Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qb for next year/QB class of 2021 (merge)

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LT and Edge Rusher are the main 2 holes if we get Stafford. Having said that having a true #1 WR would be gigantic. I see TY at this stage in his career as a #2. Pittman could blossom into a #1??

If we get Stafford then we have a better chance of signing a true No.1 in FA.  Robinson, Godwin even Gollaway.  As long as they are not franchised of course. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love how good people are at reaching conclusions, based on absolutely no information at all.    First, we were definitely getting Stafford. Now, we're definitely not. (And we will definite

Stafford was always my #1 choice among veteran options. (He was my preferred choice last offseason, someone posted a poll and I picked him.)   I'M ALL IN ON STAFFORD YALL.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

TY might show more of himself with a guy that can throw deep. Pittman would get a lot of 50/50 balls.

TY isn't the speedster he was. And you have to call 1st read deep shots to get deep 50/50 balls. Not sure that's in Reich's DNA.

At least we'd have the option. 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

If we get Stafford then we have a better chance of signing a true No.1 in FA.  Robinson, Godwin even Gollaway.  As long as they are not franchised of course. 

Robinson would be the guy I would target. That would take a huge chunk out of our salary cap but it is about winning SB's right?

• Like 1

Lol. What number would Eason take.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Robinson would be the guy I would target. That would take a huge chunk out of our salary cap but it is about winning SB's right?

From what I understand the colts tried to get him in his first FA. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LT and Edge Rusher are the main 2 holes if we get Stafford. Having said that having a true #1 WR would be gigantic. I see TY at this stage in his career as a #2. Pittman could blossom into a #1??

I don't really want a possession X as a #1 WR unless he's a deep threat guy too. Not sure if Pittman is that type of guy. 

TY needs to move to slot. 

IMO, either Campbell needs to stay healthy while moving to Z and WR1, or we need to find another WR. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I don't really want a possession X as a #1 WR unless he's a deep threat guy too. Not sure if Pittman is that type of guy. 

TY needs to move to slot. 

IMO, either Campbell needs to stay healthy while moving to Z and WR1, or we need to find another WR. 

Yeah I posted above, we may need to get a guy like Robinson eventhough it would take a huge chunk out of our salary cap but with him we would could do some major damage.

I think Detroit would like to get Stafford out of NFC so I think/ hope we can make this happen.

If not and Watson gets traded to Jets, I imagine Houston would be selecting Fields at #2. So Jets could move Darnold here as backup option if we don't reel in Stafford.

I think we bring him(Stafford) in though. It's been written on the wall for a while, if Rivers wasn't going to be here and he has been most of the forums #1 option as well. We all get to be happy right?

Wonder how quick a deal might happen?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would be ok with that QB room as in Stafford and Eason as the backup. Stafford keeps #9.

If Stafford can give us four years it gives us time to see what Eason can do. He can develop. Then maybe you can just transfer right to him in a few years.

We are all going to be devastated if this doesn’t happen.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I posted above, we may need to get a guy like Robinson eventhough it would take a huge chunk out of our salary cap but with him we would could do some major damage.

we can't afford Robinson. We have too many high $ needs IMO to spend that on a WR. Unless we want to go back to great O, bad D. I guess it depends on how things unfold, but I just can't see us keeping TY and getting a big name WR. I could see us drafting one in the 2nd or 3rd though, or taking a medium guy in FA.

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

we can't afford Robinson. We have too many high $ needs IMO to spend that on a WR. Unless we want to go back to great O, bad D. I guess it depends on how things unfold, but I just can't see us keeping TY and getting a big name WR. I could see us drafting one in the 2nd or 3rd though, or taking a medium guy in FA.

We could afford him but would be strapped after that. All in, in 2021 is the way I see it.

• Like 1

Re Stafford, given the # of teams interested, #21 this year isn't gonna cut it.

Whomever signs him WILL end up having to over pay (draft capital).

Would guess it will take this year's 1st and 2nd. I have a hard time seeing Ballard

coughing that up.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Does anyone know when this deal could actually be made?

Tried finding a rule of when, since neither team is still playing.

I think I just saw the fifth day before the new year. I bet though whatever team will have a verball agreement before March.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, indykmj said:

Re Stafford, given the # of teams interested, #21 this year isn't gonna cut it.

Whomever signs him WILL end up having to over pay (draft capital).

Would guess it will take this year's 1st and 2nd. I have a hard time seeing Ballard

coughing that up.

If we land a LT in FA I do that.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think I just saw the fifth day before the new year. I bet though whatever team will have a verball agreement before March.

Detroit has to make the deal before thay day because they will be on the hook for $10m when roster bonus hits.

It is 1st day of new season. March 17th. Posted link above.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We could afford him but would be strapped after that. All in, in 2021 is the way I see it.

If we paid for him, we couldn't afford a lot of other things. His MV is around 20/year. That would leave us with only 40ish to cover QB, 2xDE, CB1, and LT. It would be ugly.

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

They could agree to terms, but it wouldn't be official until the start of the new league year.

Yup. Legal Tampering period starts the 15th. I'd guess though that whoever gets him will also be extending him immediately as part of the trade. That is unless he doesn't like were he goes. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope we trade for Stafford way before then otherwise I will be like this for 2 months schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

53 days and....

Think Give Up GIF by Boomerang Official

• Haha 1

if SF would be truly interested they’ve have a lot that could help them. They have better offensive weapons and a great defense when everyone is healthy. Plus they have a higher draft pick. I saw where he is living out in Cali right now.

Hmm

Go get him.  He's not perfect.  If he were, he wouldn't be available, but you can at least get what you had in Rivers, or better, for the next 4-5 years.  It's lower risk/more certain than the draft. 

You can compete with him.  

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

if SF would be truly interested they’ve have a lot that could help them. They have better offensive weapons and a great defense when everyone is healthy. Plus they have a higher draft pick. I saw where he is living out in Cali right now.

Hmm

If I were Stafford and Condon, I'd be having a party tonight. So many good things about getting out of Detroit.

Hope we get him. My dark horse destinations are DAL,, HOU, and ATL. If Watson doesn't go to Miami, add them into the mix. TB if Tom retires.