Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeForest Buckner Colts 2020 MVP

Colts traded for Buckner and he has far surpassed my expectations. 

The Titans came to town and put a whooping on the Colts without Buckner. Henry alone rushed 27 times for 178 yards (6.6 YPC)

You take those numbers and subtract them from the yearly average and that leads you to 270 attempts to 943 yards (3.5 YPC)

And finally to further push the envelope Titans Derrick Henry ran 19 times for 103 yards (5.4 YPC) with Buckner in lineup. 

He alone makes the D better and has helped turn this team around. We all saw the difference he makes this past Sunday and all of you should understand Ballard trading 13.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

He’s had a couple of weak games imo, but he’s also the heart of the D. He’s constantly getting them pumped up, and that’s hard to replace

He's the obvious vocal leader of the D but has played poorly several times

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 6:28 PM, chickenMan said:

Buckner and Leonard are my current two. Maybe Hines as well. I don’t think we win seven games without those three

Definitely not Leonard. This is probably his worst year as a pro so far. Buckner is easily the most valuable player on our team right next to phillip rivers.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Definitely not Leonard. This is probably his worst year as a pro so far. Buckner is easily the most valuable player on our team right next to phillip rivers.

I would agree he’s not the MVP but I think people here are being overly harsh on Leonard.  He’s still had a very good year by anyway you measure.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I would agree he’s not the MVP but I think people here are being overly harsh on Leonard.  He’s still had a very good year by anyway you measure.

Yeah, he's been DROY, all pro, pro bowler, nfl tackles leader etc right off the bat so a solid/good overall but not great season is seen as an off year.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, IinD said:

Yeah, he's been DROY, all pro, pro bowler, nfl tackles leader etc right off the bat so a solid/good overall but not great season is seen as an off year.

Something to factor in is that he now has Buckner in front of him who is making plays before the ball carrier gets to the linebackers so it’s only natural for his numbers to go down a little.  In this case that’s a good thing.  The way I see it the Colts now have two true studs on defense in Buckner and Leonard.  Moore isn’t far behind them.  If he was an every down corner he’d probably be up there with them but still Kenny is a really good player.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Something to factor in is that he now has Buckner in front of him who is making plays before the ball carrier gets to the linebackers so it’s only natural for his numbers to go down a little.  In this case that’s a good thing.  The way I see it the Colts now have two true studs on defense in Buckner and Leonard.  Moore isn’t far behind them.  If he was an every down corner he’d probably be up there with them but still Kenny is a really good player.

Agreed..

Totally random, but Kenny for whatever reason reminds me of our old boy Jennings that we loved to hate for years. Simply in terms of scrappiness/toughness.

15 hours ago, bestQBever said:

Leonard has been fantastic this year. I honestly don’t understand the disdain for him. Has he been perfect? No. Has he been as good as he thinks he is? No. But is he a large reason why we’ve won so many games this year? I absolutely think so. Leonard isn’t just skills and playmaking either; the leadership and energy he brings to the team is invaluable

On 12/2/2020 at 2:13 AM, danlhart87 said:

Colts traded for Buckner and he has far surpassed my expectations. 

The Titans came to town and put a whooping on the Colts without Buckner. Henry alone rushed 27 times for 178 yards (6.6 YPC)

You take those numbers and subtract them from the yearly average and that leads you to 270 attempts to 943 yards (3.5 YPC)

And finally to further push the envelope Titans Derrick Henry ran 19 times for 103 yards (5.4 YPC) with Buckner in lineup. 

He alone makes the D better and has helped turn this team around. We all saw the difference he makes this past Sunday and all of you should understand Ballard trading 13.

What a treat as a colts fan, we get to pick which one of our star players is the MVP, hard to argue Buckner is a monster. 

• 2 weeks later...