Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qb for next year/QB class of 2021 (merge)

stitches

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jones has 394 Yards, 4 TD's, and no INT's, who is getting Smith the ball?

Smith though has been wide open all day, you don’t get wrs that open in the nfl. 

That’s my biggest thing against Jones, all his passes are to wide open receivers, and you he will never see a wr that open in the NFL. It’s what Tua has been struggling with the difference between open in the NFL and college. Also I don’t want a QB that has to have a top 5 offensive line because as soon as they get paid they are gonna lose that offense line. 

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Most of tds went to smith

All Smiths receiving TDs have came from Jones. :dunno:

We get it, you don't like Jones. It's like I said to each their own. Imo, he has proven tonight that he can make every throw, extend the play and now on the last 2 drives do it without Smith.

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I just want a dynamic QB.

That would be nice, I would love to have Watson who can make the necessary passes and run with the best of them. It is hard to find those type of guys, Luck was dynamic but was a very good QB/borderline great at making clutch throws. Dynamic or having a strong arm doesn't always mean the QB is going to be good though. To me I love having QB's that can read defenses, audible to the right play, and get the ball out quick like Peyton and Brady and even Rivers. 

14 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Stafford would be fantastic.  Keep Eason to learn from him.

Let's face it, we really don't know what we have in Eason.  College is so much different than the pros.  Lance could be a Josh Allen or a Josh Rosen, so he's another question mark just like Eason.

Going with a proven QB in Stafford and finding out if we have anything in Eason seems like the smart play to me.

“Proven QB” who hasn’t won a playoff game in 3 attempts despite top D and Calvin Johnson.  

His stats are worse than Rivers, both career and 2020. 

What has he proven other than a stronger arm and more mobility? You guys act like those traits make a QB more effective when that’s often not the case. 

Wasn’t Chad Kelly one of the fastest players in the league and possessed a cannon? I wonder why Ballard got rid of him if those traits are essential to success. 

11 minutes ago, Bolts2Colts said:

“Proven QB” who hasn’t won a playoff game in 3 attempts despite top D and Calvin Johnson.  

His stats are worse than Rivers, both career and 2020. 

What has he proven other than a stronger arm and more mobility? You guys act like those traits make a QB more effective when that’s often not the case. 

Wasn’t Chad Kelly one of the fastest players in the league and possessed a cannon? I wonder why Ballard got rid of him if those traits are essential to success. 

I would bring Rivers back for 1 more year, don't fix what isn't broken. Sign 1 key free agent, try and bring back TY and Justin Houston for 1 more year and we have 7 draft picks. We were already good this season, the team should be better next year with the draft and JT having a year under his belt. 

36 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I fully support Mac but it was dumb going back out there with 6m left up 52 to 24. I am glad you want show you can be counted on but he is limping. He's lucky he didn't get severely hurt.

With him being  injured  he fits right in with the colts lol

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Eason isn't ready yet

Seems people don't understand that

He's on path for possibly 22' though 

Eason  eason

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Eason isn't ready yet

Seems people don't understand that

He's on path for possibly 22' though 

I put Eason out there all 16 games. Worst case scenario  we are picking at the top of 2022 draft and will get sc ome serious talent infused  onto our roster

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

Smith though has been wide open all day, you don’t get wrs that open in the nfl. 

That’s my biggest thing against Jones, all his passes are to wide open receivers, and you he will never see a wr that open in the NFL. It’s what Tua has been struggling with the difference between open in the NFL and college. Also I don’t want a QB that has to have a top 5 offensive line because as soon as they get paid they are gonna lose that offense line. 

Exactly.

It's difficult to evaluate bama's offensive players. It's basically like watching them practice/scrimmage with No Defensive players on the field. The WR's are running their routes all by themselves...the QB has no pressure and throwing to a receiver wide open...the RB's running through huge holes.

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Exactly.

It's difficult to evaluate bama's offensive players. It's basically like watching them practice/scrimmage with No Defensive players on the field. The WR's are running their routes all by themselves...the QB has no pressure and throwing to a receiver wide open...the RB's running through huge holes.

Colts have good OL he would have time to throw behind them. Taylor and Hines are a great duo to help too. Only thing Colts don't have in this comparison is top WR but that could change.  Some of yall act like our O is complete garbage...

11 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Give Eason an opportunity, we don't need anyone that can't throw past 40 yds...

Because we throw 40 yards so much?

I have Breitling and Omega divers that are 300+Ms rated. Great watches, but I don't need them for the swimming pool or a quick dip in the ocean. But that's where they get used when they occasionally get wet. Very rarely dive. Totally not a need 99.99% of time. You're worried about Hail Mary throws which happen every blue moon, and willing to trade a guy that is top 5 accurate in the 99.99%.

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts have good OL he would have time to throw behind them. Taylor and Hines are a great duo to help too. Only thing Colts don't have in this comparison is top WR but that could change.  Some of yall act like our O is complete garbage...

Where in my post was I talking about colts?

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Where in my post was I talking about colts?

I'm saying our team plays to Jones' strength. He isn't going to extend plays but behind our line should have plenty of time to make plays. 

If he lands on the right team he has strong chance to succeed .

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm saying our team plays to Jones' strength. He isn't going to extend plays but behind our line should have plenty of time to make plays. 

If he lands on the right team he has strong chance to succeed .

I wonder where Lance will go? I am guessing top 10.

Just now, EastStreet said:

I would have much rather him said "I'm going prepare like I'll never take a snap in the NFL, I'm focusing 100% on clipboard grip right now"..... 

That would've been classic lmao 

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Cue @Stephenin 3... 2.... 1.... 

I seriously doubt colts hand Eason the keys to their offense.  They want to win now and not depend on a QB that's never taken a snap in nfl.

I predict Rivers or another veteran will be the #1 QB and Eason and a drafted rookie will fight for the backup position. 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm not sure what else they expect him to say.

I'll just be happy if he turns into an adequate backup. Anything on top of that is a cherry on top/

Me too because we need a QB that we know will at least be good next season. We are in win now mode. Rivers was good for the most part, Stafford I think would be good too. I would love Watson here but we would have to give up a lot to get him in a trade. If our QB isn't at least good then there is no way we beat teams like KC, Buffalo, or Baltimore.

Archived