Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qb for next year/QB class of 2021 (merge)


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Watch Houston grab Stafford. Him, plus oodles of draft picks they'd get from Watson.... ugh... Then Jax with Lawrence and all their draft capital. And TN still tough.

 

Hope Ballard is already on the phone...

 

I wouldn't be shocked to see ATL do the same with Ryan, although I don't think it would be a good move for them.

Detroit won’t screw him like that. Probably indy, SF, and Denver. Denver is still rebuilding so that isn’t a great spot. Come on Ballard get it done. This gives us stability for the next few year. Might have to redo his contact to add a few dollars.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love how good people are at reaching conclusions, based on absolutely no information at all.    First, we were definitely getting Stafford. Now, we're definitely not. (And we will definite

Stafford was always my #1 choice among veteran options. (He was my preferred choice last offseason, someone posted a poll and I picked him.)   I'M ALL IN ON STAFFORD YALL.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Watch Houston grab Stafford. Him, plus oodles of draft picks they'd get from Watson.... ugh... Then Jax with Lawrence and all their draft capital. And TN still tough.

 

Hope Ballard is already on the phone...

 

I wouldn't be shocked to see ATL do the same with Ryan, although I don't think it would be a good move for them.

You don’t think Stafford won’t have any say on where he goes? Or is the highest bidder the winner?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Detroit won’t screw him like that. Probably indy, SF, and Denver. Denver is still rebuilding so that isn’t a great spot. Come on Ballard get it done. This gives us stability for the next few year. Might have to redo his contact to add a few dollars.

Houston isn't as bad as destination now. They're getting drug right now because of Watson. They'll have a new coach and GM. Heck, Eberflus could be there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Detroit won’t screw him like that. Probably indy, SF, and Denver. Denver is still rebuilding so that isn’t a great spot. Come on Ballard get it done. This gives us stability for the next few year. Might have to redo his contact to add a few dollars.

I'm sure Stafford has a say on where he goes.  He also has a clause in his contract.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We are even out of conference too.  Even if we have to overpay this is the player to do it for.  We could win multiple SB's with Stafford.  

This is a great point. That gives us maybe a edge. We also play 8 home games in a dome and another six in pretty good weather.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, adubb84 said:

You don’t think Stafford won’t have any say on where he goes? Or is the highest bidder the winner?

If Stafford doesn't have a NTC, he's pretty much at the mercy of Detroit's FO. I'm sure everyone wants each other to be happy, but the offers can't have a huge delta if there's no NTC.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I'm sure Stafford has a say on where he goes.  He also has a clause in his contract.  

Last I looked, the team had an out, but didn't see a NTC. Are you sure? Got a link?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Houston isn't as bad as destination now. They're getting drug right now because of Watson. They'll have a new coach and GM. Heck, Eberflus could be there.

Why would he leave one rebuild for another. He is going to have a say.  Isn’t he from Texas though.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We are even out of conference too.  Even if we have to overpay this is the player to do it for.  We could win multiple SB's with Stafford.  

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Houston isn't as bad as destination now. They're getting drug right now because of Watson. They'll have a new coach and GM. Heck, Eberflus could be there.

Houston's current reputation?  Watson is leaving for a reason.   My guess is he would love to play for QB Reich.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Last I looked, the team had an out, but didn't see a NTC. Are you sure? Got a link?

I can't remember where I read it but I did read it.  I'm sure it will resurface again.  He has a say.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Why would he leave one rebuild for another. He is going to have a say.  Isn’t he from Texas though.

Houston doesn't have to be a rebuild if they get Stafford. Stafford + 3 first round + 3 second round picks could rebuild them quickly if it was a rebuild.

 

He was born in Tampa, grew up early days in GA, then moved to Dallas and played at Highland Park. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Why?  he's only one year older than Luck.  I betcha Irsay is going crazy thinking about him playing for the Colts. 

I like Stafford, and he's one of my favs to come here, but not jumping to SB talk. Even if we solve for QB, we still have a lot of other things to solve for. And IMO, it's not like he's the perfect prospect. Good one though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason La Canfora

@JasonLaCanfora

·

27m

Can confirm Lions are committed to trading Matt Stafford. Retooling with young GM/HC and looking to build thru draft. There will be a robust market. Have heard for quite some time the Colts were waiting to see what happens in Detroit and prepared to pounce a la Buckner last year

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I will say as much as we love Ballard to not prepare for the QB and LT last season was pretty bad. He had a LT who was thinking about retirement and a 39 year old QB. How were neither of those positions better planned for in 2020.

 

As JSkinnz would say......

 

This is an Oh, Dear God moment.

 

The sky is not falling.    Take a deep breath.....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a feeling....

 

If this deal goes through I think a LOT of folks are going to thrilled to have him on the team followed by angst from many others when they find out what the Colts gave up to get him over here.

 

I’ll be happy either way :applause: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Stafford is the leading vote getter

 

 

Oh I know he’s winning the one from this off season. I’m talking about the one from last off season. I think Jordan love was leading it or something like that. I don’t know it was like a year ago. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I like Stafford, and he's one of my favs to come here, but not jumping to SB talk. Even if we solve for QB, we still have a lot of other things to solve for. And IMO, it's not like he's the perfect prospect. Good one though.

I said could.  And how could you not jump to SB talk if he comes here.  There will be smarter football people than me thinking and talking the same thing.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Houston's current reputation?  Watson is leaving for a reason.   My guess is he would love to play for QB Reich.

There's a new GM and will be a new coach. The org will be totally different in 21.

 

Watson is leaving because he didn't like the previous admin, and wanted to control hiring. Has nothing to do with what will be in place for the new QB. The FO and coaching staff will likely be all new.

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I can't remember where I read it but I did read it.  I'm sure it will resurface again.  He has a say.  

I just looked again. Read a few articles on his contract, and nothing about a NTC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I said could.  And how could you not jump to SB talk if he comes here.  There will be smarter football people than me thinking and talking the same thing.  

Talking heads will talk about anything. A brand new narrative every day.

 

Even if we get Stafford via trade, we still have holes at 2xDE, LT, CB1, WR1, and LT, which are all critical and high dollar positions. Way to early to say anything IMO even if we did land Stafford. It would be a very nice hole to plug though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:
13 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I can't remember where I read it but I did read it.  I'm sure it will resurface again.  He has a say.  

I just looked again. Read a few articles on his contract, and nothing about a NTC.

According to Sarah Barshop with ESPN, Stafford does not have a NTC in his contract.

 

Among quarterbacks, Watson, Patrick Mahomes, Drew Brees, Jimmy Garoppolo (but only in 2021), Russell Wilson and Tom Brady have no-trade inclusions built into their current contracts. Cardinals wide receivers DeAndre Hopkins and Larry Fitzgerald, who negotiated their own contracts in Arizona, also have no-trade clauses.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Superman said:

Stafford was always my #1 choice among veteran options. (He was my preferred choice last offseason, someone posted a poll and I picked him.)

 

I'M ALL IN ON STAFFORD YALL.

Me too, he is ours if Ballard makes it happen. I would be very happy with this :thmup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dogg63 said:

According to Sarah Barshop with ESPN, Stafford does not have a NTC in his contract.

 

Among quarterbacks, Watson, Patrick Mahomes, Drew Brees, Jimmy Garoppolo (but only in 2021), Russell Wilson and Tom Brady have no-trade inclusions built into their current contracts. Cardinals wide receivers DeAndre Hopkins and Larry Fitzgerald, who negotiated their own contracts in Arizona, also have no-trade clauses.

Thank you sir. That's what I thought.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EastStreet said:

Talking heads will talk about anything. A brand new narrative every day.

 

Even if we get Stafford via trade, we still have holes at 2xDE, LT, CB1, WR1, and LT, which are all critical and high dollar positions. Way to early to say anything IMO even if we did land Stafford. It would be a very nice hole to plug though.

 

Which is why it's nice that Stafford's contract is so affordable for an elite QB.

 

Had a $46m cap hit for Brissett and Rivers in 2020. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know what SF salary cap situation is.i could see Jimmy G being traded to NE.  I am going to assume Stafford contact gets redone and he gets a raise. Colts have room to make that happen. Next week should be wild with lots of rumors. 

 

I would have no problem giving them the 21st pick and next years number one pick. The question is will that be enough because they are going to want to move up to make sure they get a QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Talking heads will talk about anything. A brand new narrative every day.

 

Even if we get Stafford via trade, we still have holes at 2xDE, LT, CB1, WR1, and LT, which are all critical and high dollar positions. Way to early to say anything IMO even if we did land Stafford. It would be a very nice hole to plug though.

LT and Edge Rusher are the main 2 holes if we get Stafford. Having said that having a true #1 WR would be gigantic. I see TY at this stage in his career as a #2. Pittman could blossom into a #1??

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

TY might show more of himself with a guy that can throw deep. Pittman would get a lot of 50/50 balls.

If we bring TY back he can still play like a #2 IMO and still have great moments at times. Pittman should improve as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

 

Which is why it's nice that Stafford's contract is so affordable for an elite QB.

 

Had a $46m cap hit for Brissett and Rivers in 2020. 

We have 64M IIRC to cover all of that, which is why I think we try to bring several back on team friendly deals. 

 

I would not be surprised to see either Stafford or the receiving team (likely both) to potentially want an immediate extension with the trade depending on the draft capital used.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Thank you! I was very happy to get Wentz as I thought he was the best option available at that point once Stafford was traded for, and the price wasn't too bad. We may get off very easy with Wentz for another decade. I think we'll be in good shape!    Nice seeing you again! I appreciate the kind words!
    • Welcome back, Jared.   You’ve been missed.  And we’ve noticed your absence.   It’s nice to have you back.    I can only speak for myself, but I can’t imagine anyone not forgiving you for any offenses, real or otherwise.   We just want you happy in your life and able to enjoy the Colts! Hopefully there are many better days ahead both for you and your favorite team!      
    • I'm guessing most of you remember me well. I wasn't in a good place a few months ago before I stopped posting on the forum. I probably annoyed some people and made some enemies. For that, I'm sorry. I've had to get away from here for a while, and just spend some time evaluating my life. Been working on my people skills, living life to the fullest, getting comfortable finacially, and just getting right with myself mentally and emotionally.    I have spent a little time here and there looking at FA as it has happened. Same thing with the draft. I have a lot to learn in less than two weeks though. My main focus was improving myself though, and now I think I'm finally back on a stable level where I can communicate at a normal level with people again. I'm ready to have fun again. We have a possible new franchise QB with Carson Wentz, most of our team is still intact, and we have some new depth on the trenches with less than two weeks to go before the draft.   To the Mods, I apologize for my behavior the last couple months before I stopped posting. I wasn't in the right frame of mind at all. I needed some help. I even created another account to try and eliminate myself and just start over so the problem wouldn't exist and everyone would forget about me. I'm sorry for doing that too. I'm going to do my very best to be a great poster from now on, and I can't wait to start chatting with everyone again. No matter how well I got along with each and every one of you or not. All I ask is a 2nd chance.   Thanks for reading this, and I'll see you guys on the forums!   ~Jared
    • Please see my post in the NFL forum regarding this lol.
    • So someone   You know AND I KNOW who-it was Reported me.     YEP.   YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!   And so do I.  Apparently I don bide by this   nonsense!!!!   Ban mw if you want. But remember. i have email addresses !from my friends n this site !!!   .            It is seriously  ridiculous  To report someone on this site for stating the obvious and not kissing     I'm gonna get banned.  I dont care.      If you play to this nonsense you are a *                      
  • Members

    • ClaytonColt

      ClaytonColt 288

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MPStack

      MPStack 3,490

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 9,242

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • James

      James 376

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 3,784

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Wage

      Wage 2

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • #12.

      #12. 1,093

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • FalseStart

      FalseStart 227

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...