Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Texans, December 6, 2020, 1pm EST

NFLfan

Just now, Solon said:

Watson is well-respected by his fellow NFL peers. I don't think players hit him the way they should. I see way too many arm tackles being attempted, especially when they can level him.

Yes, you are correct. They have to treat him like a Big Ben or Cam Newton or Andrew Luck and get him hit hard to bring him down. Eventually his mental clock will speed up.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Colts have to get this first half defense figured out.  You can’t giving up 20 points every game.  As lights out as they play in the second half of games they have the talent to be better to start.  

Part of me is starting to wonder if its Eberflus not wanting to tip his hand in terms of adjustments too early so that the opposition cant counter his adjustments at half.

It is absolutely remarkable the distinction between the 1st and 2nd half points allowed this year... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Stop blaming the refs. The defense is giving up easy completions and not getting Watson to the ground. The refs aren't letting this no name WR put up yards against them

No, the refs are letting the Texans OLine get away with holds that allow Watson to scramble and find the open guy.

So yeah, I'm gonna keep blaming the refs.  They've been egregiously screwing the Colts for three weeks straight and I'm sick of it.

The refs call a fair game and it's a runaway win for the Colts.

• Like 2

Just now, SR711 said:

Part of me is starting to wonder if its Eberflus not wanting to tip his hand in terms of adjustments too early so that the opposition cant counter his adjustments at half.

It is absolutely remarkable the distinction between the 1st and 2nd half points allowed this year... 

they did try something different today they came out blitzing and then got burned deep and since then the defense has reverted to their cover-2 shell.  I think they got scared.  Gotta get back to attacking not playing on their heels.  

one thing I am noticing is that the Colts ends are crashing in and the tackles are clasping the middle of the pocket so Watson is stepping up and moving to his left to buy time.  I’d start having that end not crash in as deep as he has been or have Grover go to the outside of his man to make Watson go somewhere else when he wants to escape.  

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Still believe in the D? Another good offense another poor 1st half performance. Glad to see the addition of a dominant 3 technique and Ballard's drafting on  D is paying dividends.

What a surprise. First comment in the thread and its negative. You would think you would change up by now.

Your level of consistency is impressive though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Still believe in the D? Another good offense another poor 1st half performance. Glad to see the addition of a dominant 3 technique and Ballard's drafting on  D is paying dividends.

Are you sarcastically acknowledging the egregious holding that's not being called?

Our defense is being repeatedly held, yet it's never called, while the Colts get called for holding if they so much as look at the opponent the wrong way...

• Like 1