Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sirianni on Quenton Nelson


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If that is true. Then move him to left tackle and draft a guard next year. Oh brother.

If that happened how about this...

LT Q LG Pinter OC Kelly RG Glow RT Smith

 

We would obviously draft depth beyond that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If that is true. Then move him to left tackle and draft a guard next year. Oh brother.

Who knows?    Maybe that’s Ballard’s long term plan?  You might just get your wish.   I suppose it’s....   possible. 
 

When AC calls it a career, we will all find out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Who knows?    Maybe that’s Ballard’s long term plan?  You might just get your wish.   I suppose it’s....   possible. 
 

When AC calls it a career, we will all find out.

That could actually happen, Nelson is a lot like Larry Allen weight wise but Nelson is even taller and Allen played some LT and was great even though his main position was OG.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If that is true. Then move him to left tackle and draft a guard next year. Oh brother.

 

Q. is a freak athlete.  He likely would do fine anywhere on the line, though I think it's pretty obvious his best position is LG for the long-term.  With AC out, our OL may look better with Q at LT, Clark at LG, Kelly at C, Glow at RG, Smith at RT... but long-term, I think we need to be investing in AC's replacement in this year's draft.  AC is still playing at a high level but had some thoughts about retirement before this year.. he's on for this year and next.  Hopefully he stays healthy, but (IMO) it'd be ideal to pick up a young LT early in the draft, let him sit behind AC for a year and takeover.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

If that happened how about this...

LT Q LG Pinter OC Kelly RG Glow RT Smith

 

We would obviously draft depth beyond that 

I'd change it to LT Pinter, LG Q., OC Kelly, RG Glow, RT Smith.  Pinter was a TE, T, G throughout his time in college.  The first time he ever played C at any level was last week.  Actually (AC replacement) LT, LG Nelson, C Kelly, RG Smith, RT Pinter would be ideal to me.  I know Glow is only 28, and he has a  high PFF grade but he reminds me of Shipley to some extent (performs to his ceiling, but has a low one).  

 

Maybe I'm wrong, I probably am.  I know Haeg left to get real playing time.... Pinter reminds me a bit of him, but a stronger/more athletic version.  Both are very cerebral.  I think Q, Kelly, Smith (LG, C, RG) would be the best interior line arguably in league-history.. give Pinter a year (he did well last week at C) and put him at RT and he's very solid.  Get a stud to back up AC and a line with AC, Q, Kelly, Smith, Pinter next year and it is a stud OL.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

I'd change it to LT Pinter, LG Q., OC Kelly, RG Glow, RT Smith.  Pinter was a TE, T, G throughout his time in college.  The first time he ever played C at any level was last week.  Actually (AC replacement) LT, LG Nelson, C Kelly, RG Smith, RT Pinter would be ideal to me.  I know Glow is only 28, and he has a  high PFF grade but he reminds me of Shipley to some extent (performs to his ceiling, but has a low one).  

 

Maybe I'm wrong, I probably am.  I know Haeg left to get real playing time.... Pinter reminds me a bit of him, but a stronger/more athletic version.  Both are very cerebral.  I think Q, Kelly, Smith (LG, C, RG) would be the best interior line arguably in league-history.. give Pinter a year (he did well last week at C) and put him at RT and he's very solid.  Get a stud to back up AC and a line with AC, Q, Kelly, Smith, Pinter next year and it is a stud OL.  

I would like to see what Pinter brings to the table, he is big and strong. Clark is just bad IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

It would be nice if Q just returned to last years form at LG. That would help our run game.

I think he's battling injury issues?

 

He's still playing at a high level, but I agree he seems like he's not his normal self (which involves playing at an elite level and the best in the NFL at his position).  I think he had some sort of back issue in training camp and he missed several days of practice with back/ankle injuries last week.  https://www.colts.com/news/philip-rivers-bobby-okereke-injury-report-tennessee-titans-week-12

 

The OL as a whole seems a bit different this year.  They're doing a good job keeping Rivers upright, as evidenced by him being least sacked QB in the NFL.  They just don't seem as dominant against the run.  Not sure if it's a minor scheme change, an OL coach change, predictable play calling or due to Mack going down early (Taylor seemed like he was finding his groove before going on the CoVID list, but didn't seem to be reading things properly at a very consistent level prior).  My guess is, a combination of all the above plus a weird offseason and minor or major injuries across the line.  The OL who has missed the most time is AC, followed by Kelly - so specific to Q, it should be somewhat expected that his play falls off slightly when he loses the pro-bowlers on either side of him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

 

Q. is a freak athlete.  He likely would do fine anywhere on the line, though I think it's pretty obvious his best position is LG for the long-term.  With AC out, our OL may look better with Q at LT, Clark at LG, Kelly at C, Glow at RG, Smith at RT... but long-term, I think we need to be investing in AC's replacement in this year's draft.  AC is still playing at a high level but had some thoughts about retirement before this year.. he's on for this year and next.  Hopefully he stays healthy, but (IMO) it'd be ideal to pick up a young LT early in the draft, let him sit behind AC for a year and takeover.

U r assuming Castanzo is back. The injury maybe enuff to make him retire

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U r assuming Castanzo is back. The injury maybe enuff to make him retire

Maybe but I highly doubt it.  He went through a long thought process between retiring or resigning before he signed a 2 year deal.  It's a sprain which won't require surgery or any major rehab.  My guess is he's back in the lineup by the end of this year and will be back next year as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U r assuming Castanzo is back. The injury maybe enuff to make him retire

 

Have no idea why you're in such a negative mood?   AC's injury is a week to week variety.   It's not a season ender.

 

Why would an injury like that cause a veteran player to retire.   Especially a guy still playing at a high level and has a big contract waiting for him next year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2020 at 12:58 AM, CurBeatElite said:

I'd change it to LT Pinter, LG Q., OC Kelly, RG Glow, RT Smith.  Pinter was a TE, T, G throughout his time in college.  The first time he ever played C at any level was last week.  Actually (AC replacement) LT, LG Nelson, C Kelly, RG Smith, RT Pinter would be ideal to me.  I know Glow is only 28, and he has a  high PFF grade but he reminds me of Shipley to some extent (performs to his ceiling, but has a low one).  

 

Maybe I'm wrong, I probably am.  I know Haeg left to get real playing time.... Pinter reminds me a bit of him, but a stronger/more athletic version.  Both are very cerebral.  I think Q, Kelly, Smith (LG, C, RG) would be the best interior line arguably in league-history.. give Pinter a year (he did well last week at C) and put him at RT and he's very solid.  Get a stud to back up AC and a line with AC, Q, Kelly, Smith, Pinter next year and it is a stud OL.  

Smith has shown to be a very solid RT. I would say Pinter could be RG and keep Smith outside. Just my opinion though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I think Stafford at 4 years at 120 M is a little steep.  At least thats the numbers I saw on the other thread.   Thinking outside the box for a second, what if we gave a 5th round pick to the Bills for Jake Fromm ?   If you're interested in Trask, Fromm is almost the same QB.   Precision timing thrower, can throw receivers open, very accurate.
    • I do think a Stafford trade is the SAFEST move (For a reasonable trade) to take this team forward   But.......I would agree that a VERY overlooked option is Jamies Winston   Winston needs some time in the QBs room, to fix the interceptions, but the guy threw almost 500 Yards against us in a game. AND threw for 5000 yards in the season. Only TWO other QBs have accomplished this feat in the history of the NFL.   If his head is on straight, (He has a past) he would be another excellent option   Who better to work with a QB than Sean Payton (This last year) and Frank R.    He is actually my second best choice   He could be had for a cheap contract (Maybe a 2 year prove it deal at 6M each year)   That would leave us with our 1st, and 14M more available CAP $$ (Vs a Stafford pickup) that we could sign an OT with and maybe a (second tier)  DE FA    We then could do a true BPA approach in the draft
    • I don't really have a dog in the fight. My SB team from my pool was BUF...and now I just have my squares.   But if I am being honest...I would prefer that Brady doesn't win. If that means he comes back...so be it. I don't hate Brady like most Colts fans...but seeing him win another SB would be gross. And I think it would take a very questionable game by KC for that to happen. I think KC has a real shot at being the first team in the SB era to three-peat SB titles.
    • Illegal contact past 5 yards, all day in the NFL.     That contact past the 5 yard mark allowed him to close up with Noah. I do like Noah Gray of Duke for the TE spot.
    • I don’t know if it was Covid and no off-season, OR,  if there was an undisclosed injury, something seemed not quite right.    And I believe his 2020 PFF grades reflected that.   Hoping for a better ‘21. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...