Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qb for next year/QB class of 2021 (merge)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love how good people are at reaching conclusions, based on absolutely no information at all.    First, we were definitely getting Stafford. Now, we're definitely not. (And we will definite

Stafford was always my #1 choice among veteran options. (He was my preferred choice last offseason, someone posted a poll and I picked him.)   I'M ALL IN ON STAFFORD YALL.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Colts Twitter is melting down at the possibility of Jacoby having to start again because it is the only option. It’s pretty funny.

Oh if we re-sign him to lets say 15-20 Mill to start, wait until you see the meltdowns in here Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

• Haha 1

I will say as much as we love Ballard to not prepare for the QB and LT last season was pretty bad. He had a LT who was thinking about retirement and a 39 year old QB. How were neither of those positions better planned for in 2020.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We can all look at everything in hindsight but in reality Rivers gave us a chance to win a SB. He is underrated in here by many who say we had no chance with him. That is just baffling considering we went 11-5 and played Buffalo even who is in the AFC Title Game. Rivers also won at KC in 2018 taking down Mahomes. I am about a winning culture, not tanking. I would just go all in and grab Stafford who is only 33 and would be at least as good as a 39 year Rivers IMO. I have already seen posts where some are saying we can't win a SB with Stafford either, I will say this, we definitely aren't with Eason, JB, or a rookie QB so what is the alternative? I think we can win a SB with Stafford as he is proven that he is good. He hasn't won because of the organization he has played for.

That’s the best hope right now. 

• Like 1
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh if we re-sign him to lets 15-20 Mill to start, wait until you see the meltdowns in here Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

I am realistic and realize that if we can’t get Stafford  it very well might happen. I don’t think it will be that much because he doesn’t have a market. I won’t be shocked if he signs for about 5 million before FA so they have Insurance. I just hope if it comes down to that it is a open completion with Eason/rookie.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Colts Twitter is melting down at the possibility of Jacoby having to start again because it is the only option. It’s pretty funny.

That move will save me $300. No way will I sign up for the Sunday Ticket if JB is the QB

• Haha 2

If Jacoby is the starter we might see Eason/rookie by week 3.  

To be fair though so much went wrong in 2019. If we know Eason/rookie is the future and they are backing him up I would probably be ok with it for a year.  

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I will say as much as we love Ballard to not prepare for the QB and LT last season was pretty bad. He had a LT who was thinking about retirement and a 39 year old QB. How were neither of those positions better planned for in 2020.

AC was supposed to under contract for another year. Rivers was really the only toss up relative to 2021.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If Jacoby is the starter we might see Eason/rookie by week 3.  

To be fair though so much went wrong in 2019. If we know Eason/rookie is the future and they are backing him up I would probably be ok with it for a year.  

Some of your takes.... 

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The plan was most likely to see if we could get Rivers that elusive ring, and concede that 2020 was going to be a weird year regardless of any plans. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

AC was supposed to under contract for another year. Rivers was really the only toss up relative to 2021.

Some of your takes.... 

He was already talking retirement. That should of been a clue to get someone ready. He didn’t even prepare the backup tackle spot well.

Looks like SF fans want Stafford also. Some guy who usually has bad rumors said SF and lions are already talking. His rumors are usually wrong though. 

I don’t want Brissett back. But if we run out of options and dalton or fitz is all we have a choice of. It’s bring Jacoby back. But that should only be the last option and in no way should he be handed the keys again. It should be a completion with the rookie or Eason. Which ever way we go. I am sure the colts feel that way too. If all other options of QB you believe can take you to the SB are exhausted I could see them going this.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

He was already talking retirement. That should of been a clue to get someone ready. He didn’t even prepare the backup tackle spot well.

He was talking retirement, then decided to sign up through 2021. The natural plan for a GM under those circumstances is to either draft a 2R or 3R tackle in the 21 draft and try to develop him in AC's last year, or wait till the 22 draft and go higher or in FA for a ready to play OT. We're now just accelerated into the 22 mode. The problem is, we've got to solve for QB, LT, CB, and 2xDE all at the same time. Not to mention TY and Pascal.

38 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I really dont understand why so many think you can simply "prepare" for the QB position. 

4 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I really dont understand why so many think you can simply "prepare" for the QB position. 

Not always easy, but if you draft a guy and want him to be ready for whatever next year, you start by at minimum garbage time and practice reps. Eason got neither.

5 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Yeah more on the LT position. I get the QB position is harder to do that with. I hate that we now have both needing filled.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

If he's that highly thought of, why would you think the Packers would trade him? AR is getting up there.

I don't think they will.    I was just pointing out I hadn't heard that he was bad

Just now, EastStreet said:

Not always easy, but if you draft a guy and want him to be ready for whatever next year, you start by at minimum garbage time and practice reps. Eason got neither.

This I agree with. We got stuck with Jacoby when those reps should of been used more to get Eason ready or see what he can do. Reich did say about half way through the season he was going to take more scout team reps. Not sure if that happened.

44 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I'm guessing the global pandemic may have played a role.   Just a hunch

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm guessing the global pandemic may have played a role.   Just a hunch

We had a lot of draft picks. I am more mad at LT then I am QB. The pandemic did hurt Eason a ton.

According to the Miami Herald's Armando Salguerlo Watson's preferred destination in a trade is the Jets because they hired Saleh as their coach whom he wanted the Texans to hire.  Second on his list are the Dolphins.  Per Rotoworld reports out of Houston say it's just a matter of time when he is traded.  Personally I hope Darnold is not part of the package.  He was my 2nd choice if we can't acquire Stafford.  It looks like if Ballard has any serious interest in either one of them he better be involved in negotiations right now.  An imminent Watson trade could change everything.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

SF has a higher draft pick to offer lions also. 

SF would be smarter IMO to just draft a QB. 

They have Williams (OT) to figure out, and he'll likely get 17ish/year. Cutting Jimmy G gets them 24M back. So that leaves them 17Mish, and that's not enough for Stafford without letting some others go too. They also need to solve for Thomas and Sherman is a FA too.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

According to the Miami Herald's Armando Salguerlo Watson's preferred destination in a trade is the Jets because they hired Saleh as their coach whom he wanted the Texans to hire.  Second on his list are the Dolphins.  Per Rotoworld reports out of Houston say it's just a matter of time when he is traded.  Personally I hope Darnold is not part of the package.  He was my 2nd choice if we can't acquire Stafford.  It looks like if Ballard has any serious interest in either one of them he better be involved in negotiations right now.  An imminent Watson trade could change everything.

I'd guess that Darnold would absolutely be part of the package if Houston wanted him. It's either that, or another 1st. If I were the Texans though, and got NYJ's #2, I'd roll the dice on Lance over Darnold. Or Wilson.... 

If I were Watson though, I wouldn't go to the Jets. I'd be trying to do everything possible to go to Miami.

The Jags have the most draft capital by far though, but I'd take Lawrence any day over Watson. They have hike 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. That team could look very very different next year. Thinking the Colts could easily be 4th in the AFCS next year really stinks.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, zibby43 said:

Stafford's contract is pretty darn affordable. 

It's just a matter of the trade package compensation.

Considering we paid more for Rivers last year, I’d say yea

5 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Stafford's contract is pretty darn affordable. 

It's just a matter of the trade package compensation.

We are even out of conference too.  Even if we have to overpay this is the player to do it for.  We could win multiple SB's with Stafford.  

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

Stafford was always my #1 choice among veteran options. (He was my preferred choice last offseason, someone posted a poll and I picked him.)

I'M ALL IN ON STAFFORD YALL.

Yeah I remember that poll. I remember reading through all the names and seeing Stafford listed and was like wait, he’s gonna get all the votes and was surprised to see he barely got any. 

7 minutes ago, life long said:

There definitely will be several suitors. Its not a given he goes to the Colts. 

If Im the colts I'd get him unless they feel eason or a rookie  would be better. 

• Haha 1

Watch Houston grab Stafford. Him, plus oodles of draft picks they'd get from Watson.... ugh... Then Jax with Lawrence and all their draft capital. And TN still tough.

Hope Ballard is already on the phone...

I wouldn't be shocked to see ATL do the same with Ryan, although I don't think it would be a good move for them.

9 minutes ago, HoosierHero said:

Yeah I remember that poll. I remember reading through all the names and seeing Stafford listed and was like wait, he’s gonna get all the votes and was surprised to see he barely got any. 

Stafford is the leading vote getter