Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts wire mock draft

Interesting enough, you can watch the first two picks play against each other. They played a week ago

29 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Other than the Surrat pick, I feel like a lot of those picks are reaches. I would rather have an OT like Slater or Darrisaw round 1, and I think a better pass rusher like Aiden Hutchinson will be available round 2. 

Eichenberg isn’t really a reach. This is the 2nd Mock I’ve seen this week that has him linked to the Colts, and in the first round.

Also Hutchinson will be coming off an injury so who knows where his stock will be. I didn’t care for the rusher they picked either though. I’d rather have Basham or Patrick Jones in the 2nd.

34 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Other than the Surrat pick, I feel like a lot of those picks are reaches. I would rather have an OT like Slater or Darrisaw round 1, and I think a better pass rusher like Aiden Hutchinson will be available round 2. 

Slater has been mocked to go earlier than our potential pick.  Also, Darrisaw would be a good LT but so will Eichenberg.  He is definitely not a reach.  Not a huge fan of majority of this draft either.  

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Interesting enough, you can watch the first two picks play against each other. They played a week ago

Eichenberg isn’t really a reach. This is the 2nd Mock I’ve seen this week that has him linked to the Colts, and in the first round.

Also Hutchinson will be coming off an injury so who knows where his stock will be. I didn’t care for the rusher they picked either though. I’d rather have Basham or Patrick Jones in the 2nd.

Agree with you in Eichenberg not being a reach.  Jones would be a good one in the 2nd.  

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

I do like darrisaw more than eichenberg but I don’t know if he will be there by our pick and I like the pass rusher I like Patrick Jones more and think he won’t be there in round two

For a variety of reasons, I’m not following college football much this year, and won’t follow the draft until January. 

But I’d like to respectfully share some thoughts for this thread.   It looks like we’ll be picking in the 20’s in the first round.   Which means we’ll be picking in roughly the mid-50’s in the 2nd and close to the late 80’s in the 3rd.

So....   whoever you like in the 2nd round has to fall out of the top-50 and slip a few more picks.     Whoever you like in the 3rd has to fall out of the top-85 and slip a few more picks.   

For example, look at Ballard’s last THREE 3rd round picks.  Blackmon, who was seriously  injured, so Ballard gambled that his value would slip and traded back 10 picks.  Gambled and won.

Okereke...   who many thought was a Day-3 talent.  Ballard was right to guess he’d still be available when he was.  I think it was pick 87?

And in 2018, in the third round, we took...  no one.   We were picking near the top of the 3rd round and traded up a few picks to the bottom of the 2nd to takes DL Lewis.  Ballard  didn’t want to run the risk of losing a possible pass rusher he valued so he moved up to get him. 

So whoever you’re looking for, you have to ask...   are the circumstances realistic?

I’m not commenting on any player yet.   I don’t know them well enough.  But this is somewhat like chess.   See the whole board.  Try to see a number of moves ahead.   How deep is the position this year?   Factor the Law of supply and demand.  

Sorry this went so long. 

Archived