Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Missed the game


danlhart87
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, EastStreet said:

That's super duper lame. 

 

Positivity seminar in town?

How did you know 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Got off to a quick start.  Got burned deep and went to the soft zone and Watson picked it apart but the Colts kept scoring and got a fumble at the end when the Texans were about to score to win 27-20.

dang a fumble to end it again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Freakin awesome great trade Ballard 

Did the OL play alright?

Yeah I think Rivers was sacked once and had lots of time to throw most of the day and the the Colts were over 100 yards as a team running despite limited positions because of all the long drives.  
 

Also it’s a Christmas miracle NO HOLDING CALLS!!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I knew they would fumble again, that is what they do lmao 

Well let’s give the Manic credit he made them fumble this one.  That’s good coaching and a good player making plays in big situations.  If you watch the Colts on every tackle they are ripping at the ball.  That’s very good coaching.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

@danlhart87Buckner actually got 3 sacks AND a forced fumble. Looked great today when he played. What a monster of a man he has turned out to be for us! :) Absolute great trade from Ballard as you said!

Let’s just hope @danlhart87 doesn’t have a reverse jinx in him because him calling guys out has made them play well so let’s hope him saying good things doesn’t make them struggle lol.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

@danlhart87Buckner actually got 3 sacks AND a forced fumble. Looked great today when he played. What a monster of a man he has turned out to be for us! :) Absolute great trade from Ballard as you said!

Yeah, Im interested to see his snap count today.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is funny because I said to myself if they score these guys will go for 2 haha 

I don't buy that tbh. I think Reich was saying that last time as a lie to cover up  his poor call of not kicking a FG to get up by 7 two weeks ago. He knew good and well they wouldn't of. That only happens in preseason to protect the players from getting hurt. Don't care if the Texans were out of it, they weren't going for two last time, and they weren't going for two this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I don't buy that tbh. I think Reich was saying that last time as a lie to cover his poor call of not kicking a FG to tie it up two weeks ago. He knew good and well they wouldn't of. That only happens in preseason to protect the players from getting hurt. Don't care if the Texans were out of it, they weren't going for two last time, and they weren't going for two this time.

I think they would've because they are eliminated from the playoffs and have nothing to lose. I am almost sure of it because of what happened 2 weeks ago.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think they would've because they are eliminated from the playoffs and have nothing to lose. I am almost sure of it because of what happened 2 weeks ago.

I just almost never see it, unless it's preseason, unless it's to tie the game up or get ahead by 3 or 7, or within 3 or 7. The situation Reich was talking about where they would go for two to decide who wins and loses is very rare in the regular season. I just don't buy it, even if they were eliminated. Just me though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I just almost never see it, unless it's preseason, unless it's to tie the game up or get ahead by 3 or 7, or within 3 or 7. The situation Reich was talking about where they would go for two to decide who wins and loses is very rare in the regular season. I just don't buy it, even if they were eliminated. Just me though.

Watson is the type of a guy that likes making statements, I think they would've but we will never know. If they were in the playoff race then I would agree with you.They have 0 to lose so why not.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watson is the type of a guy that likes making statements, I think they would've but we will never know. If they were in the playoff race then I would agree with you.They have 0 to lose so why not.

It's more of an odds thing IMO. They can't really run on us too well, so 1 run play doesn't have a great chance. They could pass and score on us to win, but the odds are still less than 50%. I guess it would come down to if they thought they were the inferior team and couldn't score on us or stop us in OT. If not, then you go for two and take the slightly less than 50/50 odds. It's like going for Red or Black on a roulette wheel odds-wise I believe if you are the Texans, except we have the opposite color along with the Green zeroes to tilt the odds slightly in our favor.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's more of an odds thing IMO. They can't really run on us too well, so 1 run play doesn't have a great chance. They could pass and score on us to win, but the odds are still less than 50%. I guess it would come down to if they thought they were the inferior team and couldn't score on us or stop us in OT. If not, then you go for two and take the slightly less than 50/50 odds. It's like going for Red or Black on a roulette wheel odds-wise I believe if you are the Texans, except we have the opposite color along with the Green zeroes to tilt the odds slightly in our favor.

I am just glad it didn't come to that because I could picture Watson faking a handoff and running it in untouched for a 2. Watching them celebrate and us losing a heart breaker. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am just glad it didn't come to that because I could picture Watson faking a handoff and running it in untouched for a 2. Watching them celebrate and us losing a heart breaker. 

I had a feeling they were going to turn the ball over on that final drive again. I was talking to my friend on the phone, and we were watching them and I said, "there will be a fumble or INT before they score and we will win". Sure enough, Darius stripped the ball, and Okereke recovered. De ja vu all over again! haha LOVE IT!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I don’t suppose you’ve noticed….   But….   All your conspiracy theories have been rejected by this community.   You couldn’t have a better audience…. People here willing to give you a listen and consider your views….  Yet your rash of conspiracy theories you've posted today have all been given a huge thumbs down.     And yet you keep coming back with more…..   Hey, it’s your dime….  You get to do what you want.   Just thought I’d point out what I thought should be obvious by now….      
    • Oh look, @Btown_Coltand @EastStreet showed up with nothing positive to say because they haven't posted incessantly enough in every other thread in this forum to + about this team. Beyond boring. Go start another Frank Reich sucks thread. Lord knows we haven't heard you say it enough.
    • I'm just saying. The pressure Wentz was facing include the fact the WRs were not doing him any favors, he balled out. Winning the game is important, but Wentz did more then enough to win the game and yes imo outplayed Brady.
    • That's sort of a binary look at the situation.  But to answer the question, 100% at that point.    But I'll add further comment:   As @Moosejawcoltsaid elsewhere, this forum is getting amusing, but its always been that way.   Really binary: If you don't pile on Reich's 3rd quarter play calling, you're in favor of it.  If you say its not Frank, then you're saying its Ballard. If you don't mob pile on Grigson, then you are defending him.  If you like Fleener, then you're saying that you hate Allen.   What "defenders" are saying is that criticizing the play calling because there was a pick an a sack stopping two successful drives is ludicrous.  Not criticizing it is not the same thing as supporting the play calling.    The binary debate carried out these past few weeks is pointless.  These are the questions as I see it:   If you're Wentz, and we have had great success passing, what RPO do you choose when you see one on one coverage of 6'4" Pitt by a 5'9" FS (not even a CB)?  What do you do Btown?   Do you call JTs number against the box because you haven't run the ball to JT yet in the past 20 plays?  Where the completion will put us on the 5 yard line?  You will take a 5 yard run because we haven't had one in 20 plays?   And   When Frank is sending in the RPO, how does he know what the coverage will be when we are still in the huddle?   Why is Frank responsible for throwing the ball to Pitt or even making the decision to pass?  Both teams are basically in the huddle when he's making his RPO calls to Wentz.   Why is it even "Frank's play calling" that is the issue?  Seems to me that every time he calls an RPO, he's calling a running play.    The stat-based criticism has gotten kind of amusing.
    • Care to elaborate how he will provide that spark?
  • Members

    • bellevuecolt

      bellevuecolt 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dobbinblitz

      Dobbinblitz 13

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 8,238

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Skrilla Steve

      Skrilla Steve 2

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Zoltan

      Zoltan 1,421

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • FRW

      FRW 162

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Four2itus

      Four2itus 6,556

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • compuls1v3

      compuls1v3 897

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hark

      Hark 510

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Coltsfan1953

      Coltsfan1953 167

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...