Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2021 Draft Watchlists and Team Fits/ Senior Bowl Week (Merge)


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Nasirildeen is this year’s Jeremy Chinn. Chinn is a guy I really liked last year too. I think Willis has played well but I’d love to have a Swiss Army knife like Nasirildeen. I mocked him to us last year before he opted to return to school.

I also had Nasirildeen on my wish list last season until someone told me he opted back to school after his injury.  Almost forgotten about him this year but like Chinn was high on him as well.  Glad to see Chinn do extremely well in his first year in the NFL.  Too bad the Colts didn't draft Chinn last year but hopefully have learned and can draft Nasirildeen in Round 2 add depth to our SS and he can compete with Okereke in different sub-packages.  Unfortunately, doubt he falls that far to be honest.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's do Cosmi 21 Turner 54

Speaking of BYU    

Colts were at Cosmi's Pro Day, where he scored a perfect RAS score  . I predict him to be in consideration at 21     

Posted Images

Some 1v1 film from the Senior Bowl this week.

 

OL v DL (American)

 

 

OL v DL (National)

 

 

Patrick Jones II looks really bad in his reps. He has the jump and straight line speed, but there's just no hip flexibility or pass rush moves. I'm cold on him tbh.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

WR v DB 1v1s for y'all if bored this weekend.

 

 

 

 

Toney is just outrageously quick, its not right to run those drills with the whole field at his mercy.

 

Josh Palmer looks like a big boundary WR that can move. Worth keeping an eye on.

 

Austin Watkins too looked good.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

WR v DB 1v1s for y'all if bored this weekend.

 

 

 

 

Toney is just outrageously quick, its not right to run those drills with the whole field at his mercy.

 

Josh Palmer looks like a big boundary WR that can move. Worth keeping an eye on.

 

Austin Watkins too looked good.

Yeah, in general a lot of those one on ones are set up for the offensive players to shine  and a lot of them did. Toney is filthy with his quickness and change of direction. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stitches said:

Yeah, in general a lot of those one on ones are set up for the offensive players to shine  and a lot of them did. Toney is filthy with his quickness and change of direction. 

Yeah that’s why every year the WRs are always the early standouts. But the scouts will let the film talk. Personally I really think Wallace would be a fit for us. Love his quickness in his horizontal routes and his toughness.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stitches said:

Yeah, in general a lot of those one on ones are set up for the offensive players to shine  and a lot of them did. Toney is filthy with his quickness and change of direction. 

Toney's explosiveness is honestly stupid. He's one of those guys that you watch break ankles off the line to beat the press and think

53780710.jpg

 

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah that’s why every year the WRs are always the early standouts. But the scouts will let the film talk. Personally I really think Wallace would be a fit for us. Love his quickness in his horizontal routes and his toughness.

I really like Wallace. I love that he's so good at contested catches, but it's because of his skill, not just being taller than everyone else like the typical WR's that are given the "great at contested catches" tagline (that hardly ever pan out). I wish their scheme allowed him to show off his route running more, but I think you see enough of it in the moments he gets to know it's a strength.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah that’s why every year the WRs are always the early standouts. But the scouts will let the film talk. Personally I really think Wallace would be a fit for us. Love his quickness in his horizontal routes and his toughness.

Wallace is one of my favorites. He probably doesn't have the high end athleticism but he is crafty and tough player. I'd love for us to draft him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stitches said:

Wallace is one of my favorites. He probably doesn't have the high end athleticism but he is crafty and tough player. I'd love for us to draft him. 

Those are typically my favorite WRs. I gravitate more to guys that run crisp routes and have great technique, but don't necessarily have high-end athleticism (mainly that they're not burners). I feel like guys that know how to create separation using their technique translate a bit better to the pros than a guy that got separation on college just because he was the fastest guy on the field.

 

Some of my favorites in recent years have been Tyler Lockett, Dante Pettis, and Van Jefferson. AJ Brown too, but I feel like he's got a bit more athleticism than technique to his game than the others.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shive said:

Those are typically my favorite WRs. I gravitate more to guys that run crisp routes and have great technique, but don't necessarily have high-end athleticism (mainly that they're not burners). I feel like guys that know how to create separation using their technique translate a bit better to the pros than a guy that got separation on college just because he was the fastest guy on the field.

 

Some of my favorites in recent years have been Tyler Lockett, Dante Pettis, and Van Jefferson. AJ Brown too, but I feel like he's got a bit more athleticism than technique to his game than the others.

One of my favorite moments watching football this year was in this Oklahoma state vs Iowa State game. No. 26 was chirping at Wallace the previous play because Wallace false started. This is what followed the very next play:

 

 

:D 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shive said:

Toney's explosiveness is honestly stupid. He's one of those guys that you watch break ankles off the line to beat the press and think

53780710.jpg

 

I really like Wallace. I love that he's so good at contested catches, but it's because of his skill, not just being taller than everyone else like the typical WR's that are given the "great at contested catches" tagline (that hardly ever pan out). I wish their scheme allowed him to show off his route running more, but I think you see enough of it in the moments he gets to know it's a strength.

 

You can't teach hands, Wallace has great body control and hands and separates. Him, Cade Johnson and Nico Collins made some coin at the Senior Bowl, IMO.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stitches said:

One of my favorite moments watching football this year was in this Oklahoma state vs Iowa State game. No. 26 was chirping at Wallace the previous play because Wallace false started. This is what followed the very next play:

 

 

:D 

 

DAAAANG!!! I was going to say that I also like his physicality, but that clip says it all. Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Non-Senior BowI related, but on the topic of WRs, I also want to like Rashod Bateman more, but I think the fact that he's pretty much just good at everything and not elite in anything doesn't draw my attention. I've seen Adam Thielan comps and I think style-wise, it's pretty accurate.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Would the Colts take a WR high after taken one in the 2nd round two years in a row? Doubt it, we have other needs like OT, TE and CB..

All depends how FA plays out

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, w87r said:

Jamie Newman seems to be showing out.....

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Yeah he disappointed. I think a lot of it has to do with rust. Guy hadn’t played in a game in like 400 days. He was working with that famous QB coach but there’s no substitute for real live game reps. He’s a 3rd round pick at best though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah he disappointed. I think a lot of it has to do with rust. Guy hadn’t played in a game in like 400 days. He was working with that famous QB coach but there’s no substitute for real live game reps. He’s a 3rd round pick at best though.

Yeah he didn't do himself any favors by sitting out this season. He had a chance to prove his stock against the SEC.

 

 

I won't knock his decision to not play because of Covid, but it really hurt him and set his development back. He is 2-3 years from any meaningful impact, if any at all, in the NFL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shive said:

Non-Senior BowI related, but on the topic of WRs, I also want to like Rashod Bateman more, but I think the fact that he's pretty much just good at everything and not elite in anything doesn't draw my attention. I've seen Adam Thielan comps and I think style-wise, it's pretty accurate.

Huh?

 

What would be the problem with drafting a wr  who you compare to Adam Thielan?

 

I don’t know much about Bateman, but if he’s like Thielan, then, yes please!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

 

What would be the problem with drafting a wr  who you compare to Adam Thielan?

 

I don’t know much about Bateman, but if he’s like Thielan, then, yes please!

 

It's not that I have any problem with Bateman, he just doesn't have any elite traits that stick out when I watch his film. He's a really good, well-rounded WR that I think could have a great rookie year (of course that would depend on who drafts him).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm watching the game now. Elerson Smith from UNI is flashing and making plays. He seems like a long defensive lineman with some speed and they've been lining him up both inside and outside. I think he's a DE in the league and might be an interesting prospect to take a shot at... maybe on day 3? I don't know what his stock is and haven't watched him before today, but definitely a new name to add to my list. His stats from 2019 are pretty good too - 21.5 TFL, 14 sacks, 5 forced fumbles, 4 PBUs, 2 blocked punts... he fills the stat sheet similar to Leonard and Okereke. But from DE position. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'm watching the game now. Elerson Smith from UNI is flashing and making plays. He seems like a long defensive lineman with some speed and they've been lining him up both inside and outside. I think he's a DE in the league and might be an interesting prospect to take a shot at... maybe on day 3? I don't know what his stock is and haven't watched him before today, but definitely a new name to add to my list. His stats from 2019 are pretty good too - 21.5 TFL, 14 sacks, 5 forced fumbles, 4 PBUs, 2 blocked punts... he fills the stat sheet similar to Leonard and Okereke. But from DE position. 


He was excellent in the 1v1s too. Hard to know where he will go.


Hard to about a lot of players really, a lot of the best performers were lesser known initially day 3 guys, it’s possible some pushed their way into the back of the 3rd round.

 

I think the mock drafts will be out by a good bit this year. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, contrary to a lot of people Patrick Jones has never really done it for me. Didn't like his game tape throughout the year, and didn't like him in drills at the senior bowl. He plays much smaller then his listed size. I think he's more likely a 3-4 OLB.

 

One player who absolutely jumped off the tape this week to me was Elerson Smith. Reading up on him too, he seems to be the exact type of DE that Ballard targets. Wouldn't be surprised if we take him anywhere from the 2nd to 5th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shive said:

Am I crazy or did Alex Leatherwood not play?

I didn't watch but I don't think many Alabama guys played. They just went for the appearance during the week. They didn't need to steal the spot light from the other guys. They jist played in the NC game against a team full of NFL talent.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2021 at 8:47 PM, Colt Overseas said:

WR v DB 1v1s for y'all if bored this weekend.

 

 

 

 

Toney is just outrageously quick, its not right to run those drills with the whole field at his mercy.

 

Josh Palmer looks like a big boundary WR that can move. Worth keeping an eye on.

 

Austin Watkins too looked good.

Lots of drops and poor throws on those videos.  Who was throwing the passes?  Coaches or the senior bowl QB’s?  Never mind. I see it’s the QB’s.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2021 at 8:45 PM, Defjamz26 said:

All the more reason to trade him. I mean they have Terell Basham, Pierre Desir, Nate Hairston, Quincy Wilson, and Henry Anderson on their squad. They love Colts players for whatever reason. Throw them another one lol. If TJ Carrie is better than Rock than it isn’t that hard to find upgrades.

Suggest going after the Rams Troy Hill a major upgrade over Rock.  PFF graded Hill with a 74.2 in 2022 and we should be able to offer him at least a 2 year deal worth around $14 million.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

As for the draft am leaning towards TE Pat Freiermuth.  One idea I had was not to resign Burton and look to the draft to find a younger replacement that and need the cap space to sign a bunch of big name FAs listed in another thread.  Only curveball to this is if QB Mack Jones is still on the board than by all means draft Jones.

 

Assuming Walker is gone and we need a MLB so would like to see the Colts select Chazz Suratt in Round 2.  Other notable players might be available are Edge Patrick and WR Amon-Ra St. Brown.  Round 3 looking at Edge Rashad Weaver, WR Nico Collins, or RB Trey Sermon to pair with Taylor.  Can see the Colts being more of a run team this year.  I still like Divine Deablo at Safety in the 4th to add depth with Willis.  Kellen Mond might be an interesting depth QB for us but like to see LB Charles Snowden and Edge Victor Dimukeje as potential targets.  Two offensive lineman peeked my interest lately OT Kayode Awosika and OT Jaylon Moore.  CB Jahshon Wright would be another interesting prospect.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, OhioColt said:

As for the draft am leaning towards TE Pat Freiermuth.  One idea I had was not to resign Burton and look to the draft to find a younger replacement that and need the cap space to sign a bunch of big name FAs listed in another thread.  Only curveball to this is if QB Mack Jones is still on the board than by all means draft Jones.

 

Assuming Walker is gone and we need a MLB so would like to see the Colts select Chazz Suratt in Round 2.  Other notable players might be available are Edge Patrick and WR Amon-Ra St. Brown.  Round 3 looking at Edge Rashad Weaver, WR Nico Collins, or RB Trey Sermon to pair with Taylor.  Can see the Colts being more of a run team this year.  I still like Divine Deablo at Safety in the 4th to add depth with Willis.  Kellen Mond might be an interesting depth QB for us but like to see LB Charles Snowden and Edge Victor Dimukeje as potential targets.  Two offensive lineman peeked my interest lately OT Kayode Awosika and OT Jaylon Moore.  CB Jahshon Wright would be another interesting prospect.

 

I'm really intrigued by Pat Friermuth too. It might not seem like the best value using a 2 on a TE when we have alot of needs in premium positions. But having a playmaking move TE would be a huge boost to our offense. And its tricky finding those top range TEs, there are only a handful of truely good playmakers at TE in the league. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 12:25 PM, cjrichard said:

I'm expecting the Colts to target QB, LT, WR, Edge in FA.     

 

I'm feeling a trade down in the first unless a high upside LT, Edge, WR, or CB falls in the Colts lap.  Trading out of the first with the Dolphins would garner two additional second rounders (3 total).  The second round has a lot of quality players and gives the Colts a lot of flexibility to fill the roster after FA and keep the Colts under the cap with a little room for roster surprises (injuries, unexpected FA releases).

 

Joseph

i hope ballard goes the fa route for the needs you mentioned, draft picks are a gamble and most take awhile, but not like ballard to go big in free agency, imo that is his big weakness

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2021 at 10:14 AM, DEFENSE said:

i hope ballard goes the fa route for the needs you mentioned, draft picks are a gamble and most take awhile, but not like ballard to go big in free agency, imo that is his big weakness

That's not a weakness at all

Its better to build through the draft 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • w87r changed the title to Colts 2021 Draft Watchlists and Team Fits/ Senior Bowl Week (Merge)
39 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

I'd take Alex Leatherwood in a heartbeat if he's still there when we pick..

Leatherwood as a .....    what?

Tackle or guard!    
 

For what it’s worth... 

 

He had a terrible Senior Bowl week.  He’s now being looked at more as a guard than tackle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2021 at 8:00 AM, OhioColt said:

As for the draft am leaning towards TE Pat Freiermuth.  One idea I had was not to resign Burton and look to the draft to find a younger replacement that and need the cap space to sign a bunch of big name FAs listed in another thread.  Only curveball to this is if QB Mack Jones is still on the board than by all means draft Jones.

 

Assuming Walker is gone and we need a MLB so would like to see the Colts select Chazz Suratt in Round 2.  Other notable players might be available are Edge Patrick and WR Amon-Ra St. Brown.  Round 3 looking at Edge Rashad Weaver, WR Nico Collins, or RB Trey Sermon to pair with Taylor.  Can see the Colts being more of a run team this year.  I still like Divine Deablo at Safety in the 4th to add depth with Willis.  Kellen Mond might be an interesting depth QB for us but like to see LB Charles Snowden and Edge Victor Dimukeje as potential targets.  Two offensive lineman peeked my interest lately OT Kayode Awosika and OT Jaylon Moore.  CB Jahshon Wright would be another interesting prospect.

I doubt we draft a linebacker very high. I think Okereke moves to Walker's spot. We didn't go with three linebackers very often anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • w87r unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • For reference, here are Ballard's 45 draft picks so far:   2017 | Round 1 | No. 15 overall | S Malik Hooker 2017 | Round 2 | No. 46 overall | CB Quincy Wilson 2017 | Round 3 | No. 80 overall | EDGE Tarrell Basham 2017 | Round 4 | No. 137 overall | OT Zach Banner 2017 | Round 4 | No. 143 overall | RB Marlon Mack 2017 | Round 4 | No. 144 overall | DT Grover Stewart 2017 | Round 5 | No. 158 overall | CB Nate Hairston 2017 | Round 5 | No. 161 overall | LB Anthony Walker Jr. 2018 | Round 1 | No. 6 overall | G Quenton Nelson 2018 | Round 2 | No. 36 overall | LB Darius Leonard 2018 | Round 2 | No. 37 overall | RT Braden Smith 2018 | Round 2 | No. 52 overall | DE Kemoko Turay 2018 | Round 2 | No. 64 overall | DL Tyquan Lewis 2018 | Round 4 | No. 104 overall | RB Nyheim Hines 2018 | Round 5 | No. 159 overall | WR Daurice Fountain 2018 | Round 5 | No. 169 overall | RB Jordan Wilkins 2018 | Round 6 | No. 185 overall | WR Deon Cain 2018 | Round 7 | No. 221 overall | LB Matthew Adams 2018 | Round 7 | No. 235 overall | LB Zaire Franklin 2019 | Round 2 | No. 34 overall | CB Rock Ya-Sin 2019 | Round 2 | No. 49 overall | DE Ben Banogu 2019 | Round 2 | No. 59 overall | WR Parris Campbell 2019 | Round 3 | No. 89 overall | LB Bobby Okereke 2019 | Round 4 | No. 109 overall | S Khari Willis 2019 | Round 5 | No. 144 overall | CB Marvell Tell 2019 | Round 5 | No. 164 overall | LB E.J. Speed 2019 | Round 6 | No. 199 overall | DE Gerri Green 2019 | Round 7 | No. 240 overall | OT Jackson Barton 2019 | Round 7 | No. 246 overall | C/G Javon Patterson 2020 | Round 2 | No. 34 overall | WR Michael Pittman Jr. 2020 | Round 2 | No. 41 overall | RB Jonathan Taylor 2020 | Round 3 | No. 85 overall | S Julian Blackmon 2020 | Round 4 | No. 122 overall | QB Jacob Eason 2020 | Round 5 | No. 149 overall | G Danny Pinter 2020 | Round 6 | No. 193 overall | DE Rob Windsor 2020 | Round 6 | No. 211 overall | CB Isaiah Rodgers 2020 | Round 6 | No. 212 overall | WR Dezmon Patmon 2020 | Round 6 | No. 213 overall | LB Jordan Glasgow 2021 | Round 1 | No. 21 overall | DE Kwity Paye 2021 | Round 2 | No. 54 overall | DE Dayo Odeyingbo 2021 | Round 4 | No. 127 overall | TE Kylen Granson 2021 | Round 5 | No. 165 overall | S Shawn Davis 2021 | Round 6 | No. 218 overall | QB Sam Ehlinger 2021 | Round 7 | No. 229 overall | WR Michael Strachan 2021 | Round 7 | No. 248 overall | OT Will Fries
    • I think it is a tough schedule any way you look at it.  
    • I was wrong.   The Cardinals got swept by the Padres.   Only lost 1 game in the division though, which is good.
    • We got 2 better players trading back instead of getting Chubb at 3.
    • I believe the TSL started last year.  Something for football junkies to watch during the NCAA and NFL off-season.
  • Members

    • NannyMcafee

      NannyMcafee 1,710

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Twistedcolt

      Twistedcolt 1

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SC-Coltsfan

      SC-Coltsfan 94

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BigBadColtDaddy

      BigBadColtDaddy 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Pelt

      Pelt 420

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • twfish

      twfish 1,146

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • newb767

      newb767 0

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • The Fish

      The Fish 1,199

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Moe

      Moe 41

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MB-ColtsFan

      MB-ColtsFan 1,296

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...