Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who's gonna be punting on Sunday?

41 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Boomstick is fighting in a cage match Sunday for the NXT. 

I also doubt he has much interest in a comeback and I don’t think the Colts want to relay on a guy who hasn’t punted in a NFL game in years.  Look at what happened when the Titans turned to a guy who had been out of the NFL vs the Colts.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Simpler explanation is that they excluded Sweat due to medical.
    • I think there are several factors...but we aren't privy to their process. One thing that hasn't really continue to work out is putting a huge emphasis on the Senior Bowl. Worked tremendously well with Leonard and Smith...but not so well with others.   But I think the plan was to build the trenches first...with an overall focus on the defense. The problem is that just using early picks at those positions doesn't necessarily work. Other teams are smart too...and truly good pass rushers and CBs don't last very long. So in effect, they were over-drafting EDGE guys at times.   A bigger aspect too...is that many of these players were projects...either through where they were in their development OR how they intended to use them.    Then you have the Sweat trade back. Ballard is clearly not averse to risk...so I will never get how he passed on a chance to draft an SEC EDGE who put up 30 sacks over two seasons (and had just blown up the Combine). There is just no way to spin it...either they missed the evaluation OR they liked Banogu more. But that one move would have changed the outlook of their team needs dramatically. As would have drafting Brown or Metcalf.   On that note, it wasn't until his 3rd year that they spent a Day 1-2 pick on a skill position...and even that player was a project. They still have yet to draft a TE early...despite how much they utilize the position (and despite both Ballard and Reich coming from organizations that had tremendous success from investing in the position).   But I understand why they took their initial approach...and fortunately it seems to have shifted...with the drafting of Pittman and Taylor...and I hope they continue to invest on that side of the ball.  
    • Yes, it'll be interesting to see how the selection committee decides.   It's not a particularly loaded class, which may be good for Reggie.   Calvin Johnson was such a freakish athlete that I think he's got a strong case at WR, too... though Reggie has ~3k more yards than him and ~1k more yards than the other WR on the ballot, Torry Holt.  Megatron has 83 TDs to Reggie's 82 (both trump Holt's 74).  Reggie's got 150 more receptions than Holt (1070 to 920), which both trump Megatron's 731.  So regular season wise, Reggie's 10th in yards and receptions... post-season wise the only more productive WRs than him in league history have been Jerry Rice and Julian Edelman in terms of receptions, and he's top 5 in yards and top 10 in TDs. Holt was also on the 2nd team 2000's all-decade team whereas Reggie and CJ were not 1st or 2nd team.   Not guaranteeing it, but it'd be very cool to see Reggie and Peyton go in together.  I don't really see anyone else on the list aside from Peyton and Woodson who are clearly more deserving than Reggie.  IMO, Reggie's biggest critiques will be that he was WR 2 to Marv for a decent chunk of his career.  He also wasn't on the 2000's all decade team and has just 1 first team all-pro and 2 2nd team all pro appearances.   John Lynch (8x), Faneca (6x) and Boselli (5x) have all been on the ballot a while, which may help their case over Reggie... and Jared Allen's 136 sacks are pretty impressive as well as his 4x first-team all pro (but his sacks are only 12th all time - whereas Reg is top 10 in two WR categories and one of best post-season WRs in history).  Richard Seymour was on the first team 2000's all decade team and has multiple (3) 1st team and (2) 2nd team all-pros and multiple SB rings.  Ronde Barber and Zach Thomas were both 2nd team 2000's all decade team and multiple 1st and 2nd team all-pros.  LeRoy Butler has 4x first-team all pros and was on the 1990's all decade team.  I don't think Clay Matthews Jr. or Sam Mills really have a shot, other than their age.. but IMO they didn't have HOF worth careers (CM Jr. 1x 2nd team all pro, Sam Mills 1x first team, 2x 2nd team all-pro and has a cool story of coming from a D3 school and playing in the USFL before making it to NFL.. but his numbers don't really scream HOF to me).
  • Members

• davidshoff

davidshoff 1

Rookie
    • jvan1973

jvan1973 4,682

• danlhart87

danlhart87 6,096

• RomanianColtsFan

RomanianColtsFan 11

• ar7

ar7 235