Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFC Playoff Picture Records/Schedules/Discussion *Updated*

w87r

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, w87r said:

Think the tank is in for Philly.

Bench Hurts so they dont lose draft position.

they should lose their draft pick for this I've never seen something so blatant league needs to make an example out of them so this doesn't happen again. 

6 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

they should lose their draft pick for this I've never seen something so blatant league needs to make an example out of them so this doesn't happen again. 

Feel bad for the Giants.

Would give you a like, but Im out.

4 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Honestly, if I were the owner and not privy to the rationale over this, given the year the Eagles had, I’d fire the HC for this. 

To be honest, I was thinking Daniel Snyder calles up Jeff Lourie(Sp?) and send him over some money to call down and tank it.

I doubt that is the case but I did think about it.

Eagles could only lose draft position, but that was absolutely pathetic.

Firing Peterson might just happen, maybe could salvage their Wentz situation?

7 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Brady gonna do something he has YET to do again in his glorious career.... Get the 3 game sweep! 

Let's go NO!

What’s the 3 game sweep you’re talking about? He has beaten division rivals 3 times in a row whenever he has met them in the playoffs. No one has beaten Brady 3 times in any season including playoffs, they have beaten him twice. Ravens and Broncos and Colts have done it but never 3 times by being in same division.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

What’s the 3 game sweep you’re talking about? He has beaten division rivals 3 times in a row whenever he has met them in the playoffs. No one has beaten Brady 3 times in any season including playoffs, they have beaten him twice. Ravens and Broncos and Colts have done it but never 3 times by being in same division.

Sorry I wasn't very clear.. he's going to be beat by the same team 3 times!

3 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Sorry I wasn't very clear.. he's going to be beat by the same team 3 times!

It’s hard to beat a team 3 times, we’ll see. Bucs D better play lights out, otherwise I can see Brady coming up short in a shootout like 24-34 or something like that.

42 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It’s hard to beat a team 3 times, we’ll see. Bucs D better play lights out, otherwise I can see Brady coming up short in a shootout like 24-34 or something like that.

Yeah. I agree. Tampa is much more in synch now than week 9. I am expecting a shoot out.

11 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

No way the Buccaneers lose a third time to the Saints

It is possible. 32 times, 2 teams have played each other 3 times including the playoffs, and 20 times a team it has been 3-0 in favor of the team that went 2-0 against them, that is what they said on CBS after the game.

The most recent one I can think of is 2008 Steelers vs Ravens in AFCCG and 2009 Cowboys over Eagles in the wild card round. 

Oh, the latest one I forgot about, 2017 playoffs when the Drew Brees led Saints beat Cam Newton led Panthers in the divisional round. 

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It is possible. 32 times, 2 teams have played each other 3 times including the playoffs, and 20 times a team it has been 3-0 in favor of the team that went 2-0 against them, that is what they said on CBS after the game.

The most recent one I can think of is 2008 Steelers vs Ravens in AFCCG. 

I can’t see it with Brady and the Buccaneers. That team is way more explosive than the Saints. Both of the Saints wins came when the Buccaneers didn’t have an offensive groove

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

I can’t see it with Brady and the Buccaneers. That team is way more explosive than the Saints. Both of the Saints wins came when the Buccaneers didn’t have an offensive groove

I think the Saints defense is under-rated. Evans best friend is lining up against him.

You have the bucs losing at all? I think (for some reason) they have a better shot against the Packers than the saints

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I did forget the latest one. When it is divisional rivals, they know everything about each other.

Saints beat the Panthers in 2017 playoffs in wild card round at home playing them 3 times and winning all 3 times.

20 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I did forget the latest one. When it is divisional rivals, they know everything about each other.

Saints beat the Panthers in 2017 playoffs in wild card round at home playing them 3 times and winning all 3 times.

That’s true. Big difference in the QB position though. Newton isn’t too good

21 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I think the Saints defense is under-rated. Evans best friend is lining up against him.

You have the bucs losing at all? I think (for some reason) they have a better shot against the Packers than the saints

I have Chiefs-Buccaneers SB

7 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

That’s true. Big difference in the QB position though. Newton isn’t too good

I have Chiefs-Buccaneers SB

True but outside that NFCCG where the PI was not called against the Rams, the Saints have not lost a home playoff game. Odds are a little bit in the Saints favor mainly because Lattimore plays Evans very well and he was not playing well earlier in the year.

Plus, unlike vs WFT, it is very very hard to run vs the Saints front and because of that, you get behind the down and distance vs the Saints defense. Then, it becomes an issue of playing the Saints pass rush more often and unlike other years when Gronk and Edelman are on the same page along with his RBs against blitzes, the level of understanding is not the same and the OL of the Bucs vs DL of the Saints is not the same level as the OL protection Brady enjoyed with the Patriots. That is going to be fundamentally the biggest difference that I feel might favor the Saints slightly, their DC Allen blitzing timely and Brady not being good vs the blitz like he was in other years mainly because of the OL level.

Scar, at NE, was a different level OL coach, and the more I see the Bucs OL, I have a greater appreciation of how much that mattered while Brady was at the Patriots.

19 minutes ago, chad72 said:

True but outside that NFCCG where the PI was not called against the Rams, the Saints have not lost a home playoff game.

Actually almost the same exact thing happened last year with OPI and mason Rudolph. 

But I agree with the rest of your post. The saints IMO have the best roster in the NFL. wth has a very good DLine but the back end is awful. The saints don't have that issue with the DBs. Football team was right in that game with Hinikee? 

But it's okay bucs. Tom brady still have 10 more years to get it done.. while Brees, Ben, and rivers bow out.

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

True but outside that NFCCG where the PI was not called against the Rams, the Saints have not lost a home playoff game. Odds are a little bit in the Saints favor mainly because Lattimore plays Evans very well and he was not playing well earlier in the year.

Plus, unlike vs WFT, it is very very hard to run vs the Saints front and because of that, you get behind the down and distance vs the Saints defense. Then, it becomes an issue of playing the Saints pass rush more often and unlike other years when Gronk and Edelman are on the same page along with his RBs against blitzes, the level of understanding is not the same and the OL of the Bucs vs DL of the Saints is not the same level as the OL protection Brady enjoyed with the Patriots. That is going to be fundamentally the biggest difference that I feel might favor the Saints slightly, their DC Allen blitzing timely and Brady not being good vs the blitz like he was in other years mainly because of the OL level.

Scar, at NE, was a different level OL coach, and the more I see the Bucs OL, I have a greater appreciation of how much that mattered while Brady was at the Patriots.

They actually somehow lost last year at home to the Vikings lol. I agree with your overall point though. It’s tough to win at the Superdome. We’ll see come Sunday. My money is on the Buccaneers

55 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

They actually somehow lost last year at home to the Vikings lol. I agree with your overall point though. It’s tough to win at the Superdome. We’ll see come Sunday. My money is on the Buccaneers

Plus the fact that it’s Brees last year while Brady and his avocado shakes will be around another 5 years, lol :) 

Archived