Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Now Wanted: Colts Mailbag Questions (Raiders, Week 14 Edition)

AWalkerColts

Just now, EastStreet said:

Trying again :D

Has Strausser tweaked the OL blocking schemes this year?

I'll address this here. Not trying to ignore you, but assistant coaches talk once a month during the season, and even then you don't get everyone. So it's tough to get a straight-up answer for you on this, and this is a technical-type question that I can't answer on my own without that sort of insight from the man himself.

1 minute ago, AWalkerColts said:

I'll address this here. Not trying to ignore you, but assistant coaches talk once a month during the season, and even then you don't get everyone. So it's tough to get a straight-up answer for you on this, and this is a technical-type question that I can't answer on my own without that sort of insight from the man himself.

Just keeping it on your mind :-) Andrew, for when you so get the opportunity. Appreciate everything you do!

Here's another that might require the assistants, but on the D side.... are we playing more rip/liz this season, and perhaps is that why we are seeing some coverage issues from the LB group?

One more question, and one that's not a tech type. On WRs in general, why isn't the depth chart, and unofficial weekly depth charts, more accurate? The stacks are strange, and it's pretty clear the past 5 weeks that Pittman is a starter (yet Johnson is still listed as starter). IIRC, Pittman has led all WRs in snaps the last 5 weeks. I know it's not a big deal, but seams they'd be a bit cleaner.

3 hours ago, AWalkerColts said:

Send 'em in below! Thanks as always.

Also, mods message here only stick to asking Mailbag questions something something something

Andrew....   small favor?

Ballard typically does team updates at the quarter points of the season.   At 8-4, I  thought he might talk with you today.   Do you expect he’ll talk tomorrow or later this week?

Thanks in advance. 

I know there was discussion of the Covid requirements for bringing in new players from outside the current reserves, with regard to finding help at tackle this week. There has also been mention at different points this season of O'Donnell already being on the practice squad as possible help. It's him I'm interested in here. From whatever you have discovered so far this year, how realistic an option is O'Donnell to provide them any playing time this year? Or is mentioning him from time to time just a matter of "covering all the bases" at the position? Thanks.

On 12/9/2020 at 12:40 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Andrew....   small favor?

Ballard typically does team updates at the quarter points of the season.   At 8-4, I  thought he might talk with you today.   Do you expect he’ll talk tomorrow or later this week?

Thanks in advance. 

I'll just answer this one here: obviously Chris was unable to do his quarterly update this week, but we’ll see if we can get him on soon. Stay tuned.

Archived