Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Raiders, December 13, 2020, 4:05 EST

NFLfan

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Leonard, Nelson, and Buckner are great. However, they are all here because of Ballard. Conversely, all the bad play on the field is because of Reich. We may not have the overall best team in the NFL, but they are playing below their level because of one problem, one man. It all trickles down to Reich. Ballard is the guy who has made us a great team, while Reich is the guy who keeps us below what we could be. 

With that thinking, isn't Reich here because of Ballard?

1 minute ago, Myles said:

With that thinking, isn't Reich here because of Ballard?

Yes, but I give some leeway to Ballard here as Reich was his 3rd choice. He didn't get McDaniels, and I forgot who his 2nd choice was. Ballard's hands were tied after McDaniels left us in the dust to stay in NE. Reich was a bargain bin coach and has proven why.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Leonard, Nelson, and Buckner are great. However, they are all here because of Ballard. Conversely, all the bad play on the field is because of Reich. We may not have the overall best team in the NFL, but they are playing below their level because of one problem, one man. It all trickles down to Reich. Ballard is the guy who has made us a great team, while Reich is the guy who keeps us below what we could be. 

Your argument is completely flawed.  Ballard doesn't call the plays, and Reich doesn't draft the players, so you can't credit Reich with the quality of players, and you can't bash Ballard for the quality of play-calls.

You understand this, yes?

By your logic, even though Grigson was a bad GM for not providing Pagano great talent, then Pagano was a great coach because he still had a winning record with inferior talent... you see how flawed this argument is, right?!?

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yes, but I give some leeway to Ballard here as Reich was his 3rd choice. He didn't get McDaniels, and I forgot who his 2nd choice was. Ballard's hands were tied after McDaniels left us in the dust to stay in NE. Reich was a bargain bin coach and has proven why.

Why’s he still here?

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Give it a rest already. Jesus Christ, just watch the game and then whine about Reich. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Your argument is completely flawed.  Ballard doesn't call the plays, and Reich doesn't draft the players, so you can't credit Reich with the quality of players, and you can't bash Ballard for the quality of play-calls.

You understand this, yes?

By your logic, even though Grigson was a bad GM for not providing Pagano great talent, then Pagano was a great coach because he still had a winning record with inferior talent... you see how flawed this argument is, right?!?

Ballard is giving Reich a great team to play with and Reich is playing them below their means. Without Luck, he is a below average coach. 

Grigson gave Pagano bad talent yes, and that was part of the reason Pagano was a bad coach. However, the other part wasn't player related. It was because he was really conservative, non-creative, didn't know schemes very well, and never really understood what was going on as a coach.