Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I've convinced myself of this

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

Our very own Indiana Hoosiers proved 10 days ago that Justin Fields is very overrated

He's one of those gimmick QBs who will come in his rookie year and play lights out but will be basically average in 2 to 3 years.

Just now, danlhart87 said:

He's one of those gimmick QBs who will come in his rookie year and play lights out but will be basically average in 2 to 3 years.

Like most QBs he folds under pressure; IU was in his face all day and he threw three picks and looked bad. If you’re using the second overall on a QB, you want a Mahomes or a Manning, a guy who can hang in there and make throws under pressure; Fields likely can’t do that, at least not yet

5 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Like most QBs he folds under pressure; IU was in his face all day and he threw three picks and looked bad. If you’re using the second overall on a QB, you want a Mahomes or a Manning, a guy who can hang in there and make throws under pressure; Fields likely can’t do that, at least not yet

Which is why I don't mind him in Jacksonville 

54 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I hope and pray Lawrence doesn't end up on Jags. He alone will completely turn a franchise around.

I'm sure similar things were believed about Winston, Mariotta, Wentz, Darnold and just about every other college stud who was drafted real high by some team.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, chickenMan said:

Haven’t ever watched Lawrence play, so I can’t comment...that dude needs a haircut though, badly

He's ridiculous. Definitely the best QB prospect since Luck.

10 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

I'm sure similar things were believed about Winston, Mariotta, Wentz, Darnold and just about every other college stud who was drafted real high by some team.

I don't think any of them were as highly rated as prospects. They all had tools that excited teams, but also had known flaws. Lawrence is as complete of a QB prospect as you'll find. He's the kind of QB that can carry a bad team on his back like Luck did for us.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, chickenMan said:

Didn't people say that about herbert? 

7 minutes ago, Shive said:

He's ridiculous. Definitely the best QB prospect since Luck.

I don't think any of them were as highly rated as prospects. They all had tools that excited teams, but also had known flaws. Lawrence is as complete of a QB prospect as you'll find. He's the kind of QB that can carry a bad team on his back like Luck did for us.

Yeah but does  Lawrence  like going snowboarding???

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I'm convinced I shouldn't get too mad anymore because Mahomes is never going to lose another playoff game for the next 10 years.

Mahomes can be beaten, it’s just really tough. We slowed him down last year. The key to beating KC is their defense; their defense is very mediocre. If you can score points on them and limit Mahomes even a little bit, you have a chance

1 hour ago, chickenMan said:

I mean, does anyone think the Jets will be any better next year?

Getting rid of Adam Gase instantly makes them a better team. If they get rid of him, bring in even an average HC, and draft Lawrence, they could instantly turn things around. They added a good OT in Becton, a potential WR1 in Denzel Mims (on IR this season), and a few other really solid guys in the draft this year (I really liked OT Clark and Bryce Hall). They're not completely devoid of talent, just have a HC that is toxic. 

• Like 1