Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Steelers Predictions

danlhart87

I can't remember the last time I have been more proud of a team than the 2020 Colts. Maybe Luck's rookie year in 2012 because we went from 2-14 to 11-5, that was great stuff. Luck was unbelievable that season with his comebacks and Reggie Wayne turned back time. Mathis and Davis held it down on D. This 2020 team is a complete team, we can beat anyone.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty easy prediction here. The Steelers win pretty handily. Better coach, better offense, better defense. We are definitely the underdogs here. I guess we have the better O-Line and running game, but that's it. Maybe the better D-Line with Bud Dupree out. Will it be enough? I don't think so. This is the type of game where the Steelers defense shuts us down and wears our defense out over the course of the game. This is a match I feared all year.

Steelers 30

Colts 13

Don't see this being close at all.

This match up is always hell for me. My best friend is a steelers fan along with many other friends. Got texts from first loss of season against jags from them. During the Peyton years always heard how the colts were better and going to beat them just so they could make excuses if they lose. Well guess we all know  how many times that actually happened. So when they won, it was even more intolerable. My heart says colts  but history proves otherwise. Really hope history doesn't repeat itself!

32 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Pretty easy prediction here. The Steelers win pretty handily. Better coach, better offense, better defense. We are definitely the underdogs here. I guess we have the better O-Line and running game, but that's it. Maybe the better D-Line with Bud Dupree out. Will it be enough? I don't think so. This is the type of game where the Steelers defense shuts us down and wears our defense out over the course of the game. This is a match I feared all year.

Steelers 30

Colts 13

I disagree, this is where we turn the tables. We win 24-23 in another one of those magical ways. I have my beer, whisky, and Tums ready. The football Gods are with us right now, I feel it. Pitt is good but not great like the Chiefs, they are beatable. 

Every year I look at the Steelers and say "They aren't that great", and I think we have a chance and we get knocked on our butt.  Last year was about the best chance we have had recently and we still missed kicks and threw pick sixes and lost.  You can argue the Steelers won or the Colts blew it but bottom line the Colts still left Pittsburgh with an 'L'.  So this year Imma try something different:  The Steelers will beat the Colts into the ground and make them beg for their mama and win 135 to -7.  The NFL will penalize the Colts 7 points for pleading for mercy.  The Steelers are the best team in the history of the NFL and cannot be beaten by anyone, at any time.  There.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Steelers 30

Colts 13

I don’t think the Steelers have the better offense. I think rivers is having a better year then Big Ben. They are missing Dupre so I would say their defense comes back to ours a little.  Going to be fun to see what happens.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I disagree, this is where we turn the tables. We win 24-23 in another one of those magical ways. I have my beer, whisky, and Tums ready. The football Gods are with us right now, I feel it. Pitt is good but not great like the Chiefs, they are beatable. 

@2006Coltsbestever Have you ever on this forum picked the Colts to lose? lmao I have to look back at your gazillion posts to try to find one haha. One thing I love about being on here, not having the advantage of living in Indy, is being connected with super positive Colts fans like yourself! Keep it up buddy my skeptical side needs it!

Happy Homer Simpson GIF

(Now with all that being said, I think the Steelers will win but I want to be proven wrong very badly!!)

I hate the Steelers with "Khan Noonien Singh" hate. For those who are too young, that is Khan from the "Wrath of Khan" Star trek sequel. 

"Aaaahhh Kirk, My Old Friend. Do You Know The Klingon Proverb Which Tells Us Revenge Is A Dish That Is Best Served Cold? It Is Very Cold... In Space!"

""He Tasks Me. He Tasks Me, And I Shall Have Him! I'll Chase Him 'Round The Moons Of Nibia, And 'Round The Antares Maelstrom, And 'Round Perdition's Flames Before I Give Him Up!"

"I Mean To Avenge Myself Upon You, Admiral. I Deprived Your Ship Of Power, And, When I Swing Around, I Mean To Deprive You Of Your Life, But I Wanted You To Know First Who It Was Who Had Beaten You!"

"I've done far worse than kill you. I've hurt you, and I wish to go on hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me, as you left her: marooned for all eternity in the center of a dead planet, buried alive. [whispers] Buried alive!!!!"

I wish this game was after or simultaneous to the Titans/Packers game, but it's not. Tennessee will have the benefit of knowing the results of our game before they take the field in primetime, let's hope we've won and that puts pressure on them to try and match us.

I think we find a way to win this, especially knowing the stakes. Pittsburgh will be trying to win their division, but their postseason berth is already assured where as if we lose, we could be out even with a win the next weekend. Philip may not have gawdy stats in this game (or he might) but I think he leads several drives that result in rushing touchdowns. I also think he throws for at least 1. A defensive and/or special teams score could also be the deciding factor but I feel we find a way to get it done, then fight for the AFC South title the following week.

1 hour ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

@2006Coltsbestever Have you ever on this forum picked the Colts to lose? lmao I have to look back at your gazillion posts to try to find one haha. One thing I love about being on here, not having the advantage of living in Indy, is being connected with super positive Colts fans like yourself! Keep it up buddy my skeptical side needs it!

Happy Homer Simpson GIF

(Now with all that being said, I think the Steelers will win but I want to be proven wrong very badly!!)

You know what I don't think I have picked us to lose come to think of it lmao happy homer simpson GIF- hey the Mic Rib is back at McDonalds.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been here since the 2015 season so I am sure during the 2017 I had us losing some games. With Luck at QB and now Rivers I always pick us to win though. I even picked us last year at KC with JB and was right lmao 

I remember that! Haha you were in the clouds after that win (we all were) :D

stoned the simpsons GIF

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Steelers 30

Colts 13

I'm still not sure how good we are. But as to the Steelers , I told my son a few weeks ago  they were by far the worst 10...11-0 team in the last 60 years that I have watched football. They are paper tigers and I made some nice money getting against then in the last 2 weeks. I'm not going to predict a score as I aways jinx us. But I'll go on record saying you have them over estimated. 

I will go on record here as saying we are a minimum of 15 points better than this awfull steeler team but just like most other years we've played them in the last 45 years we will play just bad enough, make a couple ridiculous mistakes, miss a kick or 2, and ofcourse the 4th quarter officiating will clinch it for the steelers. Then we have to beat the jags and hope the dolphins or ravens lose 1 more also. Can you imagine being 11-5 and missing the playoffs????? Go Colts, change history next Sunday in Pittsburgh!

48 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

These 2 teams have given up the least amount of sacks 

Colts 14

Steelers 11

Hope Colts get to Big Ben

Ben is hard to get to when he mostly dinks and dunks. 

I think the Colts should do fine as long as they can hold the YAC down. Tackling will be the key.

To me it's pretty obvious.

If the Colts play how they do for one half every game, they will beat the Steelers by 2 scores. 

It will come down to 3 things:

1.) Scoring TD's instead of FG's. We are awful at this. 
2.) Pressuring Big Ben

3.) Not allowing the vertical passing game to get going. Big Ben will dice our zone right up the seams if we play our cover 2 zone all game. They are going to score. Make them earn every yard. Bend don't break. Limit to FG's. 

Archived