Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the day...

Shadow_Creek

4 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

would the Ravens leap frog us in the wildcard spot if we lose to Pittsburgh i'm curious? 

Yes. They beat us earlier this year. 

If we tie with the Dolphins, Ravens, and Browns, we don't make the playoffs. 

We have about a 60% chance to make the playoffs IMO. 

Ravens are in. Browns are in. IMO. They have easy remaining schedules. 

It comes down to Colts & Miami.

3 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Yes. They beat us earlier this year. 

If we tie with the Dolphins, Ravens, and Browns, we don't make the playoffs. 

We have about a 60% chance to make the playoffs IMO. 

Ravens are in. Browns are in. IMO. They have easy remaining schedules. 

It comes down to Colts & Miami.

this was before the game started.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Ok...   look at the odds listed by Kevin Bowen.

Now look at all the posts leading up to that posts.   Colts fans seen to be saying we need help to make the playoffs.  

Kevin says with a win today (which we just got) we have a 96% chance to make the playoffs.   I don’t see that from our posters. 

What am I not understanding?   Something seems off in this thread.   

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Now look at all the posts leading up to that posts.   Colts fans seen to be saying we need help to make the playoffs.  

Kevin says with a win today (which we just got) we have a 96% chance to make the playoffs.   I don’t see that from our posters. 

I think those odds are assuming Miami or Baltimore lose at least one more game and with Miami’s schedule that’s a pretty good chance.  That or if the Colts just win out what other teams do doesn’t matter other than the Titans who finish with the Packers and Texans which are both winnable but could also be loses for the Titans.  

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't trust their percentages.

Unless Miami or Baltimore lose another game, 11-5 leaves us out of the playoffs.

Really need to beat PIT next week.

2 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

I don't trust their percentages.

Unless Miami or Baltimore lose another game, 11-5 leaves us out of the playoffs.

Really need to beat PIT next week.

Yea those percentages are off. We need to beat  the Steelers  and jags to guarantee  a spot. Lose to Steelers and  we might not make it

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Yea those percentages are off. We need to beat  the Steelers  a n.v d jags to guarantee  a spot. Lose to Steelers and  we might not make it

They aren’t off.  The only way the Colts don’t make the playoffs is if the Titans split or win out and the Ravens and Miami also win out and the Colts lose one or both of their remaining games.  When you factor in the teams these teams play those are pretty slim odds of happening.  Miami having to go to LV and Buffalo alone is huge for the Colts playoff odds.  These odds basically say the Colts aren’t a lock but it’s looking really good which it is.  

5 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I mean 5-30-8 know their stuff so if you’re gonna call out their numbers let’s see yours? 

If we lose to the Steelers  and the  ravens and dolphins  win next week those numbers plummet  big time. Considering our struggles  with the steelers and that I certain Miami  and the ravens will win next week I don't  trust the 90 percent  odds.

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

They aren’t off.  The only way the Colts don’t make the playoffs is if the Titans split or win out and the Ravens and Miami also win out and the Colts lose one or both of their remaining games.  When you factor in the teams these teams play those are pretty slim odds of happening.  Miami having to go to LV and Buffalo alone is huge for the Colts playoff odds.  These odds basically say the Colts aren’t a lock but it’s looking really good which it is.  

LV has Mariota at QB now, and their season is over.

Bills may be resting starters in week 17.

Miami has a legit shot to win out.

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Our playoff hopes rest on beating the steelers and jags in my opinion. Don't  see the ravens  losing. Bills probably  rest their starters week 17 if we fail to beat the Steelers 

3 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

LV has Mariota at QB now, and their season is over.

Bills may be resting starters in week 17.

Miami has a legit shot to win out.

The Bills won’t be resting their starters.  The Titans are on their heels for the 3 seed and the Titans own the tie breaker.  Also they are the Steelers heels for the 2 seed and they own the tie breaker over the Steelers. 

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

If we lose to the Steelers  and the  ravens and dolphins  win next week those numbers plummet  big time. Considering our struggles  with the steelers and that I certain Miami  and the ravens will win next week I don't  trust the 90 percent  odds.

Right... that’s the difference. In your opinion you’ve called the games as you feel fit. 

That’s different to working the probabilities. 

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Our playoff hopes rest on beating the steelers and jags in my opinion. Don't  see the ravens  losing. Bills probably  rest their starters week 17 if we fail to beat the Steelers 

The Bills won’t be resting their starters because they need to stay a head of the Titans.

Also your assuming everything will go wrong for the Colts.  Odds don’t do that.  Yes there is a scenario where it can happen but the reason the odds don’t like it is because there are many more odds where everything doesn’t go wrong for the Colts.  

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Bills won’t be resting their starters.  The Titans are on their heels for the 3 seed and the Titans own the tie breaker.  Also they are the Steelers heels for the 2 seed and they own the tie breaker over the Steelers. 

I hope you're right.

Not sure how important the 2 seed is vs the 3 seed this year, since only the 1 seed gets a bye.

2 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

I hope you're right.

Not sure how important the 2 seed is vs the 3 seed this year, since only the 1 seed gets a bye.

You’d rather be at home in the second round vs the 3 seed than going to their place. 

Still I’d rather the Colts just beat the Steelers and Jags and the Titans lose to the Packers or Texans and have a home playoff game.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Bills won’t be resting their starters because they need to stay a head of the Titans.

Also your assuming everything will go wrong for the Colts.  Odds don’t do that.  Yes there is a scenario where it can happen but the reason the odds don’t like it is because there are many more odds where everything doesn’t go wrong for the Colts.  

It's  2020 lol

Just now, Stephen said:

It's  2020 lol

Which is why it’s not 100%.  No one is saying it’s a done deal they are just saying it’s more likely than some feel that the Colts will get to the playoffs.  Things can happen happen but I can think of one 11-5 team that’s missed the playoffs in recent memory and that’s the Pats the year Brady was hurt.  It just doesn’t happen.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You’d rather be at home in the second round vs the 3 seed than going to their place. 

Still I’d rather the Colts just beat the Steelers and Jags and the Titans lose to the Packers or Texans and have a home playoff game.

Well, there is a chance that both we and Titans lose the next week.

After that, We should win over the jags, and then Texans pull off a narrow win over Titans.

play offs sorted

Just now, Stephen said:

The only advantage  of the 2 versus the 3 is a oiding the chiefs as long as possible 

And knowing you would only have to go on the road if you play the one seed in the AFCCG.  When you are talking about avoiding going to Pittsburgh that’s huge.  Add in getting those games in Buffalo where weather is very likely to be a factor it’s even more huge.  

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Which is why it’s not 100%.  No one is saying it’s a done deal they are just saying it’s more likely than some feel that the Colts will get to the playoffs.  Things can happen happen but I can think of one 11-5 team that’s missed the playoffs in recent memory and that’s the Pats the year Brady was hurt.  It just doesn’t happen.

Hopefully  we beat the Steelers and I'll feel better  about our chances 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

And knowing you would only have to go on the road if you play the one seed in the AFCCG.  When you are talking about avoiding going to Pittsburgh that’s huge.  Add in getting those games in Buffalo where weather is very likely to be a factor it’s even more huge.  

Weirdly, I feel like we’d do okay in a bad weather game.

Archived