Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts moves

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

No big surprises

Nope, just some formalities coming to fruition.

Hopefully this doesn't mean anything about Kelly's availability though.

It makes sense regardless though woth Castonzo already ruled out.

Makes sense to carry extra depth either way.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, w87r said:

stacy london yes GIF

Hunt was also elevated for the Packers and Titans games, so this is his third time. I wonder what they plan to do with him after tomorrow.

I guess I also wonder why they elevated Hunt as a Center instead of Pinter. Pinter played C last week, right?

7 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Hunt was also elevated for the Packers and Titans games, so this is his third time. I wonder what they plan to do with him after tomorrow.

He can still be placed back on PS, just cant be elevated without being released first. Which in theory I dont think affects him to much as I highly doubt he was protected on the PS so essentially any team would have been able to snatch him up if they wanted to, up to this point.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, w87r said:

Ya with AC out we only had 7 active ol, and with the rules you can have an extra player if that guy is an ol (8)

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

I guess I also wonder why they elevated Hunt as a Center instead of Pinter. Pinter played C last week, right?

Pinter is on the 53

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Could be that Pinter might be looking at backup Tackle or Guard snaps?

As Pt said Pinter is already on 53 man roster, Im sure you know that and just meant having him be backup Center/ or starter if Kelly misses.

Either way Hunt gives us protection if Kelly get injured again(it he plays) or Pinter needs to play some guard or tackle.

39 minutes ago, w87r said:

As Pt said Pinter is already on 53 man roster, Im sure you know that and just meant having him be backup Center/ or starter if Kelly misses.

Hmm, covid-addled brain fart. I forgot he was on the 53.

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

No need to sign him at this point. Say he stinks it up this Sunday

You’d just cut him it’s not like they are stuck with him if he stinks.  By not signing him other teams could sign him though so they only reason they wouldn’t sign him is they they don’t want to use the roster spot because they think Rigo is coming back sooner than later.

55 minutes ago, w87r said:

Could be that Pinter might be looking at backup Tackle or Guard snaps?

Either way Hunt gives us protection if Kelly get injured again(it he plays) or Pinter needs to play some guard or tackle.

They need a body and the center they elevated has at least been in the system.  With Green iffy and AC out the only healthy back up lineman they have on the active roster is Pinter.

34 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You’d just cut him it’s not like they are stuck with him if he stinks.  By not signing him other teams could sign him though so they only reason they wouldn’t sign him is they they don’t want to use the roster spot because they think Rigo is coming back sooner than later.

Of course you could just cut him but my point is this may have nothing to do with Sanchez. No need to rush and sign a guy who was available this late. Even if he was to be poached elsewhere, they could just get another competent punter. This isn’t a QB or OL we are talking about 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Of course you could just cut him but my point is this may have nothing to do with Sanchez. No need to rush and sign a guy who was available this late. Even if he was to be poached elsewhere, they could just get another competent punter. This isn’t a QB or OL we are talking about 

Look at the Titans punter in the first Colts game.  Finding a competent punter isn’t as easy as you make it seem.  No it’s not a QB or OL but you also don’t want to have to find one each week either.  Between the fact Rigo hasn’t been put on IR to keep him out a minimum of three weeks and that they didn’t sign Allen to the active roster those are signs they expect Rigo back sooner than later.

4 hours ago, w87r said:

Kelly was a full participant in practice this week and is not on the injury report.  I'd be shocked if he doesn't play.

29 minutes ago, Hark said:

What if they play Hunt at C, Pinter at LG, and Big Q at left tackle. Or is that just crazy?

Considering Kelly is active and has been a full-participant at practice, I think it's a little crazy.  

Wouldn't be shocked, but quite surprised if Q moves to LT.  

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Hark said:

What if they play Hunt at C, Pinter at LG, and Big Q at left tackle. Or is that just crazy?

Well Kelly is expected to play so I don’t think they need to go with Hunt at center but based on last week I see why you asked that.  I believe Frank said yesterday Clarke will start at left tackle.  I think Hunt being brought up is more about the fact Pinter might be the only healthy reserve lineman tomorrow if Green can’t go than anything else.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Look at the Titans punter in the first Colts game.  Finding a competent punter isn’t as easy as you make it seem.  No it’s not a QB or OL but you also don’t want to have to find one each week either.  Between the fact Rigo hasn’t been put on IR to keep him out a minimum of three weeks and that they didn’t sign Allen to the active roster those are signs they expect Rigo back sooner than later.

Yes, punter is a position of importance.  Before the Colts-Titans 2 last week one of the reporters on ESPN (I think Matt Hasselbeck) said during predictions that he was taking the Titans and thought the game changer would be the punter, noting how much better they are in the field position battle when their healthy punter is on the field compared to the guy who messed up a few punts in our win during the first week.

However, if Ryan Allen was that effective a P, he likely wouldn't be on the waiver wire late in the season.  I tend to agree that Rigo will probably be back soon as it sounds like he had successful surgery removing a tumor which was not spreading to other parts of the body.  I have not seen where the tumor was or anything else aside from that.... however, I could see this game as a 'live tryout' for Allen, if he stinks cut him, if he does great and it doesn't look good on Rigo returning soon then sign him to the active roster.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well Kelly is expected to play so I don’t think they need to go with Hunt at center but based on last week I see why you asked that.  I believe Frank said yesterday Clarke will start at left tackle.  I think Hunt being brought up is more about the fact Pinter might be the only healthy reserve lineman tomorrow if Green can’t go than anything else.

Good call. Forgot Kelly is healthy

4 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

Kelly was a full participant in practice this week and is not on the injury report.  I'd be shocked if he doesn't play.

Considering Kelly is active and has been a full-participant at practice, I think it's a little crazy.  

Wouldn't be shocked, but quite surprised if Q moves to LT.  

He'll play....   but if he re-aggravates the injury and is sidelined again,  then another player will obviously be needed.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

The fact they are elevating and not signing Allen to the main roster means right now they at least think Rigo could be back in a couple of weeks.

doesnt he just have a tumor not full blown cancer that spread ?  by catching it early he might be able to avoid chemo , but im not sure i am not a doctor.