Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the day...

Shadow_Creek

Okay now I see we are one win ahead of Miami. 12-4 and we are in no matter what, but we'd be the seventh seed worst case scenario

Just now, CR91 said:

We can still get the division if the Packers best the titans next week. Honestly, the Steelers don't scare me. Their a one trick pony with a top 5 defense. 

Roethlisberger can't throw the ball more than 15 yards down the field 

41 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Okay now I see we are one win ahead of Miami. 12-4 and we are in no matter what, but we'd be the seventh seed worst case scenario

Roethlisberger can't throw the ball more than 15 yards down the field 

The part you have to worry about the Steelers is their YAC. They have some very talented receivers that can make things happen after the catch. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Well, there is a chance that both we and Titans lose the next week.

After that, We should win over the jags, and then Texans pull off a narrow win over Titans.

play offs sorted

Yes, you guys barely escaped the Texans today. And it could happen again to us in week 17. But keep in mind that this will be the game that Derrick Henry will be trying for 2000 yards for the season. Even facing J J Watt, I can't see Henry being denied in that game.

1 minute ago, Sevenfeet said:

Yes, you guys barely escaped the Texans today. And it could happen again to us in week 17. But keep in mind that this will be the game that Derrick Henry will be trying for 2000 yards for the season. Even facing J J Watt, I can't see Henry being denied in that game.

Next week will determine the division, we play at Pitt, you guys play at GB. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Well, there is a chance that both we and Titans lose the next week.

After that, We should win over the jags, and then Texans pull off a narrow win over Titans.

play offs sorted

3 hours ago, bestQBever said:

Miami plays @Raiders and @Bills. They'll probably beat the raiders but the Bills game could be an L assuming Buffalo has something to play for week 17

If the Bills beat the Pats next week , their game vs Miami should be for the second seed as they beat the Steelers and have the tie breaker .

4 hours ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

I don't trust their percentages.

Unless Miami or Baltimore lose another game, 11-5 leaves us out of the playoffs.

Really need to beat PIT next week.

As per this site:  NFL Tiebreaking Procedures | NFL.com

The tie-breaker is determined by: 

"

1 Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

2 Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

3 Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

4 Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

5 Strength of victory.

6 Strength of schedule.

7 Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

8 Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

9 Best net points in common games.

10 Best net points in all games.

11 Best net touchdowns in all games.

12 Coin toss

"

We lose the head-to-head tiebreaker vs. Baltimore and CLE.  

As of right now, we have the same percentage within division games as MIA.  So that matters, if we lose to the Steelers, but beat the Jags, and they win out, we are tied there.  If we beat the Steelers and then lose to the Jags, they get the advantage in division games and win that tie breaker should they win out.

The common opponents between us and MIA are NYJ, JAX, Cincy, LV:

Right now we are 0-1 against JAX, 1-0 against NYJ, 1-0 against Cincy, 1-0 vs. LV - leaving us with a 3-1 record (4-1 if we beat Jax again).

Miami is 1-0 vs. Jax, 2-0 vs. NYJ, 1-0 vs. Cincy, yet to play LB -- meaning they are 4-0 (5-0 if they beat LV).  If they lose to LV, they can't finish 11-5 and are likely not going to be tied with us.

*Not to be a debbie downer, but the way we'd lose a tie-breaker to MIA if it comes to it is the fact that they have a better record against the lowly Jaguars. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Miami won't beat Buffalo, so that is taken care of.

You never know.  It's in Buffalo which is a huge advantage to the Bills.  But Tua's got this Phins team believing in him it seems like.  I wouldn't count them out.

Easiest thing for Indy to do is win out and not worry about being in a tie-breaker scenario.

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Bills won’t be resting their starters.  The Titans are on their heels for the 3 seed and the Titans own the tie breaker.  Also they are the Steelers heels for the 2 seed and they own the tie breaker over the Steelers. 

Bills aren’t going to care if they are a third or 4th seed.

5 hours ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

LV has Mariota at QB now, and their season is over.

Bills may be resting starters in week 17.

Miami has a legit shot to win out.

Bills may also be playing for home field advantage throughout the playoffs.    No need to write this script just yet. 

2 hours ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

How is that?

The best they can do is 13-3, and the worst KC can do is 13-3.  KC owns the head to head tiebreaker over BUF.

Fair enough.

Ultimately, all I’m saying is games still have to be played.   Decisions by multiple teams still have to be made.   That’s a lot of moving parts. 

Analysts still say we’ve got a 90% chance of making the playoffs.   Reading the posts here it sure doesn’t seem like 90 percent.   Feels more like 50 or 60 percent.   So I’ll just let it play out.  

If we win 11 games and STILL don’t make the playoffs, THAT’S a tough year. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Fair enough.

Ultimately, all I’m saying is games still have to be played.   Decisions by multiple teams still have to be made.   That’s a lot of moving parts. 

Analysts still say we’ve got a 90% chance of making the playoffs.   Reading the posts here it sure doesn’t seem like 90 percent.   Feels more like 50 or 60 percent.   So I’ll just let it play out.  

If we win 11 games and STILL don’t make the playoffs, THAT’S a tough year. 

I just don't see Miami going 11-5, Buffalo will beat them on the final day. I hope we find a way to beat Pitt so we don't have to sweat it out a little. We will beat the Jags in the rematch I am pretty sure.  

We need and we can win out (Jac is a must for a playoff team), but Pit game is a playoff game right now. Titans can lose to GB, and we can have a playoff home game.

Other than that, we will be playing for our lives against a divisional Jac (they would love to kill our season) and hoping the Bills will not be playing "soft" week 17.

AFC is loaded, 10-4 at NFC and we were sitting at 2nd seed right now.

Archived