Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 QB Prospects - Out of Reach

14 hours ago, Aces101 said:

If Reich is looking for accuracy, high football IQ, and the ability to progress through all reads, then Kyle Trask is the fit.

I think he really just proved himself to all of his doubters against bama last night. Got ZERO run game, and put up 46 against an 11-0 team. Too bad Floridas defense can't stop a nose bleed.

On 12/20/2020 at 7:40 AM, NorthernColt said:

I think he really just proved himself to all of his doubters against bama last night. Got ZERO run game, and put up 46 against an 11-0 team. Too bad Floridas defense can't stop a nose bleed.

Perhaps you can enlighten me because I missed the game. I looked at the stats and it said Trask ran the ball 15 times for 0 yards 1 touchdown

Um wth...

Explain It Season 5 GIF by The Office

Lawrence, Fields, and Zach Wilson will go 1-2-3. ZW and Fields could swap. Trey Lance and Trask will probably go around 10 or low teens. Mac Jones will go somewhere in the 20s. If we have a guy we like, we’re gonna have to trade up. Do you think we have the assets to trade into 3 with the Bengals if Wilson is our guy? Watched his bowl game and he was electric. It would probably take multiple firsts and an elite player like Nelson/Leonard to move up that far.

5 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Lawrence, Fields, and Zach Wilson will go 1-2-3. ZW and Fields could swap. Trey Lance and Trask will probably go around 10 or low teens. Mac Jones will go somewhere in the 20s. If we have a guy we like, we’re gonna have to trade up. Do you think we have the assets to trade into 3 with the Bengals if Wilson is our guy? Watched his bowl game and he was electric. It would probably take multiple firsts and an elite player like Nelson/Leonard to move up that far.

No they won't top 3 will be this 

Lawrence Fields Sewell

Wilson will go around 8 to 15

Trask might go first round 

Jones might fall to the 2nd round 

I want to put my 2-cents in on the QB prospects, so here it is.

Star:

Trevor Lawrence

Starters:

Justin Fields

Trey Lance

Zach Wilson

Dev Starters:

Desmond Ridder

Mac Jones

Backups:

Brock Purdy

Jamie Newman

Kyle Trask

Kellen Mond

I think Kyle Trask is a future NFL journeyman QB, he won't make much of an impact. He misses too many throws and can't hit it deep all that much. For example:

Desmond Ridder is my favorite sleeper QB. He is a dynamic runner with a live arm. Could be a great sneaky addition.

12 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

I want to put my 2-cents in on the QB prospects, so here it is.

Star:

Trevor Lawrence

Starters:

Justin Fields

Trey Lance

Zach Wilson

Dev Starters:

Desmond Ridder

Mac Jones

Backups:

Brock Purdy

Jamie Newman

Kyle Trask

Kellen Mond

I think Kyle Trask is a future NFL journeyman QB, he won't make much of an impact. He misses too many throws and can't hit it deep all that much. For example:

Desmond Ridder is my favorite sleeper QB. He is a dynamic runner with a live arm. Could be a great sneaky addition.

https://youtu.be/1XJp1JGpbj0

On 12/22/2020 at 11:33 PM, danlhart87 said:

Perhaps you can enlighten me because I missed the game. I looked at the stats and it said Trask ran the ball 15 times for 0 yards 1 touchdown

Um wth...

Explain It Season 5 GIF by The Office

He actually showed some decent mobility which sounds odd considering his stat line. It was against the bama defense though. Florida's O line was so outmatched.

On 12/23/2020 at 1:26 PM, danlhart87 said:

No they won't top 3 will be this 

Lawrence Fields Sewell

Wilson will go around 8 to 15

Trask might go first round 

Jones might fall to the 2nd round 

I said this because of all the QB needy teams in front of us. I fully expect the Bengals to trade out of the #3 pick(assuming they pick 3) because they will have a ton of offers and will be able to use the trade to build around Burrow. Jags, Jets, falcons, panthers, lions, giants, Broncos, Vikings, 9ers, Patriots are all teams in front of us needing a QB or are looking for a replacement. No way Wilson falls out of the top 10. It would be nice for us if he fell into a spot where we could trade up, but it’s just not gonna happen. 

2 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

I said this because of all the QB needy teams in front of us. I fully expect the Bengals to trade out of the #3 pick(assuming they pick 3) because they will have a ton of offers and will be able to use the trade to build around Burrow. Jags, Jets, falcons, panthers, lions, giants, Broncos, Vikings, 9ers, Patriots are all teams in front of us needing a QB or are looking for a replacement. No way Wilson falls out of the top 10. It would be nice for us if he fell into a spot where we could trade up, but it’s just not gonna happen. 

Sewell is the best LT prospect in a very long time.   A future HoF.   He is to LT what Nelson is to guards, but he plays the most important position on the line.   I’m not sure Cincy can afford to trade down and not take the kid.   He’s needed to protect Burrow. 

On 12/23/2020 at 3:36 PM, danlhart87 said:

Forgot Lance he will go around mid 20s 

They feel he needs to sit for a year is what I’m hearing. He’s fallen out of favor with teams because they feel he’s a project. Zach Wilson has bumped him out of the top 3 convo. But if he’s there Ballard needs to make the pick. Get a QB for today’s NFL game. Plus we may end up picking 18.

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sewell is the best LT prospect in a very long time.   A future HoF.   He is to LT what Nelson is to guards, but he plays the most important position on the line.   I’m not sure Cincy can afford to trade down and not take the kid.   He’s needed to protect Burrow. 

I don’t doubt that, but if they’re offered multiple firsts and 2nds to move down a few spots then they should take it. They’re more than a good LT away from being a good team so take the picks. Plus he could still be there around 5-8. 

Archived