Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The problem at Lt

For an answer on some options the Colts are looking into, there's this from our own website:

https://www.colts.com/news/anthony-castonzo-ryan-kelly-deforest-buckner-injury-updates-covid-19-list

Clark is a consideration since he was the quick fill-in during the game. But Reich did say they're keeping their options open: including moving Smith or even Nelson to LT temporarily. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, csmopar said:

Put me in coach. I can at least get a few holding penalties.. 

In all seriousness, this made me wonder.... I doubt anyone on here has the combined size/quickness to lock on to an NFL DE enough to even manage to hold them long enough to draw a flag....lol

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

For an answer on some options the Colts are looking into, there's this from our own website:

https://www.colts.com/news/anthony-castonzo-ryan-kelly-deforest-buckner-injury-updates-covid-19-list

Clark is a consideration since he was the quick fill-in during the game. But Reich did say they're keeping their options open: including moving Smith or even Nelson to LT temporarily. 

please no clark 

9 hours ago, DougDew said:

I know this is a great forum to second guess every decision, but golly, isn't there a plan for this already or did the FO just realize that its possible for our starting LT to get rolled up on?

And that he's old and may want to retire?

There's no need for concern. This roster has more Depth than any other colt roster ever. Reich will plug in someone competent. 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Remember that movie “Celtic Pride” with Dan Akroyd, Daniel Stern, and Daman Wayans?

Anyone want to spend the weekend with a tied up JJ Watt?

Ha... Have you seen JJ? I think we'd end up being the ones tied up!

• Haha 1
On 12/1/2020 at 10:53 AM, Stephen said:

How will we fix the Lt situation  with constanzo  out

For whatever it’s worth....   on his weekly day after interview this week, Reich admits Clark struggled in the first two series.

But he said the rest of the game he thought Clark was decent.  Not great, not terrible.   And certainly not as bad as many here are screaming about. 

I have no idea what the staff will do this week, or in the off-season.   I’m just sharing what Frank said for the record. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

What didn’t make sense to me is Doyle only getting 22 snaps when Clark needed help. Doyle is the best option go block when this happened. It seems Reich doesn’t know how to fix something on the fly when they happen in a game.

I think its a matter of the precious match up game.  Changing plans with the Doyle/MAC/Burton role playing messes up the whole offense.  Too much precision.  Too much planning.  Can't mess up The TE rotation or it messes too many other things up.  Just a theory.

I think the philosophy is to let the LTs do LT stuff.  If Clark isn't working out, put in Green.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich said today they are not putting any timetable on AC. It’s up to him when he starts practicing and playing. He wouldn’t he say he is out this game.

Interesting that he didn't say the Colts doctors are keeping him from practicing.  It's up to AC.  To me that says there is a possibility he plays Sunday.  He could sit out again on Thursday and be limited on Friday.  Decide game day.  Maybe he wears a brace and he plays.  Sounds like it's all up to AC when he goes.  

• Like 1