Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets get 1st win

danlhart87

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Lol.  If they get Lawrence and we have Watson and Lawrence in this division it’s tike to find our own future. This is going to be a wild division the next ten years.

I am not really worried about it, Rivers I am sure will be back next year anyway. I am focused on 2020 and our possible run at a championship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

If the Jags want the #1 draft pick, it means that they should lose to the Colts. Now the Colts just have to win next week. 

Good, time to rest up our starters!

"Hey Jags, you up for a little Jacoby action? Actually, no, scratch that. Let's see you face our 3rd stringers!"

13 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

Is there anyone more annoying than Adam Schefter...

No, and there hasn't been since he felt it important that he announce luck retirement while the game was still going on

Just the worst experience I've had as a Colts fan.  He didn't have to do that, he just wanted to

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

no doubt.

Is Justin Fields that far behind Lawrence?  Seems they both have A+ grades.

IMO there’s a sizable gap between Lawrence and Fields.

His stock has taken a bit of a hit recently with how he’s performed in big games, very much over relying on the run. Still the #2 guy, has high potential. But I’d liken it to the Luck vs RGIII in a way...where one was clearly better.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Nadine said:

No, and there hasn't been since he felt it important that he announce luck retirement while the game was still going on

Just the worst experience I've had as a Colts fan.  He didn't have to do that, he just wanted to

Didn't Schefter post pictures and/or information from Jason Pierre-Paul's medical record after his hand exploded when he was playing with foreworks? I thought that was awful. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Same here - best game I've ever been too. I'm not a big memorabilia guy but I still have the newspaper the Colts printed and handed fans as you left the stadium. Best game ever for me.    After that probably the Chargers game to end the home schedule (2004 or 2005) when Peyton broke all the single season passing records and Rhodes returned a kickoff to force OT which ultimately led to a Colts win.   
    • I was just reinforcing what you were saying.   Here's what people don't get about stats.  They are a simply just a mathematical computation of values.  And that's a huge weakness.  Formulas require consistency in the values.  Yards.  Number of Carries.  Interceptions.  Down and Distance, etc.   In the NFL, each one of those situations is unique from team to team, even situation to situation.  Its called idiosyncrasies.  Mathematical formulas hate idiosyncrasies....but the NFL is hardly anything else but a collection of idiosyncrasies.   So what happens is, and this is with stats in all fields not just sports, is that the data must be stripped down to its most basic components in order to be loaded into the formulas, or algorithms.  (Complex algorithms are rare, but they are able to process many different idiosyncrasies.  Facebook etc. has complex algorithms).   When looking at interception stats, we try to gauge the QBs decision making.  He gets diminished when he makes a good decision and a good throw but the WR lets the ball hit off of his facemask for a pick.  He gets elevated when he makes poor decisions and throws passes right at DBs who doesn't catch them.  The passes get processed as mere incompletions.   That's why watching tape is more important than stats.  For example, if you were to rate Wentz performance against SF, he might stat-wise rate out to over 100.  But if you included the terrible decisions he made in the first half (where Collinsworth pointed out he might have had 3 or 4 picks), he probably should have rated no higher than a 30.   But, since the math can't process the idiosyncrasy of a bad play by the DB from another type of incomplete pass, the math is processing very simple data points and the stat becomes very basic information....not sophisticated at all.
    • I agree this is a pivotal game   If we dont win THIS game, TENN has the division .... we are too far back   There are some good teams vying for the Wild Card.     One week at a time
    • With Mich State and Michigan playing and Penn State and Ohio State and Iowa and Wisc., the Big Ten will be beating each other up this week.  
  • Members

• chad72

chad72 8,405

• harrisoncolts88

harrisoncolts88 77

• HoosierHero

HoosierHero 111

• J@son

J@son 1,067

• GoHorse1992

GoHorse1992 64

• newb767