Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qb for next year/QB class of 2021 (merge)


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If you can give, AND maintain a top 10 OL and RBs for his career, and at least top 10 pass catchers to start, I'd like his chances.

That's a tall ask given the built in deficiencies that won't go away.

Lucky for us Colts have Ballard who has done a great job building this team

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love how good people are at reaching conclusions, based on absolutely no information at all.    First, we were definitely getting Stafford. Now, we're definitely not. (And we will definite

Stafford was always my #1 choice among veteran options. (He was my preferred choice last offseason, someone posted a poll and I picked him.)   I'M ALL IN ON STAFFORD YALL.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Eli and Peyton were next level "read" and anticipate guys. Peyton had the better gun, but Eli was right there with the head. Peyton had more slinger to him too. Putting Jones in that company is a bit...... 

 

I didn't say he read defenses like that. I was referring to his game and arm talent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If you can give, AND maintain a top 10 OL and RBs for his career, and at least top 10 pass catchers to start, I'd like his chances.

That's a tall ask given the built in deficiencies that won't go away.

Lucky for us Colts have Ballard who has done a great job building this team

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

 

I didn't say he read defenses like that. I was referring to his game and arm talent.

Eli had better arm talent by a good amount. Jones had 10x the talent Eli had around him as far as "game" is concerned. 

Eli averaged 3000+ plus for 3 years at lowly Ole Miss. Jones had one terrific year with the best players and coaches in the universe. 

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Lucky for us Colts have Ballard who has done a great job building this team

sigh

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Eli had better arm talent by a good amount. Jones had 10x the talent Eli had around him as far as "game" is concerned. 

Eli averaged 3000+ plus for 3 years at lowly Ole Miss. Jones had one terrific year with the best players and coaches in the universe. 

 

You rather I compare him to Rivers. Same thing basically.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

You rather I compare him to Rivers. Same thing basically.

Rivers would be a better comp in terms of mobility and arm strength, but Rivers had next level read/anticipation back then, had bad talent around him at NCS, and averaged 3000+ for 4 years.

 

Not at all the same. Eli and Rivers might be OK comps to each other, but comparing Jones to either is a no go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hoose said:

Two things to keep in mind: 1) Houston isn’t trading Watson to any AFC team, let alone one in its division; and 2) Detroit won’t trade Stafford to a NFC team. So, IMO, this topic ought to focus on the possible, not the fantasy. Stafford could very easily be traded to the Colts for their #1 this year and a future pick. And it would be worth it, because right now the Colts are in QB purgatory, and Stafford is better than the alternatives. Eason may one day be the answer. But you CANNOT go into next season relying on either him, Jacoby or a rookie draft pick.  A move like this for Stafford  is now crucial given the retirement of Rivers. Look for it or something similar to happen. 

I wouldn't say trading for Stafford could happen "easily"  They aren't trading him unless they get someone they feel is a better option.   If they can't,   they won't trade him

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You guys should go watch Reece Fountains  instagram  stories. He has videos of some of the practices and the scrimmage they had LOS. Eason omg. 

Sweet. Can you describe it for those of us who don't instagram? :cheer:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Sweet. Can you describe it for those of us who don't instagram? :cheer:

Just a couple tight window  throws. Jacoby looked good too lol. Reece looks really good. Too bad he didn’t get more of a chance. The throws were all to fountain during drills.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just a couple tight window  throws. Jacoby looked good too lol. Reece looks really good. Too bad he didn’t get more of a chance. The throws were all to fountain during drills.

 

Thanks for adding that necessary detail. Tells me everything I need to know. 

I think Ballard's words still ring true...until we see Eason LIVE in action where it counts, it is hard to make judgment on him. Jacoby may have looked great in practices but we all know how all that shook out when the bullets started flying.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I think we should try and land Mariota he would be a cheap plug-in. We can save cap, develop Eason, and find another QB prospect in the mean time.

He would be a solid backup 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to believe Ballard will either trade a 3rd round pick for Stafford if he becomes available from the new regime in Detroit, or he will sign QB Andy Dalton to a 1-2 year deal, around 5 mil per season, as his bridge QB for Jacob Eason, if the front office and coaching staff believe in him, which I think they do. They may also bring back Brissett on a team friendly contract. Something like 2 years, 7 mil.

 

Then in the draft he will focus on the LT, CB, DE, and WR positions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my No list with our possibilities:

Wentz, Darnold, Winston, Dalton, Jacoby - if any of these guys start I would be surprised if we even make the playoffs. Wentz's contract is awful and too much to take. He looks like damage goods to me as well.

 

My Yes list with our possibilities:

Stafford, draft a QB at #21, Watson but Watson is a pipe dream so I have him listed 3rd. I would keep Eason as a backup if we do pick up a Vet. Stafford's contract is reasonable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Would anyone here be willing to trade Buckner and a 1st for Watson?  

Not going to happen, but if it's there you make this deal immediately!

Ten years of high level play at the most important position in sports. I am stunned that anyone would not make this deal.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lions are having their presser with their new coach. They are talking about retooling not rebuilding. Saying they aren’t as far away as people think. That sure sounds like they could keep Stafford. Let’s also not forget how hard Stafford throws the ball. If they keep him that could be another trade partner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The Lions are having their presser with their new coach. They are talking about retooling not rebuilding. Saying they aren’t as far away as people think. That sure sounds like they could keep Stafford. Let’s also not forget how hard Stafford throws the ball. If they keep him that could be another trade partner.

 

 

Same thing the new GM said. They have a QB, unless he actively wants to leave, I dont know why they'd let him go for a rookie QB who might never be anything close to what Stafford is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

 

 

Same thing the new GM said. They have a QB, unless he actively wants to leave, I dont know why they'd let him go for a rookie QB who might never be anything close to what Stafford is.

They are not going to show their hand. They may or may not want to keep Stafford. He would be their best option but sometimes when a new coach comes in, he ends up wanting to go in a different direction. Stafford looks to me like he needs a change of scenery. He keeps getting beat up year after year on that team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

He would be a solid backup 

I think he can be a winning starter. He was playing great before the injury, and that's the only reason Tannehill took over. He may not be elite but he could be pretty good with the right team. Best bang for your buck!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They are not going to show their hand. They may or may not want to keep Stafford. He would be their best option but sometimes when a new coach comes in, he ends up wanting to go in a different direction. Stafford looks to me like he needs a change of scenery. He keeps getting beat up year after year on that team.

For sure, I thought the same thing. However, this is the team's call right? Unless they have a rookie they're 100% sure about (no such thing), it'd be crazy to trade Stafford even for a king's ransom. Look at all the teams who have needs at that position. That's the one position Detroit's solid at.

Now, if they want to rebuild totally and are ready for a 2 win season then that's a different story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I thinks he can be a winning starter. He was playing great before the injury, and that's the only reason Tannehill took over. He may not be elite but he could be pretty good with the right team. Best bang for your buck!

I dont know his value but I'd give up a 2nd round for him. His salary is very affordable, and he played good stepping in for Carr and was playing great before his injury.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Colt.45 said:

For sure, I thought the same thing. However, this is the team's call right? Unless they have a rookie they're 100% sure about (no such thing), it'd be crazy to trade Stafford even for a king's ransom. Look at all the teams who have needs at that position. That's the one position Detroit's solid at.

Now, if they want to rebuild totally and are ready for a 2 win season then that's a different story.

Yeah it is tough to read as of now, they draft pretty high so a good prospect will be there for them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Here is the entire quote. This sounds like he could be gone. We aren’t going to know much until the draft. Them picking 7th they might not get the guy they want.

 

 

That is what I mean, it is hard to read, when one see's the entire quote. I am not convinced the Lions want him back, they may or may not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am just going by our best options, whether or not Stafford can win a SB here, the jury is still out. Most people thought Tannehill was average at best when he played for a stinky team in Miami. He goes to Tennessee with a great running game and goes to the AFC Championship in 1 year after winning nothing in Miami. Sometimes a change for a QB is the ultimate medicine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think Wentz or Stafford is going to be available.

 

 

 

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Here is the entire quote. This sounds like he could be gone. We aren’t going to know much until the draft. Them picking 7th they might not get the guy they want.

 

 

 

Talk about whiplash... Not everything is a clue to be decoded.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am just going by our best options, whether or not Stafford can win a SB here, the jury is still out. Most people thought Tannehill was average at best when he played for a stinky team in Miami. He goes to Tennessee with a great running game and goes to the AFC Championship in 1 year after winning nothing in Miami. Sometimes a change for a QB is the ultimate medicine.

 

Well, Philip Rivers went from a 5-11 Chargers team and flipped it to 11-5 with the Colts' OL and talent assembled, didn't he? :) 

 

We don't need to go beyond what just happened with our own team. :thmup:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Well, Philip Rivers went from a 5-11 Chargers team and flipped it to 11-5 with the Colts' OL and talent assembled, didn't he? :) 

 

We don't need to go beyond what just happened with our own team. :thmup:

Yep. Great proof right there. Our O.Line makes a huge difference and is where we are better than most teams. Rivers was rarely sacked and wasn't mobile at all. That is what makes this team appealing to play for by QB's. I know AC retired but we still have Nelson, Kelly, and Smith = very solid. Without AC at Buffalo I thought our Line played well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Here is the entire quote. This sounds like he could be gone. We aren’t going to know much until the draft. Them picking 7th they might not get the guy they want.

 

 

Holmes said the same thing in his presser about sitting down with Campbell.  To me this sounds like he is available.  He didn't come out and say he's our QB.  Now is the time for Stafford to start the ball rolling for a trade to the Colts.  And he has leverage.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

That was... different.
 

Campbell seems to think they’re pretty close to being ready to compete, I wouldn’t be surprised now if he doesn’t double down with Stafford and see what happens. I mean, that is the Detroit tradition...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Holmes said the same thing in his presser about sitting down with Campbell.  To me this sounds like he is available.  He didn't come out and say he's our QB.  Now is the time for Stafford to start the ball rolling for a trade to the Colts.  And he has leverage.  

 

Actually, Ballard should wait till the combine and see how things go, and that would be a good time to talk face to face with the Lions' GM and head coach. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Actually, Ballard should wait till the combine and see how things go, and that would be a good time to talk face to face with the Lions' GM and head coach. 

 

Just as long as he watches his kneecaps...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • With Jenkins and Nelson on the left side... no one...zing. Houston, Turay, maybe another FA
    • You're reaching here. NFL.com has always done tiers or buckets. NZ graded him the same as as a bunch of other guys at 6.2 which is "Good backup who could become starter".  Not 6.21, not 6.19... 6.2, the same as 30+ other guys.  You call them evaluators. They are talking heads. And as I mentioned, Ballard said he doesn't care what those guys think. It's his board. He missed, plain and simple.  He was cut because he had starter money. We picked him up on the rebound for cheap as a backup. Good signing for depth, but it's not genius.  At worst he would have been CB2. Again, not genius. It worked out. He was a past pro-bowler for goodness sakes. Good signing on the cheap, and worked out well for our zone. Nobody is saying everyone bats 1000. My only comment was he hasn't been good at CBs in the draft. You then proceeded to drive it off a cliff. 
    • I think there's a good chance Ballard will trade back, again, but doubt it would be for 2 OT's. And just want to say to everyone there are other positions on team besides LT & DE. And the other positions are also needs as well.  
    • @WarGhost21 @chad72 @Archer @Nickster @JoeThornburg @BProland85 @Defjamz26 @Qwiz @jvan1973 @PRnum1 @SaturdayAllDay @MPStack @JediXMan @stitches @ColtsGermany @luv_pony_express @danlhart87 @RNGDShobby   Guys - going to turn the 2nd team selection into first come first serve. We have 7 teams left.   @ColtsGermany @luv_pony_express - I auto assigned you a team that you had on your first round priority stack. If you don't want them, let me know and we'll put it back in the pool, or Chad or I will take.     1 @WarGhost21 Colts 2 @chad72 - jags 3 @Archer jets 4 @Nickster  - Patriots 5 @EastStreet - Dolphins 6 @JoeThornburg -  Pitt 7 @BProland85 - 49ers 8 @Defjamz26 - Eagles 9 @Qwiz - Houston  10 @jvan1973 - Falcons 11 @PRnum1 - Chargers 12 @SaturdayAllDay - Saints 13 @danlhart87 - Chiefs  14 @RNGDShobby - Lions 15 @MPStack - Panthers  16 @JediXMan - Ravens 17 @stitches - Bengals 18 @ColtsGermany - Broncos 19 @luv_pony_express - Cowboys 20. @DiogoSales - Giants 21. @Coltsman1788 - Washington 22 @diogosales - Packers 23 @luv_pony_express - Auto assigned Vikings (we'll take if you don't want) 24 @ColtsGermany - Auto assigned Bills (we'll take if you don't want) 25 @RNGDShobby - Browns 26 27 28 29 30 31 32     Teams remaining in order of draft capital Raiders Titans Bears Cardinals Bucs Rams Seahawks
  • Members

    • il vecchio

      il vecchio 117

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • wordofmouth

      wordofmouth 82

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • FalseStart

      FalseStart 226

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 9,787

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JediXMan

      JediXMan 529

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MPStack

      MPStack 3,489

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NFLfan

      NFLfan 8,471

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • dw49

      dw49 725

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 2,141

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfeva

      coltsfeva 1,173

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...