Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rigoberto Sanchez has cancerous tumor (Merge) (Update: Page 2)

What a brutal week for the Colts. And it ends with the worst of all of those news. Here's to hoping Rigo's treatment is successful and he recovers fully. Kind of puts the whole frustration of the game yesterday into perspective. 

• Like 8

The good news is the doctors think they found it very early so hopefully he will only need surgery and be back to kicking balls for the Colts in the near future and not because I am worried about how this impacts the Colts I just want Rigo healthy!

• Like 4

Yikes. The timing for that couldn’t have been much worse. With the way some teams are struggling with outbreaks that could have gotten scary. Glad to hear they caught it, and have a plan of action in place already. Nothing but the best of wishes for him, he’s a great dude and I can’t wait to see him get back to pinning teams inside the 20 again soon!

• Like 1

Many thoughts and prayers for Rigo and his family and also for the doctors who will be performing the surgery. Prayers for a complete recovery !!

Stay strong Rigo, you have lots of fans thinking of you and praying for you.

#RigobertoStrong

• Like 2
12 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Per NFL rules we do not have  enough time to sign a punter and have him eligible for the Texans game...here are Hot Rod's high school punting stats (He was all state)  

https://www.rodrigoblankenship.com/punting/

What your forgetting is the colts knew about this all last week. This is one reason Rigo still played.  Someone has most likely already been going through testing as early as last week.  You just haven’t heard yet because they won’t be signed until they are signed. If Hot Rod can punt that is great but probably not ideal.

With th the covid protocols and 16 person PS it would of been smart to keep a extra punter and FG kicker on the PS. Imagine is Hot Rod came down with Covid late in the week and couldn’t play and we had no FG kicker.

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

What your forgetting is the colts knew about this all last week. This is one reason Rigo still played.  Someone has most likely already been going through testing as early as last week.  You just haven’t heard yet because they won’t be signed until they are signed. If Hot Rod can punt that is great but probably not ideal.

With th the covid protocols and 16 person PS it would of been smart to keep a extra punter and FG kicker on the PS. Imagine is Hot Rod came down with Covid late in the week and couldn’t play and we had no FG kicker.

Ive never read they knew about it last week, earliest I could find was Saturday (Hope it is true but couldnt find it anywhere) and no report the contacted anyone to put in protocol that I have seen (Again sure hope I am wrong, hoping for M King).

• 2 weeks later...
  • MTC changed the title to Rigoberto Sanchez has cancerous tumor (Merge) (Update: Page 2)