Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Raiders, December 13, 2020, 4:05 EST

NFLfan

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is a 50/50 call but I have a bad feeling that Carr drives them down and puts them up 21-20. If we stop them then yes the FG was the right decision because if we kick another FG we go up 9.

I think it was the right call to go for the field goal no doubt.  You take the points at the end of the first half.   Keep the momentum.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If Pagano survived 5 years, so will Reich. Irsay is a patient guy. Too patient for own good sometimes.

Now it's the owners fault...  :facepalm:

I hope you realize and appreciate how incredibly patient this community has been putting up with your excessive hot-takes over the years...  :hat:

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Then why is Pagano one of the winningest coaches in Colts history?

BeCaUsE aNdReW lUcK... right?

But if you're gonna credit Luck with the success, then you have to credit Grigson with drafting Luck... You see how this works?  Your argument is cyclically bad.  It's a team game, you win as an organization and you lose as an organization.

This is what you do Jared, you find fault, and you have to place the fault at someones feet.  So you go with the scapegoats: the GM (who you've bashed in the past), the HC (who you continue to bash), the QB (who you've bashed in the past), and whoever else is an easy target for your ire.

Any coach with credibility could of done what Pagano did for us. That's how great Luck was in his young days. Grigson did draft Luck, but even every member of this forum would of done that. He was the worst GM in Colts history and it's not close. 

We've had two HCs and two GMs since 2012. Three are terrible and one is probably a future HOFer. As you can see by two of them, they ruined an elite young QB before getting fired. Now we have an improvement with a possible HOF GM and an equally bad coach. So make of that what you want.

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I hope you realize and appreciate how incredibly patient this community has been putting up with your excessive hot-takes over the years...  :hat:

what are you gonna kick him out?  stop being a bully ,  its a forum people can say their opinion .   go after his position not him personally . 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Any coach with credibility could of done what Pagano did for us. That's how great Luck was in his young days. Grigson did draft Luck, but even every member of this forum would of done that. He was the worst GM in Colts history and it's not close. 

We've had two HCs and two GMs since 2012. Three are terrible and one is probably a future HOFer. As you can see by two of them, they ruined an elite young QB before getting fired. Now we have an improvement with a possible HOF GM and an equally bad coach. So make of that what you want.

Sorry Jared. Your narrative of Frank being a bad head coach is a steaming pile of horse dung. :hat:

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

rivers had the same problems last year wenz is having this year....... tons of picks and throwing into double coverage , yet frank turned him around .   wentz was a mvp candidate under frank.........

21 hours ago, w87r said:

Going to do a breakdown here of potential options this offseason.

Going off projected cap space of $67m fpr 2021 and only having 38 players under contract.

Obviously 1st option is Rivers, he could re-sign hopefully for lower than his $25m 2020 cap hit. Even if he agrees to $20m cap space is still tight.

Next option would be to roll with Eason, which would allow the team to retain depth and potentially add a couple pieces.

Next best option, imo, financially. Is Sam Darnold as he would only count $4.7m against 2021 cap allowing team to retain depth amd maybe add a couple pieces.

Other option would be to pick up another QB in the draft, or cheap veteran FA, which would allow us to retain depth and add additional pieces.

Other options:(that could make sense if the plan is to pay Rivers $20-$25, but he retires)

Matt Ryan:

2021 cap hit - $25m

2022 cap hit - $26m

2023 cap hit - $30m

Matt Stafford:

2021 cap hit - $20m

2022 cap hit - $23m

Aaron Rodgers:

2021 cap hit - $22m

2022 cap hit - $25.5m

2023 cap hit - $25.5m

Who knows if any of these guys would be available, but they could be available for cap or other reasons.

Guy that doesn't make sense and would cripple the team depth and any potential to bring in some additional depth:

Carson Wentz:

2021 cap hit - $31.4m

2022 cap hit - $28m

2023 cap hit - $33m

2024 cap hit - $32m

Again, I've seen Wentz name brought up to much. If we brought him in, we would have $36m to fill out rest of the roster(14 players to top 53, 10-16 PS players depending on rules next year and in season cap space $5-$10m). Crippling the teams ability to retain depth and add any additional help. Bringing in Wentz is the worst move the team could make this off-season and I would be greatly disappointed if it were to happen. No Colts fan should be routing for this scenario, imo. I suppose we could restructure his deal after a trade saving around $9m next year, but at no point does it make sense as it would just hurt the cap space in the future(2022 and beyond)where we have to extend quite a few other key players.(Nelson, Leonard, Smith).

Thanks @w87r

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

There is allot of things a coach has to do and Reich does most of them well.  Colts should keep him for sure.  

2 things I think he needs to improve:

Obvious - He tries to get too cute too often.  Play calling at times is iffy, but not horrible by any means.  

I suspect but an not sure about - I don't think he is tough enough on his coaches.  Does he rag on them when their squads are doing poorly.  

Just now, coming on strong said:

what are you gonna kick him out?  stop being a bully ,  its a forum people can say their opinion .   go after his position not him personally . 

I didn't say anything about "kicking him out".  Jared has been accepted in this community.  I just know how he is.  And I'm not "going after" him personally.  I've had personal conversations with Jared and have nothing against him as a person.  I like him.

I am specifically "going after" his hot-take opinions that change from week to week and can get extremely emotionally over-reactive.

If things don't go exactly as Jared wants them to, he has to blame someone.  It's annoying to those of us that try to talk Colts football without all the emotional over-reaction.