Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qb for next year/QB class of 2021 (merge)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love how good people are at reaching conclusions, based on absolutely no information at all.    First, we were definitely getting Stafford. Now, we're definitely not. (And we will definite

Stafford was always my #1 choice among veteran options. (He was my preferred choice last offseason, someone posted a poll and I picked him.)   I'M ALL IN ON STAFFORD YALL.

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I fully support Rivers coming back 100%

 

Especially if Ballard thinks he won't be able to get one of the big 5 Lawrence, Fields, Lance, Wilson, and Trask. Given Wentz's contract, it will cost a lot to trade for him and I'm not sold on Darnold. Guys like Daniels, Howell, Slovis, and Rattler, could be available in the 2022 NFL Draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If Wentz is available,  you roll the dice and get him regardless of the cost. Then you Fix him. Just getting away from that dumpster fire he's in will do wonders for him. 

Regardless of the cost isn't smart football. Are you still willing to go after Wentz if it means losing quality depth?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

What’s Frank going to say “No, he’s done here after this season.”

 

My guess is Rivers likely comes back but that won’t stop Ballard from looking at the QB market and seeing if there’s an upgrade. 

matt stafford , matt ryan both free agents .    i would take stafford as first choice then rivers then ryan .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

matt stafford , matt ryan both free agents .    i would take stafford as first choice then rivers then ryan .

Matt Ryan and Matt Stafford are definitely not FAs.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Matt Ryan and Matt Stafford are definitely not FAs.

not free agent i mean dead cap 2022  these teams could be rebuilding soon and colts can come scoop them up .  with a top ten pick they can easily cut bait or trade though .    sign rivers next year then see what happens a rebuilding team is not gonna keep aging QBs around

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my game plan

 

21 Rivers Eason/Jones

22 Eason/Jones 

 

In 22 Mac and Jacob can battle for starting job 

Just now, coming on strong said:

i would take dak prescott , for 30 million.

pass again

chances are he's gonna ask for more  than 30

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

not free agent i mean dead cap 2022  these teams could be rebuilding soon and colts can come scoop them up .  with a top ten pick they can easily cut bait or trade though .    sign rivers next year then see what happens a rebuilding team is not gonna keep aging QBs around

Why would you want to bring in noodle arm Matt Ryan ?

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

carson wentz is my choice his contract is not guaranteed after 2021 .    for 2022 after signing rivers for one year eagles will cut wentz and colts can sign him for cheap .  frank will have him elite again. remember rivers was 23 touchdowns to 20 picks last year and 3-13 as a starter .  eagles have no talent on offense and peterson is bad at play calling .   with frank he was mvp candidate . if we get him for cheap its a low risk high reward.  no one is gonna trade for him at his salary now , and the eagles are not gonna pay him 35 million to ride the bench they will cut him

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Why would you want to bring in noodle arm Matt Ryan ?

he is in the same league as rivers is he not?  he went to the superbowl and put up similar numbers as rivers both had elite talent with them .    both have weak arms but are good .   in 2022 rivers will be 42 and i would take ryan over him . the falcons will enter rebuild mode if they have another bad season next year hopefully and cut bait

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

carson wentz is my choice his contract is not guaranteed after 2021 .    for 2022 after signing rivers for one year eagles will cut wentz and colts can sign him for cheap .  frank will have him elite again. remember rivers was 23 touchdowns to 20 picks last year and 3-13 as a starter .  eagles have no talent on offense and peterson is bad at play calling .   with frank he was mvp candidate . if we get him for cheap its a low risk high reward.  no one is gonna trade for him at his salary now , and the eagles are not gonna pay him 35 million to ride the bench they will cut him

Who cares what Rivers did 2019 

He's doing much better with Colts this year

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, coming on strong said:

he is in the same league as rivers is he not?  he went to the superbowl and put up similar numbers as rivers both had elite talent with them .    both have weak arms but are good .   in 2022 rivers will be 42 and i would take ryan over him . the falcons will enter rebuild mode if they have another bad season next year hopefully and cut bait

I'm fine bringing Rivers back 1 more year but beyond that in 22' Colts need to go young.

 

Hopefully Eason or Jones 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

carson wentz is my choice his contract is not guaranteed after 2021 .    for 2022 after signing rivers for one year eagles will cut wentz

3rd day of league year in 2021, $15m of Wentz 2022 salary becomes guaranteed. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Who cares what Rivers did 2019 

He's doing much better with Colts this year

 

 

that is my point did you even read what i wrote ?   with a different system he will look good again like rivers . according to you because wentz is having a bad year you dont want him .  When he has elite talent

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

that is my point did you even read what i wrote ?   with a different system he will look good again like rivers . according to you because wentz is having a bad year you dont want him .  When he has elite talent

I don't want him cause he would cripple the franchise. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Wentz isn't an option 

Ryan best years are way behind him

eagles will cut wentz to save money if they believe hurts is the answer . they will not pay him 35 million a year to ride the bench .  they can cut him and save money .  colts could trade a 4th rounder for him also

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, coming on strong said:

eagles will cut wentz to save money if they believe hurts is the answer . they will not pay him 35 million a year to ride the bench .  they can cut him and save money .  colts could trade a 4th rounder for him also

I think we are gonna have to agree to disagree 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i would love for the colts to have wentz for 15 million . that is a steal .  one bad year and every one is out on him .  under reich he will be mvp

Wrong again.

 

His salary is not just 15... that’s just his guaranteed amount. His true hit is closer to 30-35 mil. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, coming on strong said:

that is my point did you even read what i wrote ?   with a different system he will look good again like rivers . according to you because wentz is having a bad year you dont want him .  When he has elite talent

You should probably go read through some threads. 

 

The fact of how bad Wentz played this year isn't the main reason people don't want Wentz. It's the fact that his $31.4m cap hit after trade will leave the Colts with $35-$36m to fill out roster and that's quite a few key pieces that are FAs. All our key depth will be gone and will be forced to sign guys a little over league minimum. Whats the point of bringing in an expensive gamble when we have to gut the team to do it. 

 

Again, Wentz is the last person any Colt fan should be wanting. Carry on though, carry on.

 

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i would love for the colts to have wentz for 15 million . that is a steal .  one bad year and every one is out on him .  under reich he will be mvp

You clearly don't know what you are talking about, so Im done with you.

 

Colts wouldn't have Wentz for $15m, but dont let facts get in the way.

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

that is my point did you even read what i wrote ?   with a different system he will look good again like rivers . according to you because wentz is having a bad year you dont want him .  When he has elite talent

No, I don’t want an overpaid, overrated, past his prime, despite his age, often broken QB. He’s nothing like Rivers was last year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, w87r said:

You should probably go read through some threads. 

 

The fact of how bad Wentz played this year isn't the main reason people don't want Wentz. It's the fact that his $31.4m cap hit after trade will leave the Colts with $35-$36m to fill out roster and that's quite a few key pieces that are FAs. All our key depth will be gone and will be forced to sign guys a little over league minimum. Whats the point of bringing in an expensive gamble when we have to gut the team to do it. 

 

Again, Wentz is the last person any Colt fan should be wanting. Carry on though, carry on.

 

You clearly don't know what you are talking about, so Im done with you.

 

Colts wouldn't have Wentz for $15m, but dont let facts get in the way.

This ^ times 10000000000000000

 

Dude was wrong on fact like 10 times in the last 20 minutes alone. 

 

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I won’t be surprised if he signs for two years. There just needs to be a out for the second year.

Honestly I'd be fine with 2. I want him to start next year, but I'd be fine if he transitioned to backup the second year. That is, if they are optimistic about Eason's progression. A one year with an opt out, is really just a one year as far as the player is concerned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...