Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Texans, December 6, 2020, 1pm EST

NFLfan

ok so obviously we haven't fixed any of the problems we've had the past 3 weeks. Defense still horrible in the first half. Questionable play calling on offense sprinkled in. We need AC back. The positive is, Taylor looked really good today. Might not mean much against the second worst rush D in the NFL but I liked what I saw.

Just wow!  Reich’s game losing decision bailed out by the Defense.  Thank goodness.

Gotta say, though, if I am Irsay, I am having a serious discussion about in game point lead dynamics vs misplaced aggression in the name of fools gold analytics.  Colts are HORRIBLE at 3 or 4th and 1 runs, ESPECIALLY from the bunched up run formation.  I just hated that call so much I am beyond words.  Colts got VERY lucky that this game wasn’t lost because of coaching blunder.

• Like 2

Just now, esmort said:

Winning doesn't change the fact of how bad Reich's play calling was. D bailed him out. 

Honestly, I wouldn’t even say the D bailed out Colts. That honor belongs to Texans. D did have to recover the fumble. I’ll take it. Reich’s play calling has to be better than today though

• Like 2

Just now, Luck is Good said:

Honestly, I wouldn’t even say the D bailed out Colts. That honor belongs to Texans. D did have to recover the fumble. I’ll take it. Reich’s play calling has to be better than today though

Yea he nearly  cost us the game

Just now, shakedownstreet said:

I'll ride with Frank high & low. But I still say he should have taken the points there :lol:

It was fun no matter what

I don’t want him fired but I would like to see him hand over the play calling. He’s just not good at it

1 minute ago, shakedownstreet said:

I'll ride with Frank high & low. But I still say he should have taken the points there :lol:

It was fun no matter what

If you call having a heart attack fun than I agree lmao . I thought Watson was going to score easily at the end to be honest. I was sick for a moment, then the miracle happened :thmup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Just wow!  Reich’s game losing decision bailed out by the Defense.  Thank goodness.

Gotta say, though, if I am Irsay, I am having a serious discussion about in game point lead dynamics vs misplace aggression in the name of fools gold analytics.  Colts are HORRIBLE at 3 or 4th and 1 runs, ESPECIALLY from the bunched up run formation.  I just Ed hated that call so much I am beyond words.  Colts gotVERY lucky that this game wasn’t lost because of coaching blunder.

“blunderS S S”

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We got lucky to win as I have posted but the haters were ready to pounce lmao . I agree, I don't get the Hines up the middle on 4th and 1 stuff.

‘tHe HatErS’ please grow up. We are all here because we are colts fans who were freaking out over baffling play calls. That’s all.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I picked us to win 27-24, I knew this baby would be close because Watson is good. We got lucky today but I will take it.

Yeah I thought this would be close though I thought the Colts would have put this away a bit earlier. Despite the players the Texans had out, and not having as good of a roster overall, Watson is incredible and makes up for so much. His ability to escape and get it to guys downfield is as good as anyone in the league. Those big plays allow the Texans to be within striking distance.

But I was extremely disappointed with Reich's play calling. I'm not on the side of firing Reich but I thought his play calling today warrants criticism. They underutilized Taylor throughout the game. They also went away from TY in the second half. The only points the Colts score in the second half was on a safety.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Watson is gonna be a problem for a long time.  I think next game we finish more of those potential sacks and win more comfortably next game. 

Watson is a game changer. He led Clemson to a national championship win against Alabama. That was a clear sign he was going to be a problem

• Like 1

This team isn’t going anywhere with Reich playcalling.  The defense nails him out again. We need AC back. The good is Taylor is really coming along now so that should help form the stretch. For the life of me why are we running Hines up the fur when Taylor was looking so good. Walker penalty in that punt was ridiculous. He didn’t need to hold.

What the heck happened to the titans today lol. The jets really are tanking. Anyone see the last play.