Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2021 Draft Watchlists and Team Fits/ Senior Bowl Week (Merge)


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, poilucelt said:

Tylan Wallace

Spencer Brown

Chazz Surratt

I am curious about Chazz Surratt. I’ve have seen a little on him and he doesn’t look bad but measurables are important with our FO and he doesn’t meet those IMO. A few other good players out there that are 3 or more inches taller with a better arm length and reach. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's do Cosmi 21 Turner 54

Speaking of BYU    

Walker Little tested solid today. Paulson Adebo tested very well. Another player I find intriguing is Simi Fehoko. A big almost 6’4 220lbs WR that can run (4.42 40). Kind of your Denzel Mims/C

Posted Images

Radunz is growing on me, doubt he would be there for our 2nd round pick now, OTs get overdrafted. Might need to move up in Round 2 if we don't have our first rounder.

 

Cade Johnson and Tylan Wallace, love both of them. I have loved Wallace for more than a year now.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 4:14 PM, TimetobringDfence! said:

I agree CB is a pressing need. But I wouldnt draft too high. The position is more about development. It takes a few years to get starter quality. I say we chase a few in free agency. I really like Mike Hilton, would love to get him and resign Rhodes.

 

Mike Hilton is very much like Kenny Moore, that is where it would become hard to justify paying him lots of money, he doesn't play outside as much.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

One to keep an eye out for us Keith Taylor from Washington.  Having a very good Senior bowl, a lot of people are saying he’s been the standout corner. Long boundary corner 6’2, 195lbs. Exactly the type Ballard is looking out for. I don’t know where he will go in the draft, pff and the Draft Network have him as a mid/late rounder, but I’d imagine he’ll get pushed up now.

 

 

 

 


 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

One to keep an eye out for us Keith Taylor from Washington.  Having a very good Senior bowl, a lot of people are saying he’s been the standout corner. Long boundary corner 6’2, 195lbs. Exactly the type Ballard is looking out for. I don’t know where he will go in the draft, pff and the Draft Network have him as a mid/late rounder, but I’d imagine he’ll get pushed up now.

 

 

 

 


 

Taylor looks impressive. His arms are 31" so a bit shorter than what Ballard seems to like... I wonder how high he will go. Maybe we make exception... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Carlos Basham has looked outstanding this week. Winning with both inside and outside moves from the EDGE and also showing he can with from 3-tech DT. Looks a very explosive athlete at 280lbs, and has the violent hands to win too. He’ll be a quality starting LDE in the pros, I’m sure of hit.

 

 


 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stitches said:

Taylor looks impressive. His arms are 31" so a bit shorter than what Ballard seems to like... I wonder how high he will go. Maybe we make exception... 

 

I didn’t know that, yeah possibly may have to make an exception. The main source of criticism he gets is he doesn’t have any ball production and it showed a bit this week, he should have had about 3 INTs. He is an interesting evaluation.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Carlos Basham has looked outstanding this week. Winning with both inside and outside moves from the EDGE and also showing he can with from 3-tech DT. Looks a very explosive athlete at 280lbs, and has the violent hands to win too. He’ll be a quality starting LDE in the pros, I’m sure of hit.

 

 


 

 

Basham himself says he prefers to play in a 3-4 defense.   He referenced he likes playing the 5-tech,  a position in the 3-4. 
 

At 280 with his height, he’s likely not a fit in what Ballard wants in his DL.   More speed and quickness, less power and strength.  If you have both, so much the better. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

One word for the wise I was just reading about from a Draft Network article is to be cautious when it’s comes to these WR standouts. Let’s not forget about the Penny Hart’s and KJ Hills of the world. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys know I'm not Mac Jones' biggest fan but... damn he continues to do really well at the Senior Bowl. He seems a clear tier above every other QB there. Accuracy, ball placement, anticipation... very very good... 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

One word for the wise I was just reading about from a Draft Network article is to be cautious when it’s comes to these WR standouts. Let’s not forget about the Penny Hart’s and KJ Hills of the world. 

 

Production history in pads trumps any Olympiad or wow drills in shorts!!! :) 

 

It does make a difference for DII and DIII players that you may not get to see much against good competition otherwise.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I’m trying to find out news about some of the guys who were invited but aren’t participating.

 

Kyle Trask has an ankle injury 

Dayo Adeyinbo has torn his Achilles

 

Cant find anything about Teven Jenkins though.

 

18 minutes ago, stitches said:

You guys know I'm not Mac Jones' biggest fan but... damn he continues to do really well at the Senior Bowl. He seems a clear tier above every other QB there. Accuracy, ball placement, anticipation... very very good... 

 

I’m also hearing that Jamie Newman is looking great. Couple INTs, but the ball jumps out his hand and he’s been on target. He was the QB on that insane Shi Smith catch.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, stitches said:

You guys know I'm not Mac Jones' biggest fan but... damn he continues to do really well at the Senior Bowl. He seems a clear tier above every other QB there. Accuracy, ball placement, anticipation... very very good... 

I want him over any QB

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

DB winning this red zone session. Hamsah Nasirildeen ... Richie Grant... both doing really well. Quincy Roche doing good too. 

 

OL winning in the run game it seems.

 

Nasirildeen looks great with his size and length. He's like... Darius Leonard size playing safety/nickel. Real easy movement. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, stitches said:

Nasirildeen looks great with his size and length. He's like... Darius Leonard size playing safety/nickel. Real easy movement. 

Nasirildeen is this year’s Jeremy Chinn. Chinn is a guy I really liked last year too. I think Willis has played well but I’d love to have a Swiss Army knife like Nasirildeen. I mocked him to us last year before he opted to return to school.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

He is going to be a Panther at No.8

Rumor is now that the Panthers are going to aggressive pursue Deshaun Watson. Would likely give up their 8th pick this year as well as next year’s 1st and a player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Rumor is now that the Panthers are going to aggressive pursue Deshaun Watson. Would likely give up their 8th pick this year as well as next year’s 1st and a player. 

 

Let the "Watson Hunger" games begin. :) 

 

Get as many picks as you can, Houston, duh, "Elementary Watson". :) 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Rumor is now that the Panthers are going to aggressive pursue Deshaun Watson. Would likely give up their 8th pick this year as well as next year’s 1st and a player. 

I wonder who the player would be

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I wonder who the player would be

Houston has needs everywhere and we’re also not sure how the scheme will change with the new coach. Could be anyone.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stitches said:

You guys know I'm not Mac Jones' biggest fan but... damn he continues to do really well at the Senior Bowl. He seems a clear tier above every other QB there. Accuracy, ball placement, anticipation... very very good... 

And a lot of you laughed originally when I mocked him to be drafted second QB off the board.  Really hoping he falls to us but not buying it.  Jones continues to impress and is proving to be a classic pocket passer with accuracy.  He should have a lot better NFL career than most of the other first round QB considered imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

And a lot of you laughed originally when I mocked him to be drafted second QB off the board.  Really hoping he falls to us but not buying it.  Jones continues to impress and is proving to be a classic pocket passer with accuracy.  He should have a lot better NFL career than most of the other first round QB considered imo.

His biggest knock is not being mobile but as a pure pocket passer he could be excellent especially in the right system 

 

Colts would be perfect for Jones

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

And a lot of you laughed originally when I mocked him to be drafted second QB off the board.  Really hoping he falls to us but not buying it.  Jones continues to impress and is proving to be a classic pocket passer with accuracy.  He should have a lot better NFL career than most of the other first round QB considered imo.

BTW I view him currently as late 1st to early 2nd but he could jump to mid 1st. Patriots had talked to him today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

And a lot of you laughed originally when I mocked him to be drafted second QB off the board.  Really hoping he falls to us but not buying it.  Jones continues to impress and is proving to be a classic pocket passer with accuracy.  He should have a lot better NFL career than most of the other first round QB considered imo.

I have already said this guy will not make it past #15. He will get drafted by the Patriots. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2020 at 4:06 PM, Defjamz26 said:

If I’m not mistaken all of our TEs on the roster are FAs next season as well. I feel like it’s something that can be addressed later in the draft though. 4th round or later. This offense doesn’t need an elite TE to flourish.

 

Call me crazy but I liked Tell at CB better than Rock last season. I thought he played better in coverage but probably wasn’t as good a tackler. It’ll be interesting to see where he’s at in his development after sitting out a season.

rock so far has been a weak spot

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

rock so far has been a weak spot

All the more reason to trade him. I mean they have Terell Basham, Pierre Desir, Nate Hairston, Quincy Wilson, and Henry Anderson on their squad. They love Colts players for whatever reason. Throw them another one lol. If TJ Carrie is better than Rock than it isn’t that hard to find upgrades.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

If he falls to 21 and Colts need QB still its a no brainer 

Idk if he fits what the staff likes in terms of arm strength. Every QB they’ve brought in has had a big arm. Rivers, Eason, and Brissett. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

All the more reason to trade him. I mean they have Terell Basham, Pierre Desir, Nate Hairston, Quincy Wilson, and Henry Anderson on their squad. They love Colts players for whatever reason. Throw them another one lol. If TJ Carrie is better than Rock than it isn’t that hard to find upgrades.

For whatever reason?

 

Here’s the reason...   Rex Hogan used to be with Ballard and Dodds, and he’s been in the Jets front office for a few years now.  Your mystery is solved. 
 

As for Rock...   he was good in the second half of his rookie season.   Since he’s done it before, there’s no reason to think he can’t do it again.    Giving up on young players too soon us what fans do.   It’s not what smart GM’s do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Idk if he fits what the staff likes in terms of arm strength. Every QB they’ve brought in has had a big arm. Rivers, Eason, and Brissett. 

Rivers has a big arm?

 

Does Rivers know that?

 

You never saw all the comments about Rivers and his noodle arm?   You didn’t see posters saying Brissett should’ve thrown the last pass of the Buffalo game because Rivers’ pass came down well short of the end zone?   You saw none of that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

If it is just one first round pick, it would be CMC. The Panthers are not that dumb. 

maybe it's Luke Kuechly and the Texans' front office doesn't realize yet that he retired

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, stitches said:

Taylor looks impressive. His arms are 31" so a bit shorter than what Ballard seems to like... I wonder how high he will go. Maybe we make exception... 

Just watched Oregon State vs Washington game and on tape really not impressed with Taylor.  Just isn't a thumper or someone who looks to create turnovers.  Looks quite pedestrian to me at times.  Clearly much better in pass coverage but not much else.  

 

Chose to chop tackle WR rather than 1-on-1 with RB allowed an easy TD 9:31 2Q.  In 2Q at 1:49 blew open field tackle grabbing player's towel but did drag down ball carrier.  Pause again 3Q 2:33 instead of rushing to meet the RB at the LOS and mis-dives but still manages to get a hand to trip up the RB for a tackle.

 

At this point say an easy failing grade from me and off my draft board.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • w87r changed the title to Colts 2021 Draft Watchlists and Team Fits/ Senior Bowl Week (Merge)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...