Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's gonna be hard, but we have to root for the Patriots to beat the Dolphins this weekend.

18 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

The New England Patriots.... useful tools in the Colts quest for the playoffs.....

BB93C116-74ED-420F-874D-E81CDF9ED9F1.jpeg.cbc9234c1176f9377daa5d4ee6d82f53.jpeg

Was gonna post a gif of Cletus from the Simpsons, but my internet wont load fast enough at work.

But in the words of Cletus in the Simpsons movie...”I Cain’t, I simply Cain’t!” 

i will never root for the cheaters until their scumbag coach and scumbag owner step away from football for good!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

They are basically eliminated from the playoffs so see it as rooting for a worse draft position. 

This is exactly it! Thanks.

Rooting for the Pats to win this weekend is, in fact, rooting for them to LOSE DRAFT CAPITAL. I will always root for things that hurt the Pats, so I will definitely be rooting for them to win out this season!

• Like 1

Theory.

Would Belichick purposely lose to the Jets to avoid having to face Lawrence for the next decade?

That could make for a interesting game if both teams wanted to lose.   I don't think players tank on purpose, but coaches a GM's do.  We'll see if both the Jets and Pats have a big covid outbreak in the next week.  

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Theory.

Would Belichick purposely lose to the Jets to avoid having to face Lawrence for the next decade?

That could make for a interesting game if both teams wanted to lose.   I don't think players tank on purpose, but coaches a GM's do.  We'll see if both the Jets and Pats have a big covid outbreak in the next week.  

How much longer is Belichick even gonna coach? He's nearly 70 years old. I'd bet that he leaves the job before Lawrence even becomes a factor in the NFL.

And by the way, it's still the Jets. One of the most shoddily run teams in the league. If they ever get their ownership, front office and coaching staff properly situated, maybe they'll be a problem for the AFC East. Just adding Lawrence -- even if he's as good as expected -- probably isn't enough for them to be a major threat. (For reference, we had five and a half years of Luck, and won the division twice.)

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Myles said:

I would not put it past him.  there were some whispers of them tanking a game late in the season a while back for playoff matchups.  a loss could help their own draft position too

wouldnt be surprised if either or both teams make a questionable move to lose this one 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Myles said:

Theory.

I would be so irate. But, I think you might be right. 

I think he might wait to go to Jarrett Stidham during the Jets game and shut down some players. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Myles said:

Theory.

The jets would have to win 2 games and the jags to lose out to not get the number 1 pick

6 hours ago, IndyEric07 said:

Was gonna post a gif of Cletus from the Simpsons, but my internet wont load fast enough at work.

But in the words of Cletus in the Simpsons movie...”I Cain’t, I simply Cain’t!” 

i will never root for the cheaters until their scumbag coach and scumbag owner step away from football for good!

No way will I root for that diva quarterback. And well said about those scumbags.

15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The jets would have to win 2 games and the jags to lose out to not get the number 1 pick

According to this it would be the Jags.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2020/12/10/jaguars-strength-of-schedule-tiebreaker-lead-over-jets-is-nearly-insurmountable/

Three-fourths of a season is child’s play as it relates to Trevor Lawrence. Twelve losses can’t even get it done. The 0-12 New York Jets haven’t won a game, and they still can’t feel secure in their No. 1 draft status in the next NFL draft.

Although the Jacksonville Jaguars are one game behind in the tank standings, the Jets and their fans can only look at the lead as a half-game difference.

The strength of schedule tiebreaker race is all but over, which means a tie between the Jets and Jags will go to the latter. It’s just that simple—unless a miracle occurs over the season’s final four weeks.

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I mean I don’t know who I’d rather see in the playoffs. Bill is working some evil magic to be getting in the hunt with the terrible Cam Newton. I don’t know if I want whatever it is he’s cooking. 

Even if the Patriots got in Colts wouldn't play them til AFC Championship 

2 hours ago, John Waylon said:

I mean I don’t know who I’d rather see in the playoffs. Bill is working some evil magic to be getting in the hunt with the terrible Cam Newton. I don’t know if I want whatever it is he’s cooking. 

I hear you about the enduring threat of the Patriots, but I think it's too late for them. they are two wins down from the 7th seed Dolphins and two down from the in-the-hunt Ravens. They are three wins down from the Colts, and I have no idea who owns that tie breaker if the Colts lose and and the Pats win out. Either way you look at it, they need some serious luck. Same obviously goes for the Raiders now that they lose again. They basically need a team to have a meltdown.

I guess I would rather the Ravens, Raiders and Pats all continue to lose so there is separation between the playoff teams (like Colts and Dolphins) so we clinch a playoff spot sooner.

I don't really care whether we are 6th or 7th.  As it stands now either way we would go on the road and play a tough team.  

I would also rather see the Colts win and take the division - maybe even move up the the #3 seed.

So with all of that silly logic I can still root for the Pats to lose!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Don’t really care. Apart from McDaniels losing more street cred. I dislike him more than Brady or Billy-Bob Hoodie....

McDaniels will never coach again in the NFL short of New England promoting him to head coach. And I think that's highly unlikely

Colts dodged a major bullit there