Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Strange thing happened towards the end of the game..


Recommended Posts

The NFL being scripted is a hard one to believe. Although its not out of this realm that refs are used to "try" to effect some games maybe for gambling purposes, or someone in the league (Kraft) has a lot of power. I mean it has happened in other leagues.

 

As far as scripting though, every individual player is playing for his job, trying to put the best film out possible. Coaches are coaching for their jobs as well. These variables are too complicated to be controlled and "scripted", nearly impossible I would say. I dont rule out the refs trying to mess with games though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2020 at 6:59 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

One time a local newspaper years ago in a Sunday edition printed Mondays lottery results instead of Saturdays results. 

The results they printed for Monday, 24 hours ahead of time, were the exact numbers that drew in. :thinking:

If this were true, it would’ve been the biggest story in the news that day.   The lead story in every news media outlet.  The lead story in every sports outlet.   The problem is there’s no truth to the story.  So there’s no record of it.  There are no stories about the 10th anniversary of it.  Or the 20th.   
 

Sorry.   It didn’t happen.   Certainly not the way you describe it.   It’s fiction. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I seen at as well, it had to be a coincidence or error but it was funny it showed us 8-4 then the fumble happened right after that. There are many that think sports is rigged, my step-dad believed that after the Bulls beat the Pacers in 1998 (conference finals in 7). He hasn't watch basketball since.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I seen at as well, it had to be a coincidence or error but it was funny it showed us 8-4 then the fumble happened right after that. There are many that think sports is rigged, my step-dad believed that after the Bulls beat the Pacers in 1998 (conference finals in 7). He hasn't watch basketball since.

I remember that series. Reggie Miller hit the game winning shot in Game 4 I believe to win.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

I remember that series. Reggie Miller hit the game winning shot in Game 4 I believe to win.

We had the lead in game 7 with 4 minutes to go then a bunch of bogus fouls started being called against us. I thought my step-dad was going to break the TV after the game lmao . He threw a pillow at the screen and was mad. It was shady, we had Jordan beat and then we didn't haha 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2020 at 1:22 AM, NewColtsFan said:

If this were true, it would’ve been the biggest story in the news that day.   The lead story in every news media outlet.  The lead story in every sports outlet.   The problem is there’s no truth to the story.  So there’s no record of it.  There are no stories about the 10th anniversary of it.  Or the 20th.   
 

Sorry.   It didn’t happen.   Certainly not the way you describe it.   It’s fiction. 

 

I'm not lying.  That's the way it was reported. 

Also, it was reported, and easily checked I guess, on the the 1 year anniversary of 911 the play 3 was 911 in New York.

And tv anchor said it was a act of God. 

 

Do you believe this?  :

 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/thousands-had-winning-9-1-1-numbers/

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2020 at 4:12 AM, AZColt11 said:

I'm definitely down for a good conspiracy theory now and then.  Aliens?  Yep.  The Cabal?  Sure.  Bases on the moon?  You bet.  The NFL is fixed?  Nope.

 

Flat Earth Society?  You know what we call Antarctica is actually land surrounding the edge of the Earth and patrolled by the CIA to keep people out.

 

Think "The Truman Show"!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

I'm not lying.  That's the way it was reported. 

Also, it was reported, and easily checked I guess, on the the 1 year anniversary of 911 the play 3 was 911 in New York.

And tv anchor said it was a act of God. 

 

Do you believe this?  :

 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/thousands-had-winning-9-1-1-numbers/

What?

 

You made a claim about the NFL and post a link about some lottery story that has nothing to do with this.

 

I did a Google search and found nothing.  Apparently you did a Google search and also found nothing because you didn’t post a link connected to that story.

 

Theres no Congressional investigation.  There’s no ESPN 30 for 30 investigation.  There doesn’t appear to be anything on this out there.  
 

Again, if this were true, it would have been the biggest story in the country for a day or more.   And yet, there’s nothing.   Maybe the local station got scammed?

 

I’m not saying scams don’t happen.   I’m just saying this alleged NFL scam isn’t one of them. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chad72 said:

They were on a 5 minute FCC delay for broadcast. :) 

Yep. When you watch games on the nfl app you can usually see what play happened before you see it. For instance the down and distance will be ahead a play or if a touchdown is scored you can see the score change. I always turn my phone around to the entire screen so I can’t see what happened before hand. Somewhere the graphic people put it up by mistake.

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 years in television tells me this...


Odds are one of two things happened.....

 

One....  the graphic was made and was supposed to be used AFTER the Colts had won, but got accidentally used at the wrong moment....

 

Or......

 

Two, the graphic was made to show the AFC South standings IF the Colts were to win.  The announcers would have had to give proper context to be able to use the graphic, but didn’t.  I didn’t hear the audio, but if they didn’t refer to the graphic then that confirms the mistake.

 

Either way, there’s no Conspiracy.  The NFL is not scripted or fixed or rigged.  The mistake was simple human error on the TV side.  Hey, no one is perfect.  Things like this happen from time to time.   Stuff happens.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

It happened long time ago, when my uncle was alive. And he used to bring it up every so often.

 

Why didn't you respond to the 1 year 911 anniversary result in NY ?????l I provided a link to it.  :scratch:   haha:funny:.   :woah:

 

I guess cat got your tongue..... mum's the word.....etc.... :funny:

 

 

 

What the.........?

 

I didn’t respond to a link that didn’t have anything to do with your original claim.   So?There’s no connection.   I don’t care about some other scam.   It has nothing to do with the NFL.   
 

As for the NFL scam happening “a long time ago”...   there have been plenty of things that happened a long time ago and stories have been written about them.   It’s called history.  The writers are called historians.  


You appear to be saying that because there was a scam some place, some time, that means there COULD HAVE BEEN a scam in the NFL!   Hey good for you, you’ve made a charge with ZERO PROOF,  and you think the problem is mine?!? 

 

Congrats, you’re a Conspiracy Theory True Believer!   I hope your Tin Foil Hat and Secret Decoder Ring are always nearby. 
 

But riddle me this....  If the NFL is fixed, why would you and any conspiracy theory believer ever spend 5 minutes rooting for the Colts or any other team?   According to you,  It’s fixed, the outcome is predetermined.  And yet, you remain a fan......    strange. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Why is this still a thing?  Someone at CBS made a mistake.  It happens.  

If you go to youtube and watch the highlights and then read the comments, Texans fans think it was rigged lmao . Man were they moaning and crying haha . I guess they think Watson is on the rigged part then, that is basically what they are saying so how silly is that. I do think the REFS can alter games with bad calls but I am not buying the rigged part, especially by players.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you go to youtube and watch the highlights and then read the comments, Texans fans think it was rigged lmao . Man were they moaning and crying haha . I guess they think Watson is on the rigged part then, that is basically what they are saying so how silly is that. I do think the REFS can alter games with bad calls but I am not buying the rigged part, especially by players.

I am so over people saying things are rigged.  If you are going to rig something you change the rules for a team to play for a title they didn’t earn but that’s a story for another thread...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2020 at 6:56 AM, ReMeDy said:

They told Deshaun Watson thru his helmet, "Can you botch the snap? Our crew upstairs screwed up and we'd rather not be wrong." Deshaun Watson, being the nice guy that he is, agreed.

More likely they told DeShawn "Here is where your supposed to fumble the snap. Dont forget"

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2020 at 1:11 AM, SpanosSucks said:

The NFL is scripted and they’re setting the colts up for a 2010 Packers run

HOF QB on its last wind trying to make a run with a top 5 defense....

 

....ain't that the recipe for a Super Bowl win? *sips tea, pinky out*

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2020 at 6:40 PM, gspdx said:

 

Flat Earth Society?  You know what we call Antarctica is actually land surrounding the edge of the Earth and patrolled by the CIA to keep people out.

 

Think "The Truman Show"!

Nah I can't get with flat earth.  But Antarctica might have some secrets.  I guess most scientists agree it used to be a temperate climate way back thousands of years ago and that there might be ancient cities buried under that 2 miles of ice.  Supposedly there are teams digging through all that to find out, but we will probably never know about it.  I used to think Antarctica was off limits but supposedly that is a myth.  You can go but there are just certain areas that are off limits.  Good luck staying warm and surviving though.  It gets like -100F at times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...