Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steelers the 13th team in the Super Bowl era to start 11-0?

Tsarquise

21 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It doesn't tell us how many of them did not make the SB, 2005 Colts included. Talked about only the ones that made it to the SB.

This is a better list, IMO:

Pro-Football-Reference.jpg

The Chiefs may be the only hope to stop the Steelers from winning it all. And I hope they do. 

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

It doesn't tell us how many of them did not make the SB, 2005 Colts included. Talked about only the ones that made it to the SB.

This is a better list, IMO:

Pro-Football-Reference.jpg

But they didn't mention that the list only included the 11-0 teams that made it to the Super Bowl. 

Really bothering me that the 2005 Colts are not on that list; it is a travesty lol. They are especially relevant to the article due to their season being ended by the Steelers. 

And why did they include the 1975 Vikings, they only went 10-0?

And, yeah, that is a much better list. 

2 hours ago, FortheWin said:

I think the Steelers are going 16-0.  Not sure if they will win the bowl but I think they get the perfect regular season and match the Patriots from 2007.

Yeah, I am not seeing anybody that is going to beat them, but this is the NFL; any given Sunday. 

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

I like the Steelers but I want the Dolphins' record to stand as is. They were the team that not only went perfect but also beat my Bears in their quest for perfection. That still hurts.

I am kind of ready to be done with the Fins and their perfect season. I am fine if the Steelers can get it.

i doubt the Bengals, Browns or Wft will be able to do it.  highest chance for a loss will be in buffalo next weekend.  as of now there is light snow in the forecast, always a bit of a wildcard during December in buffalo

i dont like picking against the colts but if it was for money id go with the steelers at home in our matchup 

On 12/3/2020 at 11:46 PM, King Colt said:

I like the Steelers but I want the Dolphins' record to stand as is. They were the team that not only went perfect but also beat my Bears in their quest for perfection. That still hurts.

Everyone forgets that the Browns went 14-0 and won the championship .... way way way back.

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

Wouldn't it be great if the Colts beat the Steelers to end their perfect season? 

Im afraid without Costanzo my hopes are small. 

Stranger things have indeed happened. We've got to beat them at some point. It's been what? 12 years? 

If we win I'll probably be doing cartwheels throughout the house and neighborhood. 

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Stranger things have indeed happened. We've got to beat them at some point. It's been what? 12 years? 

If we win I'll probably be doing cartwheels throughout the house and neighborhood. 

Its been way too long... if we beat them, I still don't feel good about the playoffs. 

You never really want to lose, but if you're Pittsburgh, this loss isn't be that bad seeings how it's to an NFC team. They'll still be perfect in both the Conference & Division, and if them &  KC both finish 15-1, Steelers are the top seed because the Chiefs lost to an AFC team.

1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

You never really want to lose, but if you're Pittsburgh, this loss isn't be that bad seeings how it's to an NFC team. They'll still be perfect in both the Conference & Division, and if them &  KC both finish 15-1, Steelers are the top seed because the Chiefs lost to an AFC team.

I'd much rather lose your first game in week 13 than after week 17.  Sometimes a loss like this serves as a wakeup call to not get complacent.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Arrogance is why the Steelers lost, much like Frank Reich, went for 2 4th downs where they could have gotten field goals and put more pressure on Smith. To Smith’s credit, he did not panic and make major mistakes.

And oddly enough, they lost by 6 points - sure could've used those 2 field goals!

Im not shocked, I got all kids of grief a couple weeks back posting the Steelers were not elite in any one thing and posted stats to prove it. They have won close vs shorthanded and bad teams time and again...it was bound to come up snake eyes. They have issues, real issues, could be 1 and done come playoff time.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Steelers play buffalo Sunday. Could lose again and KC might end up with that one seed. Seekers could be on a down wing. Not sure if Conner was back tonight off the covid list.

Yes, I can definitely see that.

I remember a while ago the Steelers could run the ball with Bell and beat the Alex Smith led Chiefs by kicking 6 FGs in the playoffs.

Now, the Mahomes led Chiefs saw the Bills run D vs pass D and ran for around 40 times for 200 plus yards. Chiefs can do whatever it takes to beat you, the Steelers are too arrogant by passing too much. That’s going to be their downfall.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 9:24 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Im not shocked, I got all kids of grief a couple weeks back posting the Steelers were not elite in any one thing and posted stats to prove it. They have won close vs shorthanded and bad teams time and again...it was bound to come up snake eyes. They have issues, real issues, could be 1 and done come playoff time.

One and done come playoff time.....Ill say it again.

On 12/22/2020 at 11:20 PM, holeymoley99 said:

One and done come playoff time.....Ill say it again.

Depends on the match up. If they play the Browns where Mayfield doesn't do well under the pressure and doesn't pass well without the run game being effective which the Steelers do well against typically, they may win. All of Browns' strengths (run game) and weaknesses (pass offense, pass defense) favor the Steelers' strengths (run defense, pass offense) and weaknesses (perimeter pass defense). 

If it is someone like the Colts, Titans or Ravens, might be a different story, IMO. We will see how weeks 16 and 17 go. 

Archived