Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qb for next year/QB class of 2021 (merge)

stitches

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

I bet Cowboys could be an option to trade up

I think if they like Wilson or Lance they are going to have to get to two or three to make sure they get there guy. That’s where trading up twice comes in. A team probably won’t trade 2 or 3 to go clear down to 21. But if you trade twice that could happen. Dolphins want pics so that is a realistic spot. They said they are sticking with TUA. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I think if they like Wilson or Lance they are going to have to get to two or three to make sure they get there guy. That’s where trading up twice comes in. A team probably won’t trade 2 or 3 to go clear down to 21. But if you trade twice that could happen. Dolphins want pics so that is a realistic spot. They said they are sticking with TUA. 

10 is about as high as I am willing to trade up. This team has way too many possible weaknesses to just be throwing so many picks away. 

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Nobody knew Mahomes was going to be that good or he would of went one.

This is a good video by cowherd. Something I didn’t even think of. It might require to trade up twice. Trade with a team say like the broncos at nine then a second trade up to the dolphins.

Yep, I've been saying this for a while. This is what the Bills did and what the Eagles did to get Wentz. They made a trade to the 8-12 range and then jumped once more to get the guy they wanted. If we want to get to top 3-5 IMO we will need to do that. 

I am not saying this is going to happen but an option some might be overlooking is Jordan Love in GB. He was drafted with the mindset of taking over Rodgers but Aaron has a good 3 to 5 years left and just had an MVP season.

I don't know his trade value since he hasn't been seen much but I won't rule out and it will definitely be an option if Packers win SB.

Thoughts?

BTW with BOTH of those the first trade up was done BEFORE the draft and included not picks, but players as the main pieces. 

Eagles traded Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso to go from 13 to 8 and the Bills traded from 21 to 12 by trading Cordy Glenn to the Bengals. For reference the Eagles trade was done on March 9th(6-7 weeks before the draft and the Bill trade was done on March 14(5-6 weeks before the draft)

So... here's a challenge. Construct a reasonable plausible trade up from 21 to... the 10-12 range by using some of our players. Who would you include in such a trade? I have a favorite here but I'm not sure people will like it. I'm not certain I love it either but... yeah. The players need to have some actual value though. You cannot say We just trade Banogu and jump from 21 to 12. 

So yeah... lets see what ideas people come up with... 

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I am not saying this is going to happen but an option some might be overlooking is Jordan Love in GB. He was drafted with the mindset of taking over Rodgers but Aaron has a good 3 to 5 years left and just had an MVP season.

I don't know his trade value since he hasn't been seen much but I won't rule out and it will definitely be an option if Packers win SB.

Thoughts?

I saw this suggested on Twitter. Rodgers is not showing any sign of slowing down. Do they really want for Love to sit another 3 to 5 years. Where we pick at 21 would be a good spot to give up for him. I just don’t think they liked him.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I saw this suggested on Twitter. Rodgers is not showing any sign of slowing down. Do they really want for Love to sit another 3 to 5 years. Where we pick at 21 would be a good spot to give up for him. I just don’t think they liked him.

Would he cost a 1 though?

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

BTW with BOTH of those the first trade up was done BEFORE the draft and included not picks, but players as the main pieces. 

Eagles traded Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso to go from 13 to 8 and the Bills traded from 21 to 12 by trading Cordy Glenn to the Bengals. 

So... here's a challenge. Construct a reasonable plausible trade up from 21 to... the 10-12 range by using some of our players. Who would you include in such a trade? I have a favorite here but I'm not sure people will like it. I'm not certain I love it either but... yeah. The players need to have some actual value though. You cannot say We just trade Banogu and jump from 21 to 12. 

Lets offer 21 and Banogu for 2 to Jets

They love our castaways :sarcasm:

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Eagles traded Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso to go from 13 to 8 and the Bills traded from 21 to 12 by trading Cordy Glenn to the Bengals. 

Isn’t trading players away before the draft kind of dangerous unless you already have another trade done with another team.

I don’t know who I would trade?

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Would he cost a 1 though?

Probably. He was only drafted a little farther down then that.

Apparently Dan Ovalosky is best friends with Stafford. He has been saying that Stafford needs to get out. He has also been tweeting Stafford should be the colts QB. He won’t come out and say Stafford wants to be traded but you can kind of put two and two together since they are very close. The guy from locked on lions says we will probably not hear he wants to be traded and it will be kept quiet.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The guy that does the locked on lions podcast thinks Stafford is going to ask for a trade. That is what he is hearing. But don’t rule out the saints for Stafford or Dallas.

Definitely going to rule out Saints. There isn't even a possibility they can make his $20m work.

Then if Dallas doesn't sign Dak where will he end up? Could very well be here.?

Dont think either of those teams make sense and 1 isn't happening(Saints)

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The guy that does the locked on lions podcast thinks Stafford is going to ask for a trade. That is what he is hearing. But don’t rule out the saints for Stafford or Dallas.

I think that Stafford will ask for a trade especially now that Phillip has retired earlier than expected.  Remember he also has a lot of say to where he goes.  The Lions just signed a rookie HC to a six year contract.  That smells REBUILD all over it.  Six years to get your new team in place.  I don't know how the Saints can afford Stafford and Jerry loves Dak and wants to show everybody how smart he was in drafting him.  Not to mention they are both in the same conference.  I think Stafford will now get the ball rolling with his agent to get him traded to the Colts.  We have the OL and the team that has the talent to win it all now.  This just makes too much sense just like Rivers coming here last year.  A win win for both teams.  You will never convince me that Ballard is going to turn this team over to a rookie QB.  I can't see it.  I think It's going to be another veteran and I think all roads lead to Detroit and Stafford.  

9 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Would anyone here be willing to trade Buckner and a 1st for Watson?  

Falcons should send Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and 2 1st rounders to Texans for Watson. If Dimitroff was there, he would do it with some restructuring in there. :) 

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think that Stafford will ask for a trade especially now that Phillip has retired earlier than expected.  Remember he also has a lot of say to where he goes.  The Lions just signed a rookie HC to a six year contract.  That smells REBUILD all over it.  Six years to get your new team in place.  I don't know how the Saints can afford Stafford and Jerry loves Dak and wants to show everybody how smart he was in drafting him.  Not to mention they are both in the same conference.  I think Stafford will now get the ball rolling with his agent to get him traded to the Colts.  We have the OL and the team that has the talent to win it all now.  This just makes too much sense just like Rivers coming here last year.  A win win for both teams.  You will never convince me that Ballard is going to turn this team over to a rookie QB.  I can't see it.  I think It's going to be another veteran and I think all roads lead to Detroit and Stafford.  

My hunch is that GM is going to ask for a 1st and a 3rd at least. If it is a future 3rd, I am OK with it.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

My hunch is that GM is going to ask for a 1st and a 3rd at least. If it is a future 3rd, I am OK with it.

Possibly.  I don't concern myself with the compensation.  Ballard knows how important the position is and he will pay what is necessary if he feels he is the missing piece.  

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

If that's the case then just trade like the next three firsts for Watson.... And pray HOU is dumb enough to do it....

4 hours ago, Nickster said:

Except we won't win anything for a couple of years.  By that time IMO, our group here will be disperesed.  We won't be able to pay the line, Leonard, etc.  We could conceivably retool over that time and be as strong, but I wouldn't bank on that.

If we are going rookie, I'd rather see us trade some real assets and go ahead and rebuild the thing.  Reset the thing.

I hope we get a good vet.  Who that is and how we can afford the draft capital, I am just clueless.

....But that's ok. At least we'll have more cap space... maybe use it to sign a guard or a safety. Lol.  haha.  :scratch:.  haha

:sarcasm:

Archived