Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers requires surgery on his foot (Merged)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For 25million and playoffs on the line, he better tape that thing up and go win some ball games.     Seriously tho, that is one tough 38yr old.  I’m still whining about the cut I got on my thum

If Rivers is having surgery after the end of the season, then, in my opinion, he is having surgery after the end of his career.

I could see this causing Rivers to hang the cleats up after this season now.   There was a good chance anyway,  it this has to increase it, IMO. And doing it blocking none the less.

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like JB and have defended him a lot but he isn't better than Rivers, JB could beat the Texans IMO but with Rivers it is almost certain hurt toe and all.  

He isn't better than a 100% Rivers.  whether he's better than the Rivers we have depends on how limited Rivers is. 

• MTC changed the title to Rivers requires surgery on his foot (Merged)
1 minute ago, PRnum1 said:

Are we saying as Colts fans that we love Philip Rivers and want him to come back ?

Enquiring minds want to know ....

I love him and want him back. He is the closest thing to Luck than some college drafty. I like JB but he is better than the mountain 4th and 1 man lmao 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, krunk said:

I honestly cant tell there is anything wrong with his foot when im watching.

Yep rivers is doing his job to take care of it during the week so he can play.  Like I said after watching him last week I wasn’t worried about him on it today.

14 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Are we saying as Colts fans that we love Philip Rivers and want him to come back ?

Enquiring minds want to know ....

Loving him has nothing to do with it.  I loved Vinatieri but it was time for him to go.  

Sad to see this being a more serious injury for him.  It's great the way he played and I am glad we won.  I hope he can continue to manage it and play effectively.  He is our best option and I would really like to se this team take a run in the playoffs.  I know in 2006 I thought they just weren't good enough and yet still won the SB. It is always possible (if not probable).

Still not ready to crown him for next year yet.  It would depend on how he looks as we go into next year.  One year older and recovering from what appears to be off season surgery.  

If he can perform at a high level - sure!  

3 minutes ago, gspdx said:

Loving him has nothing to do with it.  I loved Vinatieri but it was time for him to go.  

Sad to see this being a more serious injury for him.  It's great the way he played and I am glad we won.  I hope he can continue to manage it and play effectively.  He is our best option and I would really like to se this team take a run in the playoffs.  I know in 2006 I thought they just weren't good enough and yet still won the SB. It is always possible (if not probable).

Still not ready to crown him for next year yet.  It would depend on how he looks as we go into next year.  One year older and recovering from what appears to be off season surgery.  

If he can perform at a high level - sure!  

I loved Adam but he was clearly done, Rivers looks like he can play another year IMO

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I loved Adam but he was clearly done, Rivers looks like he can play another year IMO

I get it.  I hope he can and I would like to see an even better year next year since the team will have more time together to improve.  This was a bad year to need to bring in a new QB but it has gone pretty well.

I'm just not willing to hand him the keys until we know what we are getting.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gspdx said:

I get it.  I hope he can and I would like to see an even better year next year since the team will have more time together to improve.  This was a bad year to need to bring in a new QB but it has gone pretty well.

I'm just not willing to hand him the keys until we know what we are getting.

Yeah we at least need to make the playoffs IMO but I think we will. Lets see how it plays out.

• Like 1

Back in my playing days I had a knee injury that didn't really hinder anything other than playing with pain.  So, during the game, I did things to manage the pain (for me it was aspirin before the game and then more at halftime) but then the rest of the week, I kept my knee wrapped to limit movement and limit pain.  

Sounds like that is Rivers' approach to his foot injury, he can still play and do his job it's just a matter of managing the pain during the game.