Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qb for next year/QB class of 2021 (merge)

46 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If they don’t even have to give up that 12 that is crazy. Maybe he wants to go there so they will take this. 

Ballard should be able to beat that easily with our 1st and a few other picks.  Maybe the Lions want a number of picks vs. quality of picks?  Regardless I find it hard to believe that Ballard will let that offer beat him.  

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love how good people are at reaching conclusions, based on absolutely no information at all.    First, we were definitely getting Stafford. Now, we're definitely not. (And we will definite

Stafford was always my #1 choice among veteran options. (He was my preferred choice last offseason, someone posted a poll and I picked him.)   I'M ALL IN ON STAFFORD YALL.

Posted Images

Analysis of Wentz' contract if traded before March 19.  Looks like $23.7 mill for 2 years basically, then the acquiring team can cut him with no future cap hit.

An acquiring team would have Wentz under contract for $98.4 million over four years averaging $24.6 million per year. That would be pretty cost effective provided Wentz could resurrect his career. It would really only be a two-year commitment for $47.4 million because of the guarantees. After 2022, the acquiring team could exit the deal without any dead money or residual cap charges.

25 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Ballard should be able to beat that easily with our 1st and a few other picks.  Maybe the Lions want a number of picks vs. quality of picks?  Regardless I find it hard to believe that Ballard will let that offer beat him.  

Im sure its more of the fact the Lions are going to send his team of preference. If SF is it, it sounds like they are accommodating him?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 07dleigh said:

Has anyone mentioned Jared Goff possibly? I'd welcome that. 

I honestly feel like we're one of those rare cases where the team is built in a way where we don't need elite QB play to make it to the SB (which is encouraging). We only need above-average with willingness and arm strength to throw downfield, imo. Our run game is respected enough to make those PA shots high percentage. Jacoby lacked the willingness, Phil lacked the strength. I think any of these guys we're mentioning will put us over, honestly.

I did in a different thread.  I don't know what his contract would be like though.

16 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Analysis of Wentz' contract if traded before March 19.  Looks like $23.7 mill for 2 years basically, then the acquiring team can cut him with no future cap hit.

An acquiring team would have Wentz under contract for $98.4 million over four years averaging $24.6 million per year. That would be pretty cost effective provided Wentz could resurrect his career. It would really only be a two-year commitment for $47.4 million because of the guarantees. After 2022, the acquiring team could exit the deal without any dead money or residual cap charges.

I just read this story on Sirriani comments on Wentz. Interesting that he did not commit to Wentz. Went on and on how they have two QB. Are they really going to have a QB competition or dump one of them. 

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/platform/amp/2021/1/28/22255556/nick-sirianni-carson-wentz-jalen-hurts-eagles-quarterback-situation-battle-head-coach-call-plays-qb

14 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

There may be other factors.   Stafford could have a preference.  While Indy is a good football situation at the time, Indianapolis is not a desirable destination for most people.   Especially when you have the money Matt has.   

The Lions GM (Holmes) and the 49rs GM (Lynch) may be friends enough to keep the 49er destination open.

11 hours ago, The Fish said:

Between the old OC being the coach in Philly now, and Franks connection with Wentz and Superman telling me my read on his game is off..

Yeah, that might happen if the Stafford thing does fall through. I hope it doesn't. 

The Eagles aren't going to trade Wentz this year, so don't worry about it.

• Like 2

If Stafford really is living already in so cal I can see why SF might be his preferred stop. Ballard most likely is going to have to move to another option and it won’t be as good as Stafford.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

I dunno where you live, but it's like 19 degrees outside right now. No!

Just five minutes...

(I live in SoCal. It's been 50 degrees for the last week, with some rain. Miserable... :) )

• Haha 1
Just now, Superman said:

Just five minutes...

(I live in SoCal. It's been 50 degrees for the last week, with some rain. Miserable... :) )

Maybe not go outside but take some time away from the phone or computer.

• Thanks 1

I would like to see Stafford in Indy and he has expressed his choice as the Colts being his #1 destination. So, hopefully this would be the case, but any given Sunday as they say, so a lot of speculation in the air right now.....But I sure would like to see Eason with his cannon arm flinging it out there.  

1 minute ago, Thunderbolt said:

I would like to see Stafford in Indy and he has expressed his choice as the Colts being his #1 destination. So, hopefully this would be the case, but any given Sunday as they say, so a lot of speculation in the air right now.....But I sure would like to see Eason with his cannon arm flinging it out there.  

Where did he express the Colts as his first choice?

21 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Interesting he didn’t commit to Wentz. Will Wentz be down for a QB competition or want to be traded.

I think they brought Sirriani in to restore Frank system and to also get Wentz on the right track. As he says in the interview Frank had him watching extensive film on Wentz since 2018. Then he makes the comment that he will be heavily involved with the QB position. Personally i think he will try to Turn Wentz around. Based on his comments at this time i dont think he sees Hurtz as anything but a back up. He was much more in depth about Wentz. However Wentz didnt play well so you just cant hand it over. Philly had a bad O line this year i believe. That wasnt the case the year they won the Superbowl. I think Nick will upgrade the OL and the talent around Wentz. I dont see a trade.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Where did he express the Colts as his first choice?

John Clayton mentioned it on JMV. I don’t believe it though. Let’s be real. SF has much better WR and offensive weapons.

21 minutes ago, Superman said:

The Eagles aren't going to trade Wentz this year, so don't worry about it.

Thank God Comedy GIF by CBC

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

John Clayton mentioned it on JMV. I don’t believe it though. Let’s be real. SF has much better WR and offensive weapons.

Its not the end of the world if Stafford doesn't come here 

14 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I dunno where you live, but it's like 19 degrees outside right now. No!

We have a snow storm coming with 8 inches of snow. I think I will stay inside. Lol

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We have a snow storm coming with 8 inches of snow. I think I will stay inside. Lol

Or you could go outside for a few minutes before it hits... just sayin. 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The snow is going to be very wet it will make a nice snowman!

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Superman said:

Or you could go outside for a few minutes before it hits... just sayin. 

Being disabled I don’t get out much. Don’t drive and use a walker. 

• Sad 4
10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

My Golden retriever loves the snow. She is going to have a blast.

That's your dog?

Goldens are the best (besides my two labs and border collie)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

well that stinks.

Think we will just sign Jimmy after he is released?

Yuck. We can’t match if that is true what SF is offering. DJ mentions here a lot of teams like the second and third round picks rather then ones.

What will it take to get up to two or three. Can’t we outbid teams that are higher then us in the draft. If Watson would go to Miami there is the third pick unavailable for trade.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

What will it take to get up to two or three. Can’t we outbid teams that are higher then us in the draft. If Watson would go to Miami there is the third pick unavailable for trade.

if Stafford goes to SF it increases chances of QB falling in draft