Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich teaching the finer points of ball handling to a(n undersized) running back

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Love this kid. He is a beast. So glad he's wearing the shoe.
    • PR, like most QBs is better at some things, and limited at others. Sure he limits us in areas like goal line sets, be I think we we also do things to limit ourselves, and don't do enough to highlight what he's good at. I took a week off from the board and will be doing a part 2 on this topic, but I can tell you, our run/pass mix is very slanted in the RZ compared to between the 20s, and the use of bigs (6-4 and over) is also down from previous years. You'd think if you have a statue, you'd be creating mismatches that you can, instead of making your primary target, or one of your primary targets, a tiny guy like Hilton. Give me a guy like MAC running a slant vs DBs any day. And we just didn't do that. Instead our run/pass mix was very predictable, and we had a lot of questionable personnel packages when we did pass. Like I said, I'll post some #s in part 2, and hope to have that out in the next two days.
    • When I saw PM, my first thought was "Pat McAfee for HOF?" lol
    • It’s very hard to tell if you’re being deliberately argumentative or not?   But there are a long serious of falsehoods stated in your post.   1.)   It isn’t Ballard who removes a player from the board like Sweat for medical reasons.  At this level its typically the team doctor and the owner.     2.)  It wasn’t a “few teams” that removed Sweat from their board.  He was a top-10 kid at a premium position.   So 16 other teams removed him.  If you think he was a top-16 kid, then 10 other teams removed him.  That’s more than “a few”.   3.)  Where’s the “misevaluation”?   You didn’t explain that.  If he’s off the board, he’s off the board.  He wasn’t removed for talent,  he was removed for health.  How is that a misevaluation?   4.)  How do you know they “got it wrong with Sweat”?    Do you know what will happen with him tomorrow, next month, next year, the year after?   Of course not.  It’s the call of the doctor and the owner.  Even if he has a 10-year great career, it’s not a misevaluation. Doctors aren’t always right.   5.)  The medical misevaluation you mentioned was the position of Sweat’s camp.  But it looks like most teams did not accept that.  They took Sweat off their boards as the Colts did.  And that came from multiple doctors at the combine and then agreed with by a long list of team doctors who removed him from consideration.    6.)  The Colts “Next Pick” series is a courtesy to the fans from the team.  It is not a documentary done by a neutral third party.  They might show 10-20 seconds about any given decision.  A decision that might have involved 5 minutes of negotiations, possibly even more.  The Colts are not showing you EVERYTHING.  You’re just getting a small slice.   And they’re not going to include anything negative about a player.  That’s clearly not the Colts way.   7.)  The call from Wash was likely one of several calls where terms of the deal are negotiated.  There were likely calls made days ahead of the draft to gauge interest.  Then one during the first round to see if Wash is still interested.   Then the final call to officially consummate the deal.  Again, you’re just making a series of giant assumptions based on tiny bits of information.    Ask yourself this....   why would a man like Chris Ballard,  who clearly values pass rush, take a pass on a top pass rushing defensive end?   Wouldn’t you think he’d have to have a darn good reason?   He made the best of an unfortunate situation.   You’re badly over-thinking this because you don’t like the decision. 
  • Members

• boo2202

boo2202 443

• RollerColt

RollerColt 2,312

• dew5150

dew5150 106

• Painterman

Painterman 5

• Jeremy Waldon

Jeremy Waldon 161

• NFLfan