Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2021 Draft Watchlists and Team Fits/ Senior Bowl Week (Merge)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's do Cosmi 21 Turner 54

Speaking of BYU    

Colts were at Cosmi's Pro Day, where he scored a perfect RAS score  . I predict him to be in consideration at 21     

Posted Images

Tutu Atwell with a very questionable pro day:

 

 

People being worried about Devonta Smith being 170 pounds... well Atwell just measured at 155. He also had some bad explosion numbers and his speed was not quite as fast as imagined. If you take into account the bump in speed testing players get at pro day vs at the combine. He's a 155 pound guy who likely runs in the high 4.4s. 

 

And when you  take into account how raw he is technically, I personally would not be drafting him anywhere near day 1 or 2. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stitches said:

Tutu Atwell with a very questionable pro day:

 

 

People being worried about Devonta Smith being 170 pounds... well Atwell just measured at 155. He also had some bad explosion numbers and his speed was not quite as fast as imagined. If you take into account the bump in speed testing players get at pro day vs at the combine. He's a 155 pound guy who likely runs in the high 4.4s. 

 

And when you  take into account how raw he is technically, I personally would not be drafting him anywhere near day 1 or 2. 

 


Yup...   I think Tutu seriously hurt himself in the last few weeks.   I personally wouldn’t go near until R4. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok Payton Turner is definitely hot on our radar now. If we took him with the 54th pick I’d be thrilled. Look at his 3 cone! :woah: This guy is a perfect fit here.

 


It is also worth noting Payton has over 35 inch arms. Just looks such an exciting prospect, length, size now shows explosiveness and flexibility. He also plays with a high motor and good attitude. Would love if we got him.


 

Very bad testing from Jordan Smith, his 3 cone is a complete disaster. This could take him out of day 2 actually. Especially as he is a speed rusher.

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Ok Payton Turner is definitely hot on our radar now. If we took him with the 54th pick I’d be thrilled. Look at his 3 cone! :woah: This guy is a perfect fit here.

 


 

Very bad testing from Jordan Smith, his 3 cone is a complete disaster. This could take him out of day 2 actually. Especially as he is a speed rusher.

 

 

 

Damn... I was so hopeful for Jordan Smith's numbers. Those are concerning on multiple levels - he measured heavier than I expected and the numbers are so bad... he either didn't prepare or he's really not the athlete I thought he was... and I don't know which one is worse. He was my sleeper until today... I think I will have to scratch him off my baord. This thing looks scarily similar to the Polite story. 

 

On the opposite end - good on Payton Turner ... he won't get out of round 2 IMO. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, stitches said:

Damn... I was so hopeful for Jordan Smith's numbers. Those are concerning on multiple levels - he measured heavier than I expected and the numbers are so bad... he either didn't prepare or he's really not the athlete I thought he was... and I don't know which one is worse. He was my sleeper until today... I think I will have to scratch him off my baord. This thing looks scarily similar to the Polite story. 

 

On the opposite end - good on Payton Turner ... he won't get out of round 2 IMO. 


Polite was the first guy I taught about too when I saw his numbers lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, stitches said:

 

On the opposite end - good on Payton Turner ... he won't get out of round 2 IMO. 

 

Another guy who scored well was Elerson Smith of Northern Iowa, should be on our radar too for Day 3 in Round 4, IMO.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

Another guy who scored well was Elerson Smith of Northern Iowa, should be on our radar too for Day 3 in Round 4, IMO.

Let's do Cosmi 21 Turner 54

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Let's do Cosmi 21 Turner 54

At this point I wouldn't mind that. Seems like a good realistic scenario. Although... maybe Turner has moved up with his testing? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 10:37 PM, danlhart87 said:

Let's do Cosmi 21 Turner 54

I’m okay with that, but ideally I’d hope you can trade down and still get Cosmi or Darrisaw. I think getting that 3rd round pick back has to be priority.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, stitches said:

Potential trade down partners:

 

 

I think the big question here....   what will GB offer to move up?    I’ve seen to different stories which had the Packers offering their two late 4’s.   
 

We’d like want a 3 and a 5,  but would settle for the 3.   Maybe a 3 and a 6?

 

I suspect we would like to have a verbal agreement in place depending on who is available when we’re on the clock at 21. 

Link to post
Share on other sites


I really like him after Turner. TBH I think there’s a good chance we draft one of them if not both. Robinson also has super long arms and is very athletic. He fits the Ballard mold, which I’ll have a topic about soon.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:


I really like him after Turner. TBH I think there’s a good chance we draft one of them if not both. Robinson also has super long arms and is very athletic. He fits the Ballard mold, which I’ll have a topic about soon.

This is why we need to not trade away any picks if at all possible......  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

This is why we need to not trade away any picks if at all possible......  

Agreed. Accumulate more picks if anything. This is a deep draft at Edge, corner, and OT. All of which happen to be needs for the Colts.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Agreed. Accumulate more picks if anything. This is a deep draft at Edge, corner, and OT. All of which happen to be needs for the Colts.

Those three PLUS wide receiver!   Those Big 4 match our four biggest needs. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 3:58 PM, stitches said:

 

On the opposite end - good on Payton Turner ... he won't get out of round 2 IMO. 

Payton Turner Quote

 

“I’m most comfortable at outside [line]backer, that’s where most teams see me at. I played a year and a half on the edge and had supreme production where I showed versatility along with the ability to rush out of the 3-technique.”

 

He said the Jags and Cowboys had shown the most interest

 

Not sure if this says anything or not, (About his interest, and teams taking interest)  But something to "tuck away"

 

He was on my list of 2nd round guys to consider..... (And still is)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Payton Turner Quote

 

“I’m most comfortable at outside [line]backer, that’s where most teams see me at. I played a year and a half on the edge and had supreme production where I showed versatility along with the ability to rush out of the 3-technique.”

 

He said the Jags and Cowboys had shown the most interest

 

Not sure if this says anything or not, (About his interest, and teams taking interest)  But something to "tuck away"

 

He was on my list of 2nd round guys to consider..... (And still is)

It’s funny because I was just reading on Twitter that his tape showed he was at his best with his hand in the dirt and that’s also where he’ll make his Mark in the NFL. He also lined up inside from time to time.

 

Nothing about Turner screams 3-4 OLB.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

It’s funny because I was just reading on Twitter that his tape showed he was at his best with his hand in the dirt and that’s also where he’ll make his Mark in the NFL. He also lined up inside from time to time.

 

Nothing about Turner screams 3-4 OLB.

I agree, he looks like a 4-3 end..... but what do I know....

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

Came across an interesting tweet about Melifonwu, I'd be surprised if he fell to Round 3 being honest.

 

 

The possibility of him being available in round 3 would be all the more reason to trade back and try to get a 3rd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

The possibility of him being available in round 3 would be all the more reason to trade back and try to get a 3rd.

 

My dream is Nico Collins if we could pick up a 3rd but I'd love if we got Melifonwu, but nonetheless there are going to be good players available in that round, if Ballard can find a way of manufacturing an extra pick.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

The possibility of him being available in round 3 would be all the more reason to trade back and try to get a 3rd.

I wonder if no teams want him after his brother not playing well

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I mean if that’s true then stand clear of Basham 

I mean, Carlos Basham and Terrell Basham are cousins, but the premise of holding a prospects' relative's shortcomings against them in scouting is pretty ridiculous and lazy (the sentiment echoed in the original tweet as well). 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I wonder if no teams want him after his brother not playing well

No team would want him?

 

All 32 teams would forget what the player has done in college because he’s related to Terrel Basham?   Seriously?

 

Dear God, the draft can’t get here soon enough!    Please!   Make it STOP!!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No team would want him?

 

All 32 teams would forget what the player has done in college because he’s related to Terrel Basham?   Seriously?

 

Dear God, the draft can’t get here soon enough!    Please!   Make it STOP!!!

 

No need for the Dear God and drama. I was talking about Melifonwu. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

No need for the Dear God and drama. I was talking about Melifonwu. 

Does it matter which brother?

 

You scout the player.   Period.    Just because one member of a family might not work out, doesn’t mean another member won’t.  
 

And the drama comes you thinking all 32 teams would have no interest for the same reason — the brother.  All 32 teams can barely agree that today is Wednesday.  
 

All teams see the same thing differently. 
 

(Sorry, having a bad day here....).   :peek:

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 3:20 AM, Defjamz26 said:


I really like him after Turner. TBH I think there’s a good chance we draft one of them if not both. Robinson also has super long arms and is very athletic. He fits the Ballard mold, which I’ll have a topic about soon.

Just stumbling on this guy. Maybe if we can trade back in the 1st and pick up a 3rd he would be a good option. 
Mocks have him moving up to around the 130 mark but I'd be okay with him in the late 3rd.
1st rd: LT, Cosmi, Jenkins... whomever is there
2nd: Turner
3rd: Robinson :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2021 at 4:58 PM, stitches said:

Damn... I was so hopeful for Jordan Smith's numbers. Those are concerning on multiple levels - he measured heavier than I expected and the numbers are so bad... he either didn't prepare or he's really not the athlete I thought he was... and I don't know which one is worse. He was my sleeper until today... I think I will have to scratch him off my baord. This thing looks scarily similar to the Polite story. 

 

On the opposite end - good on Payton Turner ... he won't get out of round 2 IMO. 

Seen recent mocks having Turner going early in Round 2.  Been high on Turner as well so am not surprised that he may go way earlier than originally thought.  

 

As for Jordan Smith doubt the Colts even have him on their draft board due to character issues running a credit card scheme in college.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been high on a few prospects for awhile now and Turner has been one. I have continuously said he fits us like a glove. I highly doubt he is there at 54 though and he keeps climbing IMO. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

One of the best fits to our system ^ ... Amazing instincts in zone, great ball skills, tested well athletically. Good size. Arm length is long, but slightly below 32" - 31 1/2"

 

He will be high on my board. 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • w87r unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I voted Yes to all 3. It starts up front, if a team has a great O.Line even with a good QB you can win a SB. The QB has to be at least good obviously but with a great O.Line your run game is usually good as well.
    • I don’t think it’s gonna work out. It’s too much leaving not enough for other positions.  Linemen neither score nor prevent TDS.     if you have a great QB on a rookie contract, it could be ultimately successful IMO.  Otherwise I don’t see it.   I want a strong line, when you look at the list of spending, the best SB caliber teams arent on it.     TENN is not SB caliber.  They had a nice run last year but were in tenuous playoff position at the end of the year.   BUFF maybe, but they are towards the bottom of the list.  And Allen won’t be on a rookie contract much longer.   spending that much will make likely 2 things: 1.  We will be at least good offensively. 2.  We will not be a good enough team on D and at skill positions to be championship caliber.
    • I think the Fan will get indicted after looking at the video. Regarding our discussion, it depends on the situation to how I really think about this. If for some reason lets say a son and his father get into a fight. The father hits the son and a witness calls the police and the police have to do a report but the son doesn't want to press charges, IMO it should be over and done with if it was a one time thing. Who wants to press charges against their father?? A Grand Jury could though then it creates all kinds of family problems. I am surprised the Rockies fan that got punched doesn't want to pursue though, it was a stranger that hit him. 
    • I'm pleased where we are at with our cap, so kudos to our planning. Why sweat the details.  CB and Irsay will do all they can to keep as many as they can. And the established culture will always be a  competitive advantage at contract time.  I see us in position to having a o-line and ground game along the lines of the Cowboys and Emmitt.   Most of you understand what that means for time of possession and play action. If Wentz can get even close to 33-7... we can justify a very high % towards the right dominant individuals.  We would be as good as any for 3-4 years. Knock Knock
    • That was my biggest gripe with not getting someone in the draft, but they drafted a premium position still so it didn't really matter. I expect them to be able to re-sign every the next couple years. We'll start losing people if they keep drafting well but that's a good thing. 
  • Members

    • danlhart87

      danlhart87 9,261

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • buccolts

      buccolts 2,577

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • KelownaColtsFan

      KelownaColtsFan 132

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PureLuck

      PureLuck 195

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Derakynn

      Derakynn 137

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • 2006Coltsbestever

      2006Coltsbestever 22,665

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Indyfan4life

      Indyfan4life 900

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • wig

      wig 160

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • dw49

      dw49 747

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nickster

      Nickster 943

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...