Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Reich is bad at calling plays.

AKB

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AustinnKaine said:

Terrible play calling once again to finish out a game, or lose a game. Convince me otherwise. 

I like his spirt and the way his players respond to him. Needs to hand over personnel and play calling decisions during the game to Nick. This nonsense of trying to outsmart people only makes him look stupid

Just now, csmopar said:

I like his spirt and the way his players respond to him. Needs to hand over personnel and play calling decisions during the game to Nick. This nonsense of trying to outsmart people only makes him look stupid

Why is he running it up the middle with Hines on telegrahped run plays?

If I can predict the playcall, then people who are being paid millions of dollars sure as heck know what the playcall is too. It's sad. 

• AKB changed the title to Frank Reich is bad at calling plays.
2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

If I can predict the playcall, then people who are being paid millions of dollars sure as heck know what the playcall is too. It's sad. 

I have no idea 

I’m guessing it’s part of the whole “we’re going to beat you with strength alone, even if you know what we’re going to do”. 

But that doesn’t work when you’re hobbled on offense. The 2006 Colts could do that because they were healthier and indeed stronger than their opposing defenses. 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

lets keep it positive here

lucky or not colts just won

No?

We should've lost a game that we should've won.

Get it? We need to evaluate who is calling plays going forward. It's so clear. 

8 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Terrible play calling once again to finish out a game, or lose a game. Convince me otherwise. 

Lets see ... you have Taylor 91 yards on 13 carries . Hines and Wilkins combine for 22 on 11 carries.

Who gets the 4th and one carry ? Hines.
Who replaces Taylor on the series to end the game ? Wilkins

Just now, danlhart87 said:

A win is a win

Why are you complaining 

Would you rather us lose

Football isn't always based on the final score. The colts didn't win that game today, and if that's not something you can comprehend then I can't help you. Maybe someone else can explain it differently. 

Just now, dw49 said:

Lets see ... you have Taylor 91 yards on 13 carries . Hines and Wilkins combine for 22 on 11 carries.

makes no sense at all to me. 

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

Football isn't always based on the final score. The colts didn't win that game today, and if that's not something you can comprehend then I can't help you. Maybe someone else can explain it differently. 

makes no sense at all to me. 

Well it still is another win in the win column, and a win is a win doesn't matter if its ugly or not.

Just now, Zoltan said:

Honestly I really like his aggressive play-calling, every once in awhile he has some bad play calls but overall I'm happy with it.

You like that we passed on points that would've put the game out of reach? Not something I can get behind on a regular basis. And I bet that tune would change if Watson's center didn't throw the game. 

2 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I am confused here when Taylor is hot why is he sent to bench on crucial plays? mind boggling... ??

1 minute ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Its based on wins, plain and simple. I enjoy winning, like we did today.

Yeah, based on wins... no it's not. It's based on wins that count. What we just saw won't happen against any of the playoff teams.

So like I've been saying... if you're okay with 10-6.. loss in the Wildcard, then this recipe is perfect. Don't add anything, except for the Salt that will be poured on by all the fans complaining when it happens. 

You like that we passed on points that would've put the game out of reach? Not something I can get behind on a regular basis. And I bet that tune would change if Watson's center didn't throw the game. 

It wouldn’t have, and I agree with the decision to go with it.

Why don’t you pull up some examples of bad play calling and break them down, because right now you’re just being a bit  ranty and rude to other posters. 

Just now, Zoltan said:

Hines got it because he was on the field for 3rd down and they were trying to do hurry up

bad call

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

It wouldn’t have, and I agree with the decision to go with it.

Why don’t you pull up some examples of bad play calling and break them down, because right now you’re just being a bit  ranty and rude to other posters. 

going for it on the 4th downs

and the telegraphed runs up the middle that people have complained about for weeks. 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

Yeah, based on wins... no it's not. It's based on wins that count. What we just saw won't happen against any of the playoff teams.

So like I've been saying... if you're okay with 10-6.. loss in the Wildcard, then this recipe is perfect. Don't add anything, except for the Salt that will be poured on by all the fans complaining when it happens. 

So explain to me how you get in the playoffs? because I'm pretty sure its the teams with the most wins not "most wins that count"

I generally like his play calling, but yes, late in games it concerns me. I don't mind that we went for it on 4th down, but why run it up the gut with Hines? And he can make aggressive play calls like that but then just wants to run it up the gut to no avail on the final drive again? I would have loved to have seen us just try and ice it. We needed to win that game, why give it so easily back to Watson with so much time? I'm not going to overreact and say Reich is bad, but his play calling at times is really the only criticism I can give the guy. We need to play to our strengths more, which isn't running it up the middle with Hines.

17 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

lets keep it positive here

lucky or not colts just won

Constructive criticism is a good thing. While we did win that play calling nonsense almost cost us the playoffs... again. Remember the 4th amd 2 last year against Houston?!

Archived