• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Colts 21 Steelers 25  

Colts 2 steelers 0. Houston gets safety for the win

Posted Images

I can't lie this is one of the only threads I hate every year or two because I have to say we're gonna lose which I hate.

The stats don't lie in this matchup, we post them whenever we play them. They could have Tolzien or Painter starting along with an entire practice squad defense and lose.

Hoping Philip bucks the trend.

24-17 that other team...:thmdown:

• Like 2

One thing for sure is this colts and Steelers offense is very similar. I think the colts might get more explosive plays though. Going to come down to can the colts protect rivers. Them missing Dupree should help. I want to see joe they play the Bengals tomorrow to get a feel for this game. Steelers should dominate but if they don’t steelers might be falling apart.

6 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Hopefully not, but even if it is a bad weather, “ground & pound” game with limited passing, I still like our chances!

The weather forecast said it’ll be 30s and partly cloudy. Though that could change quickly lol.

17 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Hopefully not, but even if it is a bad weather, “ground & pound” game with limited passing, I still like our chances!

High of 35 and sunny

Can Frank Reich call a game that can win against the Steelers? I wonder. The Colts are very capable of beating them. But their coach is very capable of finding a way to mess it up. And with the  defense’s struggles to cover the middle on pass plays, we know the game won’t be a low scoring affair. If Frank somehow magically morphs into a Bill Walsh creative play caller, the Colts win. But since this is as likely as Andrew Luck suiting up next week, I am adjusting my brain to a Steelers win. I hate that, but Frank is who he is. No one will be happier if I’m wrong. I don’t think I am. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Orioles22 said:

I think I remember a Monday night game when we beat them. I think Peyton threw a bomb to Marvin on the first play.

Yeah that was a TD pass. We handled them easily that game... and then it was playoff time, 2005. 

Colts laid an egg and steelers took advantage. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
32 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I heard Nance say "see you next week in Pittsburgh".

Yeah that's definitely what I heard as well. Wanted to be sure.

Glad we'll have more Colts fans being able to watch in general next week (for the radio/streaming fans).

I'm really hoping we show up, it's basically a potential playoff matchup, but in December. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Hopefully the weather isn’t too bad.

On the contrary, I hope it is terrible weather! Our run game is starting to take off with Taylor looking like he is figuring it out and Hines getting carries in better situations as well where he is less predictable.

The Steelers running game is "meh" at best right now. Give me Deforest Buckner and our D-line vs their running game all day.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• As you likely know,  the 2021 schedule is revealed Wednesday Night...   5/12...   8p your time...   5p my time...     These are things I always look for as soon as I see the schedule.   In no particular order....   1.    Do we start at home, or on the road?   Typically, you close your season with the opposite.       2.    Marquee games?    National Games?    Are we on the big stage at all?    Anything beyond the dreaded Thursday night games which most every team gets stuck with and hates!     Ugh.  The worst.   3.   Bye week?    When does it happen?    I prefer late October to Early November.   Something close to the middle of the season.    We got lucky once having the bye week in week 4.    That was Luck's rookie year.    The early break allowed Chuck Pagano and his wife to see a doctor and caught his leukemia early enough to save him.    Otherwise, I hate the early bye week.   I prefer weeks 7-10.   4.   Hardest stretch of the schedule.   Easiest part of the schedule.   Knowing full well that what the schedule might seem like in May, might be totally different by the time that part of the season comes.   5.    Potential bad weather games.    So, this year,  we play Buffalo, Baltimore, Dolphins and Jags on the road.   Games in September likely means hot and humid.   Games in the northern cities in December likely means cold and even possible snow.   6.    Anything out of the ordinary?    Some years, one team gets screwed and has to play 3 consecutive games on the road.    I think it has most recently happened to SF and Seattle,  and those teams already put on a lot of miles traveling from the West Coast.   Did I leave out anything?     Is there something you look for and I didn't mention it?    Let us know!   The 2021 season gets REAL Wednesday Night!           
    • Actually we can if we cut Doyle. Saves 4.5 mil
    • No way have the cap room to spend on him. 
    • OK......   You've conflated two issues in this post, and moved the goal-line in the process.   Your headline says "Why does Ballard love 1-year deals"...     and you list a large bunch of players who have received one-year deals.   But you've also lumped in with them, a bunch of players who are NOT one 1-year deals.    They are on the last year of their rookie contract.    Their 4-year rookie contract.    That's entirely DIFFERENT.   You listed, Hines, Wilkins, Smith, Turay, Lewis,  Adams and Franklin.   That's 7 players who are on the last year of their 4-year rookie contract.   You even included Glowinski, who is on the last year of his 3-year deal that Ballard signed him to.    8 players.   And they've all been lumped in with guys who got 1-year deals.   The reasons for all the 1-year deals are several.    One, 1-year deals keep motivation high.   Two,  1-year deals can be done with players at a young age because you have contractual leverage, like with Pascal and MAC and Odoms.    Three,  one year deals during this current strange Covid time is because the salary cap has gone down,  no one is quite sure how much it will go up next year?   So, better to do a one-year deal and then figure things out in a year or so when we all have a better idea on what the 22 cap will be and even the 23 cap.    Four,  things are going to get complicated, financially speaking, when we sign guys like Q, Darius and Braden to their Big Deals.   Plus, by then we might be talking about extending Wentz.   All that will be a big factor on our long-term approach to the team.    
    • I think that ship has sailed.
  • Members

• Colt Overseas

Colt Overseas 823

• AlanNC

AlanNC 60

• PureLuck

PureLuck 195

• Coltpwr

Coltpwr 0

Rookie
    • IinD