Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeForest Buckner Colts 2020 MVP


Recommended Posts

Colts traded for Buckner and he has far surpassed my expectations. 

 

The Titans came to town and put a whooping on the Colts without Buckner. Henry alone rushed 27 times for 178 yards (6.6 YPC)

 

You take those numbers and subtract them from the yearly average and that leads you to 270 attempts to 943 yards (3.5 YPC)

 

And finally to further push the envelope Titans Derrick Henry ran 19 times for 103 yards (5.4 YPC) with Buckner in lineup. 

 

He alone makes the D better and has helped turn this team around. We all saw the difference he makes this past Sunday and all of you should understand Ballard trading 13.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

He’s had a couple of weak games imo, but he’s also the heart of the D. He’s constantly getting them pumped up, and that’s hard to replace

He's the obvious vocal leader of the D but has played poorly several times

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 6:28 PM, chickenMan said:

Buckner and Leonard are my current two. Maybe Hines as well. I don’t think we win seven games without those three

Definitely not Leonard. This is probably his worst year as a pro so far. Buckner is easily the most valuable player on our team right next to phillip rivers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Definitely not Leonard. This is probably his worst year as a pro so far. Buckner is easily the most valuable player on our team right next to phillip rivers.

I would agree he’s not the MVP but I think people here are being overly harsh on Leonard.  He’s still had a very good year by anyway you measure.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I would agree he’s not the MVP but I think people here are being overly harsh on Leonard.  He’s still had a very good year by anyway you measure.

Yeah, he's been DROY, all pro, pro bowler, nfl tackles leader etc right off the bat so a solid/good overall but not great season is seen as an off year.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IinD said:

Yeah, he's been DROY, all pro, pro bowler, nfl tackles leader etc right off the bat so a solid/good overall but not great season is seen as an off year.

Something to factor in is that he now has Buckner in front of him who is making plays before the ball carrier gets to the linebackers so it’s only natural for his numbers to go down a little.  In this case that’s a good thing.  The way I see it the Colts now have two true studs on defense in Buckner and Leonard.  Moore isn’t far behind them.  If he was an every down corner he’d probably be up there with them but still Kenny is a really good player.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Something to factor in is that he now has Buckner in front of him who is making plays before the ball carrier gets to the linebackers so it’s only natural for his numbers to go down a little.  In this case that’s a good thing.  The way I see it the Colts now have two true studs on defense in Buckner and Leonard.  Moore isn’t far behind them.  If he was an every down corner he’d probably be up there with them but still Kenny is a really good player.

Agreed..

Totally random, but Kenny for whatever reason reminds me of our old boy Jennings that we loved to hate for years. Simply in terms of scrappiness/toughness.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bestQBever said:

Definitely not Leonard. This is probably his worst year as a pro so far. Buckner is easily the most valuable player on our team right next to phillip rivers.

Leonard has been fantastic this year. I honestly don’t understand the disdain for him. Has he been perfect? No. Has he been as good as he thinks he is? No. But is he a large reason why we’ve won so many games this year? I absolutely think so. Leonard isn’t just skills and playmaking either; the leadership and energy he brings to the team is invaluable

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2020 at 2:13 AM, danlhart87 said:

Colts traded for Buckner and he has far surpassed my expectations. 

 

The Titans came to town and put a whooping on the Colts without Buckner. Henry alone rushed 27 times for 178 yards (6.6 YPC)

 

You take those numbers and subtract them from the yearly average and that leads you to 270 attempts to 943 yards (3.5 YPC)

 

And finally to further push the envelope Titans Derrick Henry ran 19 times for 103 yards (5.4 YPC) with Buckner in lineup. 

 

He alone makes the D better and has helped turn this team around. We all saw the difference he makes this past Sunday and all of you should understand Ballard trading 13.

 

What a treat as a colts fan, we get to pick which one of our star players is the MVP, hard to argue Buckner is a monster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • You are too emotional.   I was speaking of trading for an unknown.   So you would have been fine making that trade to draft Trubisky, who was predicted to go in the same draft position as Herbert?   
    • Are you serious right now? Do you honestly think the Chargers would trade Herbert right now today for Buckner, Pittman and Taylor? Not in a million years. It sounds like you're suggesting that price would be too high for the Colts to pay?   Did you see what it took to get Matt Stafford? Do you hear what it would take to get Watson or Wilson? The entire NFL knows what half of this forum doesn't seem to understand - a franchise QB is worth whatever it costs to get them and you get them whenever you can. You know the best way not to give up 3 firsts and 2 seconds for Watson? Draft one yourself. Ballard knew 1000000% that Luck wasn't coming back last year and you're happy that he got a DT, RB, and WR instead of a franchise QB? If Ballard thinks a team will win a Super Bowl with average QB play that's supported by an All Pro DT he's wrong and so are you if you think average QB's win Super Bowls.    Its also so funny to me that in this SPECIFIC thread I hear nonstop that Grigson only got good results because he drafted a great QB. His record and playoff wins dont count because he drafted a great QB. Then why aren't you and everyone else on this forum destroying Ballard for NOT drafting a great QB? Heck that's all it takes right, just ask Grigson?  
    • Restructures in this case would just convert salary into bonus, which reduces the player's cap hit in the current season. The player gets the same amount of money that season, he just gets some bonus money sooner. This isn't something players have a problem with.  
    • At this time, I would too.   But it isn't as much of a gamble now.  Would you have bee fine with the same trade but drafting Trubisky, who was also mocked to go in the later half of the top 10.  
  • Members

    • coltsfanej

      coltsfanej 289

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jvan1973

      jvan1973 5,356

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Defjamz26

      Defjamz26 2,052

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shive

      Shive 1,990

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 2,052

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Archer

      Archer 606

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mitch Connors

      Mitch Connors 304

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nadine

      Nadine 6,440

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Coltsfan1953

      Coltsfan1953 121

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PeterBowman

      PeterBowman 1,444

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...