Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Door is closed

csmopar

20 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Yeah, you’re right.... it would have to be orchestrated simultaneous to him coming out of retirement.

I’d still prefer this over his return to the Colts though.... I just think a fresh start is best at this point if he ever wants to play again.

I agree.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Were you concerned that the Chargers drafted Herbert? Many scouts and people in college football thought he was a similar person to Luck -- highly intelligent, had many interests outside of football, etc. Some thought that Luck's sudden retirement after 7 or so years would affect Herbert's draft stock. Enough time passed that by Draft Day, no one was comparing him to Luck anymore. 

I wasn't concerned when the Chargers drafted Justin Herbert, I was relieved that the Dolphins had selected Tua Tagovailoa 1 pick prior, preventing the Chargers from drafting him because as hurt as he often was in college, I predict a brief, injury riddled pro career for Tua.

I was also glad that the Bolts ended up with Justin, who I considered the best QB available at the time because Joe Burrow was obviously going #1, and the Chargers were never gonna get a chance to pick him and between Tagovailoa and Herbert, I considered the latter as the better pro and despite their respective teams' records, I still do.

1 hour ago, IndySouthsider said:

No it was only for two years per his contract apparently per the article.

I believe Luck’s CONTRACT had two more years.

BUT.....

His RIGHTS belong to the Colts forever.   They own his rights.   So if Luck wanted to come back, but he wanted to play in the Bay Area, SF would have to acquire his rights from the Colts. 

If I’m wrong, I’m sure someone will correct me.  

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I believe Luck’s CONTRACT had two more years.

BUT.....

His RIGHTS belong to the Colts forever.   They own his rights.   So if Luck wanted to come back, but he wanted to play in the Bay Area, SF would have to acquire his rights from the Colts. 

If I’m wrong, I’m sure someone will correct me.  

Probably correct. The article is written very poorly,

On 12/12/2020 at 8:11 PM, danlhart87 said:

He made a decision for himself and his family. I respect him for it! Most people frown upon what Luck did but football is just a game. 

His family and life are far more important!

I don't have a problem with the decision.  I have a problem with the timing of the decision.  I don't see how anyone can have a shred of respect for how Andrew Luck handled that situation.  If some non golden boy like Cam Newton did the exact same thing, he'd be getting crucified.  Yet somehow it's all good that Andrew Luck did it.

On 12/13/2020 at 7:51 PM, coming on strong said:

the nfl didnt need luck , new stars came after him and will always come

I would argue that the NFL is built on stars, particularly star QB's.  He was the "best QB prospect since Elway", or at the very least since Manning.  Lots of hype surrounding him.  It also helps the draft, which has become it's own entity now.  

Luck?  He went to Stanford.  His dad was head of different football leagues.  He could get any number of jobs.  

Archived