Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qb for next year/QB class of 2021 (merge)

stitches

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think the writing is on the wall. Rivers 2021.....

It'll be up to PR. 

Behind door one, $25M and another run at the playoffs with the same OL and more chemistry to start with.

Behind door two, life with 100 children at home, and 50+ on football field. 

Gonna bet another $25 or more million is too good to pass up. He still has fire.

Yeah Rivers will be back if he doesn't decide to retire. If he is back hopefully Eason is backup.

Hopefully he takes $15-$20m though

If Rivers retires, Stafford would be my only veteran choice. Outside of Watson and Rodgers(don't seem to likely).

After that Jones at #21 is looking like it could be a nice play.

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Can run for firsts, strong arm, his wr cast and oline isn't  as strong,  but still put up solid stats. Has good size for the position. 

Career high 60.9% comp% is not solid.

To top that off he took this season off. He is at least 2-3 years from being up to NFL speed if he ever is.

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah Rivers will be back if he doesn't decide to retire. If he is back hopefully Eason is backup.

If Rivers retires, Stafford would be my only veteran choice. Outside of Watson and Rodgers(don't seem to likely).

If we taking jones at 21 then draft the best wr left in 2nd.

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Don't see him taking a pay cut. Top 10 in most core stats doesn't create that atmosphere, and neither does a one year deal. Unless he just really wants to be nice lol...

Stafford, Carr, etc are the guys I'd like, but not sure either are realistic or likely.

Not sold on Jones. He's a Saban and Sark O product with one of the best, if not best OLs, and easily the best WR cores in CFB. Not saying he's not good, or won't be good, but he has a TON of advantages and almost zero challenges. IMO, Trask and he are on level playing field. I think Trask would have done as good or better at Bama. Both had good pass catchers, but Bama clearly has better OL, RBs, coaching, and really everything else.

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

Career high 60.9% comp% is not solid.

To top that off he took this season off. He is at least 2-3 years from being up to NFL speed if he ever is.

Newman  was seen as the third best qb prospect  behind Lawrence  and fields before  he took off a season and got leap frogged by other qbs

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Don't see him taking a pay cut. Top 10 in most core stats doesn't create that atmosphere, and neither does a one year deal. Unless he just really wants to be nice lol...

Stafford, Carr, etc are the guys I'd like, but not sure either are realistic or likely.

Not sold on Jones. He's a Saban and Sark O product with one of the best, if not best OLs, and easily the best WR cores in CFB. Not saying he's not good, or won't be good, but he has a TON of advantages and almost zero challenges. IMO, Trask and he are on level playing field. I think Trask would have done as good or better at Bama. Both had good pass catchers, but Bama clearly has better OL, RBs, coaching, and really everything else.

Yeah he might not take a pay cut, bit $25m ojt of $60m is big chunk.

I think if we keep the % of cap the same it shouldn't be perceived as a pay cut.

$25m/$209m =12%

$21m/$175m = 12%

Just hoping he will realize that to improve team he needs to leave a little on the table. I agree though, tough ask.

Sark is great a scheming people open.

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

guess he shouldn't have taken it off then 

Lol I agree. The real question  is how many teams picking ahead of us are going qb. Jags maybe jets,Patriots, Washington  football team,  dolphins may if they not happy with tua bears, 

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah he might not take a pay cut, bit $25m ojt of $60m is big chunk.

I think if we keep the % of cap the same it shouldn't be perceived as a pay cut.

$25m/$209m =12%

$21m/$175m = 12%

Just hoping he will realize that to improve team he needs to leave a little on the table. I agree though, tough ask.

Sark is great a scheming people open.

Yeah, Sark was a great get by TX. OKvsTX should be fun again within a couple years.

I'd love to see PR say "hey, give me $15M, but I want to tell you where the $10M I'm giving up is going" lol... 

24 minutes ago, w87r said:

Jones scares the hell out of me. Plays with a loaded team and hasnt faced adversity. Hes a Bama qb lol

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tonight's game is a prime example of why some people shouldn't go overboard regarding 1 game. Fields has done nothing against Bama so far, last week most were saying he should be the #1 pick. Jones looks spectacular tonight but Lawrence should be the #1 pick and it isn't even close.

Jones does not look spectacular. Smith has done everything.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I would hope for the best. Why would anyone want a non athletic QB. Look at the ones left in the AFC. Why do we want another QB we can’t even run a bootleg with.

Because we have good backs in Taylor and Hines. We went 11-5 and played even with Buffalo. Unless we can get someone like a Watson or Jackson I am fine with a pocket passer that has good backs.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tonight's game is a prime example of why some people shouldn't go overboard regarding 1 game. Fields has done nothing against Bama so far, last week most were saying he should be the #1 pick. Jones looks spectacular tonight but Lawrence should be the #1 pick and it isn't even close.

Yeah Lawrence is/should be #1 pick.

Fields Im not sold on, he is risky IMO

Jones has been doing this all year.

Season w/o  tonight - 4036yds 77% 36tds 4ints 203 rating

Tonight - 394yds 79% 4tds 210 rating - to this point 

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

I watched the whole IU/Ohio St. game and Fields didn't look that good. Their run game killed IU. IU's QB actually outplayed him. 

10 minutes ago, w87r said:

Most of tds went to smith

Archived