Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anthony Castanzo practicing

chad72

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

and “help” is on the way but I have to say I am not excited about signing a lineman named Holden.  The Colts don’t need to encourage the refs to call it...

Ravens fans in the comments didn’t like him leaving so that encouraging.

23 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

and “help” is on the way but I have to say I am not excited about signing a lineman named Holden.  The Colts don’t need to encourage the refs to call it...

Holding offense. ..number67 Holdin. 2nd down... 

31 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Eh, I understand we've asked him to change his first name to Won't.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

I tend to trust the Ravens talent evaluation staff, so I'm assuming Holdin is probably better than either Clark or Green.

So where does Holden stack up to comparisons on Prince Tega Wanogho from the Eagles @EastStreet? Those of you who like the oline players @Coffeedrinker and @krunk maybe? Who has thoughts comparing these two? TIA

wow, already 7 teams for this Holden guy and he already was in our system a few years back for some period of time. Likely just a body then and no better than what back ups we currently have. Crud! 

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Nice to have Costanzo practicing again. Big for our O-Line, and chances of beating the Raiders Sunday if he plays.

On a side note: I wonder if Holden plays Holdem? haha 

Only in Texas.

On the Holden note: does he have to quarantine for 2 weeks before entering the building?

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Only in Texas.

On the Holden note: does he have to quarantine for 2 weeks before entering the building?

I'm not sure. I'm guessing no if he has no symptoms of the Virus. However, if he does, it might mean it's a sign that Constanzo will 100% play Sunday. Just a theory.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Holden was taken off the covid list I think by the ravens before this happened.  He might have to go through six days of testing first. Unless he has already been doing that.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he'll play Sunday. If not, then you can bet Constanzo will 100% play. Ballard isn't going to leave Green in as the starter with no backup.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he'll play Sunday. If not, then you can bet Constanzo will 100% play. Ballard isn't going to leave Green in as the starter with no backup.

I was right the ravens took him off the covid list yesterday. So that means he has had consecutive negative tests. So maybe he will be activated for Sunday.

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

I tend to trust the Ravens talent evaluation staff, so I'm assuming Holdin is probably better than either Clark or Green.

So....    If I follow you......

You trust a guy who is on an NFL practice squad here in week 14 over two players who have spent years in NFL 53-man rosters?!?

Oh-Kayyyyyyy!!         :peek:

58 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You trust a guy who is on an NFL practice squad here in week 14 over two players who have spent years in NFL 53-man rosters?!?

No, not trust the player.  I trust the Ravens.  But that was just off the cuff since I know nothing about Holdin.  I assumed that he was a recent Ravens draft pick and hadn't bounced around the league.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not to mention a guy the Colts let go of when they had one of those two guys.  I think this what we call wishful thinking.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

No, not trust the player.  I trust the Ravens.  But that was just off the cuff since I know nothing about Holdin.  I assumed that he was a recent Ravens draft pick and hadn't bounced around the league.

He’s not.  He actually spent some time with the Colts in 2018 which is why I assume they brought him back.  In theory he should at least know a little of the Colts system compared to someone else.  Again the best thing here for the Colts is AC to get healthy and Green and Holdin to never start.

6 hours ago, Jdubu said:

So where does Holden stack up to comparisons on Prince Tega Wanogho from the Eagles @EastStreet? Those of you who like the oline players @Coffeedrinker and @krunk maybe? Who has thoughts comparing these two? TIA

wow, already 7 teams for this Holden guy and he already was in our system a few years back for some period of time. Likely just a body then and no better than what back ups we currently have. Crud! 

After a very quick look at his history, yea, pretty much an emergency body. His PFF is very limited, but very meh. 

I don't think there's much of a comparison with PTW to be honest. PTW was one of the better OTs in the SEC, and on a team known for good OLs (IIRC, he was 1st or 2nd team). Holden is from Vandy, and without much fanfare. The frequent hops say a lot. 

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know. I think Jeff Saturday was cut by the Ravens and turned into a halfway decent center for us. There have been a few cases of teams making mistakes on players in the past. We can always hope he can help.

15 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

He’s not.  He actually spent some time with the Colts in 2018 which is why I assume they brought him back.  In theory he should at least know a little of the Colts system compared to someone else.  Again the best thing here for the Colts is AC to get healthy and Green and Holdin to never start.

I thought Green played fairly well in the first half.

Although the pass rush definitely got after Rivers in the second half

Archived