Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 QB Prospects - Out of Reach


Recommended Posts

This year has some good options for QB in my eyes but unfortunately will be gone before our first pick.  With the draft process though every year you have guys rise up the board and others fall.  With the QB's coming into the draft this year though I see about 6 to 8 teams really wanting a QB.  The first round could easily have 6 guys go within the top 15-20 picks.  Here are my top QB's coming into the draft and where I see them drafted.  I will say though, after these guys you do not have great options in the 2nd or later rounds.  Jamie Newman might be the next guy after my first 6 that comes off the board.  He looked good last year at Wake Forest but when he transferred to Georgia he could have really helped his draft stock.  Instead he opted out for the year.  This does not help him and he better impress in the draft process to be scene as a top QB.  I see him as a mid 2nd rounder but not a bad guy if we looked at him.  

 

Trevor Lawrence - Clear cut #1  Probably the best QB prospect since Luck

Justin Fields - I see as clear cut #2, has not looked amazing but has everything teams want in todays NFL.

Zac Wilson - I see going 4 or 5.  He has shown this year that he is a good prospect who can move in the pocket as well.

Trey Lance - I see going top 10.  He has a good arm and can move which is what teams love.  Has limited starts but once the draft process starts (Combine/Pro days) he can show off the key intangibles. Will go right after Wilson IMO.

Kyle Trask - Top 10 and is having a phenomenal year (Current Heisman hopeful).  He has shown that he can make all the throws needed and has your pocket passer down.  He can move but not as well as the other guys above of him.  This guy to me, next to Lawrence, will be the stud of the draft assuming he goes to a decent team and offense.

Mac Jones - Top 20 and looks similar to Trask but has top tier weapons that make him look better than he might be.  Still a good pocket passer. Will be over drafted once the rush for QB's starts.

 

After the draft is done I do not see us drafting a QB.  I see other areas being looked at and us using FA to secure a QB short term.  Let me know thoughts and if you see another QB rush this year like I do.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jones seems like the guy Ballard would want.  A good QB but fits the "not about one player" statement.  I think he'll last to our pick in round 1 because other teams in the middle of the first who might not see Jones as an immediate upgrade to what they have will go DE  or some other player who can put them into the playoff.

 

But would you take Jones with a mid/late first when Eason is here?

 

I'm not sure that drafting QB is realistic this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Jones seems like the guy Ballard would want.  A good QB but fits the "not about one player" statement.  I think he'll last to our pick in round 1 because other teams in the middle of the first who might not see Jones as an immediate upgrade to what they have will go DE  or some other player who can put them into the playoff.

 

But would you take Jones with a mid/late first when Eason is here?

 

I'm not sure that drafting QB is realistic this year.

I agree with you that Jones could last until later in the first.  With Eason here I am not sure that we draft anyone either.  I see FA being where we find the QB and allow Eason time to develop with hopefully a full off-season and preseason next year.  Do you see us keeping either Rivers or JB for next year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I agree with you that Jones could last until later in the first.  With Eason here I am not sure that we draft anyone either.  I see FA being where we find the QB and allow Eason time to develop with hopefully a full off-season and preseason next year.  Do you see us keeping either Rivers or JB for next year?

JB is gone.  Makes no sense to keep him.  I'm assuming that Eason's inactivity on game day has more to do with resource management needed to win each game and we already have a backup.  Its not a reflection on Eason, IMO.

 

I expect Eason will be the backup next year.

 

Rivers will come back if he wants to.  I think its Rivers/Eason and probably somebody on PS next year.  I'm fine with that.  I think that we can win with that combo if we upgrade the few holes that need upgrading and the players that we need to step up, step up.  We all know who they are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DougDew said:

JB is gone.  Makes no sense to keep him.  I'm assuming that Eason's inactivity on game day has more to do with resource management needed to win each game and we already have a backup.  Its not a reflection on Eason, IMO.

 

I expect Eason will be the backup next year.

 

Rivers will come back if he wants to.  I think its Rivers/Eason and probably somebody on PS next year.  I'm fine with that.  I think that we can win with that combo if we upgrade the few holes that need upgrading and the players that we need to step up, step up.  We all know who they are.

I agree with you as long as Rivers is helpful with salary.  That is the only thing I see as an issue with him coming back next year.  We have a lot of moving pieces this off-season so money will be important.  Also, Eason not dressing each game is for sure because we need open spots in other areas I agree with that.  JB to me will go somewhere as a backup and will just float around the league for a few years before he fades away.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Depending on who the teams selecting early are, those players might or might not be reachable. If the Bengals for example are 1 or 2 it's very possible they trade back and if there a team willing to trade back then there really isn't anything out of reach.... as long as you are willing to give up the assets to do it. Not sure Ballard is the type that will give up multiple 1sts for a QB... so... I don't know... 

 

Oh also, I wanted to say... it's HIGHLY unlikely all of those go top 10 or 20. IMO Trask and Mac Jones are more likely to be late 1st-second rounders than to be top 20... 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Depending on who the teams selecting early are, those players might or might not be reachable. If the Bengals for example are 1 or 2 it's very possible they trade back and if there a team willing to trade back then there really isn't anything out of reach.... as long as you are willing to give up the assets to do it. Not sure Ballard is the type that will give up multiple 1sts for a QB... so... I don't know... 

 

Oh also, I wanted to say... it's HIGHLY unlikely all of those go top 10 or 20. IMO Trask and Mac Jones are more likely to be late 1st-second rounders than to be top 20... 

This is based on currently looking at and seeing the top 15 picks being the same teams just slight movement.  Cincy picks 3 or 4 and they take Sowell, stud LT. Other than that you still have 4 QB's for teams such as Jets, Jags, Washington, Carolina, Chicago, NE are a few teams that have been linked to 1st Round QB's.  All should be picking within top 15 or 20.  Trask and Jones seem to be perfect NE and Chicago fits.  Of course, you could still have someone fall to end of 1st or 2nd round I get that.  I am just assume a run on QB's get teams doing the classic over draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Interesting

10 hours ago, ar7 said:

Is anyone familiar with Desmond Ridder out of Cincinnati? I've seen his name thrown around as a potential riser to go in day 2.

 

 

 

He is more of a runner I believe.  Have not watched much of him but not sure what his throwing abilities are or if he is a Lamar type.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Mac Jones, eh? I remember Alabama fans were thrashing him last year, is he having a better year now? 

He has 2,700 yds with 23 TDs and 3 INT's.  76% Comp rate and the best overall QBR in college football in 8 games.  He is having a great year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

He has 2,700 yds with 23 TDs and 3 INT's.  76% Comp rate and the best overall QBR in college football in 8 games.  He is having a great year.

Just watched some of his videos. He's got a great release and throwing motion. Pocket awareness seems pretty good too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2020 at 6:56 AM, DaColts85 said:

This year has some good options for QB in my eyes but unfortunately will be gone before our first pick.  With the draft process though every year you have guys rise up the board and others fall.  With the QB's coming into the draft this year though I see about 6 to 8 teams really wanting a QB.  The first round could easily have 6 guys go within the top 15-20 picks.  Here are my top QB's coming into the draft and where I see them drafted.  I will say though, after these guys you do not have great options in the 2nd or later rounds.  Jamie Newman might be the next guy after my first 6 that comes off the board.  He looked good last year at Wake Forest but when he transferred to Georgia he could have really helped his draft stock.  Instead he opted out for the year.  This does not help him and he better impress in the draft process to be scene as a top QB.  I see him as a mid 2nd rounder but not a bad guy if we looked at him.  

 

Trevor Lawrence - Clear cut #1  Probably the best QB prospect since Luck

Justin Fields - I see as clear cut #2, has not looked amazing but has everything teams want in todays NFL.

Zac Wilson - I see going 4 or 5.  He has shown this year that he is a good prospect who can move in the pocket as well.

Trey Lance - I see going top 10.  He has a good arm and can move which is what teams love.  Has limited starts but once the draft process starts (Combine/Pro days) he can show off the key intangibles. Will go right after Wilson IMO.

Kyle Trask - Top 10 and is having a phenomenal year (Current Heisman hopeful).  He has shown that he can make all the throws needed and has your pocket passer down.  He can move but not as well as the other guys above of him.  This guy to me, next to Lawrence, will be the stud of the draft assuming he goes to a decent team and offense.

Mac Jones - Top 20 and looks similar to Trask but has top tier weapons that make him look better than he might be.  Still a good pocket passer. Will be over drafted once the rush for QB's starts.

 

After the draft is done I do not see us drafting a QB.  I see other areas being looked at and us using FA to secure a QB short term.  Let me know thoughts and if you see another QB rush this year like I do.

 

 

 

 

Don't mean to be argumentative,  but.....

 

The chances of 5 QB's going in the top-10 I think are Slim and None, and Slim has already left town.    I believe the last time 5 QB's went in the top-10 is....    Never.     Off the top of my head MAYBE the famous '83 draft?  

 

And 6 in the top 20?    Again,  highly not likely.     

 

And some of these guys, while getting a lot of attention, the scouts are going to pick them apart in ways that fans don't.

 

At least one of these guys will likely fall out of the first round.    Maybe more than one.    

 

And remember,  of the five quarterbacks taken just a few years ago in 2018,  the best one came....  with the 32nd pick, Lamar Jackson.    The famous top-4 of Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen and Allen is not looking so great.    Allen appears to be getting the most love of these four.   People appear to be 50/50 on Mayfield.   Darnold has been mishandled and looks questionable at best.   And Rosen appears to be a bust.     So, maybe 2 out of the top 4 appear to be worth the pick.    And then there's Jackson who has exceeded expectations of many.   

 

I'm just saying predicting QB's, especially this early,  is an invitation for a misevaluation.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Don't mean to be argumentative,  but.....

 

The chances of 5 QB's going in the top-10 I think are Slim and None, and Slim has already left town.    I believe the last time 5 QB's went in the top-10 is....    Never.     Off the top of my head MAYBE the famous '83 draft?  

 

And 6 in the top 20?    Again,  highly not likely.     

 

And some of these guys, while getting a lot of attention, the scouts are going to pick them apart in ways that fans don't.

 

At least one of these guys will likely fall out of the first round.    Maybe more than one.    

 

And remember,  of the five quarterbacks taken just a few years ago in 2018,  the best one came....  with the 32nd pick, Lamar Jackson.    The famous top-4 of Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen and Allen is not looking so great.    Allen appears to be getting the most love of these four.   People appear to be 50/50 on Mayfield.   Darnold has been mishandled and looks questionable at best.   And Rosen appears to be a bust.     So, maybe 2 out of the top 4 appear to be worth the pick.    And then there's Jackson who has exceeded expectations of many.   

 

I'm just saying predicting QB's, especially this early,  is an invitation for a misevaluation.

 

Could I be wrong... of course and no argument there. But every year things are different so to mention the 2018 draft means absolutely nothing to me or this year. If anything it shows teams that still need someone who could pull an Arizona and start fresh. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2020 at 11:00 AM, DougDew said:

Jones seems like the guy Ballard would want.  A good QB but fits the "not about one player" statement.  I think he'll last to our pick in round 1 because other teams in the middle of the first who might not see Jones as an immediate upgrade to what they have will go DE  or some other player who can put them into the playoff.

 

But would you take Jones with a mid/late first when Eason is here?

 

I'm not sure that drafting QB is realistic this year.

Idk about that because Ballard and Reich definitely revealed before (via pressers) and after the draft (by drafting Eason) what they like In QBs. It seems size, arm strength, accuracy, and IQ are the big things. Jacoby, Eason, and Rivers are all 6’5” with cannon arms and were accurate coming out/in the league.

 

Jones seems more like that Washington State kid that everyone loved in the draft that they said could be a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick but went undrafted. Anthony Gordon was his name.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Idk about that because Ballard and Reich definitely revealed before (via pressers) and after the draft (by drafting Eason) what they like In QBs. It seems size, arm strength, accuracy, and IQ are the big things. Jacoby, Eason, and Rivers are all 6’5” with cannon arms and were accurate coming out/in the league.

 

Jones seems more like that Washington State kid that everyone loved in the draft that they said could be a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick but went undrafted. Anthony Gordon was his name.

Could be.  IIRC, Frank mentioned accuracy and IQ, I'm not sure he ever directly mentioned height or strong arm, but of course, accuracy and IQ being equal among candidates, bigger and stronger is better.  I haven't seen Jones play much, but he seems to be bigger and stronger than Gordon, but he's certainly no Eason.

 

I don't think we draft a QB this year any way.  Unless Lawrence gets entangled in an assault charge or something and drops.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Could be.  IIRC, Frank mentioned accuracy and IQ, I'm not sure he ever directly mentioned height or strong arm, but of course, accuracy and IQ being equal among candidates, bigger and stronger is better.  I haven't seen Jones play much, but he seems to be bigger and stronger than Gordon, but he's certainly no Eason.

 

I don't think we draft a QB this year any way.  Unless Lawrence gets entangled in an assault charge or something and drops.

I agree. LT and DE question marks are looming for this team. 

 

If Rivers doesn't return, I could actually see us picking up another vet with Eason as backup. I wouldn't necessarily like that idea, but it makes sense considering all of the positions we need to improve. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I agree. LT and DE question marks are looming for this team. 

 

If Rivers doesn't return, I could actually see us picking up another vet with Eason as backup. I wouldn't necessarily like that idea, but it makes sense considering all of the positions we need to improve. 

I don't really like the Vet options if Rivers leaves. I say rookie or new QB

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2020 at 10:42 AM, DougDew said:

Could be.  IIRC, Frank mentioned accuracy and IQ, I'm not sure he ever directly mentioned height or strong arm, but of course, accuracy and IQ being equal among candidates, bigger and stronger is better.  I haven't seen Jones play much, but he seems to be bigger and stronger than Gordon, but he's certainly no Eason.

 

I don't think we draft a QB this year any way.  Unless Lawrence gets entangled in an assault charge or something and drops.


Well the size and arm talent is just a hypothesis based on the guys we’ve seen them bring in to play QB. We’ve never had a QB under Ballard who didn’t have a big arm or was under 6’4”. Except for Kelly.

 

But yeah maybe we don’t draft a QB this year. Ballard doesn’t seem really interested in seriously fixing the QB situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:


Well the size and arm talent is just a hypothesis based on the guys we’ve seen them bring in to play QB. We’ve never had a QB under Ballard who didn’t have a big arm or was under 6’4”. Except for Kelly.

 

But yeah maybe we don’t draft a QB this year. Ballard doesn’t seem really interested in seriously fixing the QB situation.

Just how do you come up with the conclusion Ballard is not interested in fixing the QB situation? 

He signed Rivers and benched Brissett. He also drafted Eason.

As it stands right now no one including me or you knows what is on Ballard's mind. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Zach Hicks with Stampede Blue has a nice article about Trey Lance today. 

 

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2020/12/5/22154397/college-scouting-notebook-full-analysis-of-ndsu-qb-trey-lance?utm_campaign=stampedeblue&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

 

It's hard to project where Lance will go but he is certainly one to watch. Right now it seems like Lance could be a top 15 pick so it would take a trade up to make happen. (which I think the Colts would do if they really believe in the player)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just how do you come up with the conclusion Ballard is not interested in fixing the QB situation? 

He signed Rivers and benched Brissett. He also drafted Eason.

As it stands right now no one including me or you knows what is on Ballard's mind. 

Because he hasn’t made any serious investments in QB yet. Brissett was the best option in 2019 given the fact that Luck’s retirement was short notice. He hasn’t spent serious money or draft capital on a QB...YET!!! He still can but given the fact that the top 4 QBs will likely go in the top 15 and he isn’t one to trade the house and go get a QB, it’s not crazy to say he isn’t interested in really fixing the QB situation. Rivers is a band-aid. Eason is a shot In the dark. Those aren’t solutions. Maybe he’ll prove me wrong in the 2021 draft/off-season though.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Because he hasn’t made any serious investments in QB yet. Brissett was the best option in 2019 given the fact that Luck’s retirement was short notice. He hasn’t spent serious money or draft capital on a QB...YET!!! He still can but given the fact that the top 4 QBs will likely go in the top 15 and he isn’t one to trade the house and go get a QB, it’s not crazy to say he isn’t interested in really fixing the QB situation. Rivers is a band-aid. Eason is a shot In the dark. Those aren’t solutions. Maybe he’ll prove me wrong in the 2021 draft/off-season though.

“It’s not too crazy to say he isn’t interested in really fixing the QB situation.”

 

Oh,  Dear God!    

 

So this is your conclusion based on the last 15 months?!?   That covered exactly one draft and one free agency period!   Madness!

 

Who are you and what have you done with Defjamz?!?   Please return him safely and we won’t ask any questions. 
 

Why you feel the need to jump to such conclusions is astounding.  Andrew Luck just up and retired late August of ‘19.   So, 15 months is nothing.  It’s barely a blip.  
 

Who wants a GM who panics and overspends just to get a guy who has roughly a 50/50 shot at being a bust?   You just have no patience.  And you’re not alone.  There are others here who don’t as well.   You guys seem incapable of enjoying the journey.   I’m sorry this is your view. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2020 at 5:37 PM, danlhart87 said:

I don't really like the Vet options if Rivers leaves. I say rookie or new QB

I don't like it either, but we do have some major holes to fill on this team if we want to make that step into yearly Super Bowl contention. 

 

@NewColtsFan mentioned the fact that it's unheard of for so many QBs to be taken in the early rounds, and I agree with that. Some will fall down the list. And if one falls into the laps of our administration, it will be interesting to see what they'll do. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I don't like it either, but we do have some major holes to fill on this team if we want to make that step into yearly Super Bowl contention. 

 

@NewColtsFan mentioned the fact that it's unheard of for so many QBs to be taken in the early rounds, and I agree with that. Some will fall down the list. And if one falls into the laps of our administration, it will be interesting to see what they'll do. 

I’ve actually heard that Trey Lance could be the one that falls. He has such a small sample size and people fee he may need to sit for a year. Right now the popular pick mocking him to the Redskins which does make sense with Smith being healthy now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2020 at 11:00 AM, DougDew said:

Jones seems like the guy Ballard would want.  A good QB but fits the "not about one player" statement.  I think he'll last to our pick in round 1 because other teams in the middle of the first who might not see Jones as an immediate upgrade to what they have will go DE  or some other player who can put them into the playoff.

 

But would you take Jones with a mid/late first when Eason is here?

 

I'm not sure that drafting QB is realistic this year.

 

I agree. You will have potential FA QBs or QBs teams might want to move on in Matt Ryan, Sam Darnold, Carson Wentz, Mitch Trubisky etc. that we don't need to restock via the draft for the QB position this year. Plus, Rivers has not given us a major reason yet and I don't think he pulls an "Andrew Luck" for sure. We will know well before the draft if he is coming back or if we are bringing him back for sure. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’ve actually heard that Trey Lance could be the one that falls. He has such a small sample size and people fee he may need to sit for a year. Right now the popular pick mocking him to the Redskins which does make sense with Smith being healthy now. 

I’ve heard the opposite. He has been continuously mocked to the redskins but I have still heard he and Wilson and even Fields will jockey for the next best pick. Sample size hasn’t mattered to the last few drafts with QB’s being drafted after the same type of sample size. He has good characteristics that teams look for. Outside of Trevor the next three are mobile guys. Trask I see going higher than most because I see him getting the Heisman and there will be teams that want that solid pocket passer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

 

17 hours ago, Nadine said:

Recent and too specific to lock or merge

As I am scrolling through to look at different threads I am seeing a lot of threads currently being merged. I have an issue with merging into different sections of the forum (like a topic being discussed in FA to be merged with a topic in Colts football) because while yes the same topic is being discussed i believe it is discussed in different lengths in different sections of the forums. To add to that different players and prospects deserve their own thread and are easily over looked when its been merged into a larger threads. I definitely don't agree that a thread to discuss Kyle Trask should be lumped into a mega thread including every single possible draftee, free agent, or whose on the current roster. I've noticed more and more merges on the forum in all sorts of topics and to be honest i really dislike it, taking ultra specific post and putting it in mega threads just to be lost when i believe they are deserving of their own. I would be more than happy to discuss this through pm's but i felt my opinion on this subject with the amount of time i've been apart of this forum was worth airing this grievance out. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2020 at 5:48 PM, Defjamz26 said:


Well the size and arm talent is just a hypothesis based on the guys we’ve seen them bring in to play QB. We’ve never had a QB under Ballard who didn’t have a big arm or was under 6’4”. Except for Kelly.

 

But yeah maybe we don’t draft a QB this year. Ballard doesn’t seem really interested in seriously fixing the QB situation.

 

I don't think we can know what Ballard is thinking honestly.

 

If he wants to trade up it looks like there will be plenty of opportunities.  Right now the current draft order as it stands is 

 

1. Jets

2. Jacksonville

3. Cincy

4. Dallas

5. Chargers

6. Philly 

7. Carolina

8. Atlanta

9. Miami -> Via Houston

10. Denver

 

Cincy, Dallas, Chargers, and Philly already have a QB.  Unless they are really dead set on another player these are teams that are probably going to want to trade down for a team that's desperate for a QB.  

 

That said, most likely any trade up here would be expensive and would at the very least involve sending a 2022 first rounder.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, twfish said:

 

As I am scrolling through to look at different threads I am seeing a lot of threads currently being merged. I have an issue with merging into different sections of the forum (like a topic being discussed in FA to be merged with a topic in Colts football) because while yes the same topic is being discussed i believe it is discussed in different lengths in different sections of the forums. To add to that different players and prospects deserve their own thread and are easily over looked when its been merged into a larger threads. I definitely don't agree that a thread to discuss Kyle Trask should be lumped into a mega thread including every single possible draftee, free agent, or whose on the current roster. I've noticed more and more merges on the forum in all sorts of topics and to be honest i really dislike it, taking ultra specific post and putting it in mega threads just to be lost when i believe they are deserving of their own. I would be more than happy to discuss this through pm's but i felt my opinion on this subject with the amount of time i've been apart of this forum was worth airing this grievance out. 

We do try to avoid merging discussions that don't make sense when merged together

 

I only merged generic '2021 qb prospect threads'

 

Some old threads I locked and linked.  Let me know if you feel a thread should be unlocked

 

Please use the report link to do this, it makes it way easier to deal with efficiently

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nadine said:

We do try to avoid merging discussions that don't make sense when merged together

 

I only merged generic '2021 qb prospect threads'

 

Some old threads I locked and linked.  Let me know if you feel a thread should be unlocked

 

Please use the report link to do this, it makes it way easier to deal with efficiently

I saw no problem with the decision you made with the suggestions of @danlhart87 and others

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

 

I don't think we can know what Ballard is thinking honestly.

 

If he wants to trade up it looks like there will be plenty of opportunities.  Right now the current draft order as it stands is 

 

1. Jets

2. Jacksonville

3. Cincy

4. Dallas

5. Chargers

6. Philly 

7. Carolina

8. Atlanta

9. Miami -> Via Houston

10. Denver

 

Cincy, Dallas, Chargers, and Philly already have a QB.  Unless they are really dead set on another player these are teams that are probably going to want to trade down for a team that's desperate for a QB.  

 

That said, most likely any trade up here would be expensive and would at the very least involve sending a 2022 first rounder.  

 

 

Dallas does not for sure have a QB. Prescott is a FA that either signs a contract or gets tagged. Or he leaves in FA. They could easily draft a QB and let him walk. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...