Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The problem at Lt

Stephen

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

According to SBNation Frank is considering switching Braden Smith to LT. 

They should move Mo Allie Cox to RT then since he is a good blocker, ask him to load up on 10 Big Macs a day the next few days :) , a lot of OL have been former TEs before, Joe Reitz was one and was a basketball player too like MAC. Maybe that should be MAC in the off season, becoming a utility OL than a utility TE and put on some weight and more muscle.

33 minutes ago, Stephen said:

How will we fix the Lt situation  with constanzo  out

I know this is a great forum to second guess every decision, but golly, isn't there a plan for this already or did the FO just realize that its possible for our starting LT to get rolled up on?

And that he's old and may want to retire?

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

They should move Mo Allie Cox to RT then since he is a good blocker, ask him to load up on 10 Big Macs a day the next few days :) , a lot of OL have been former TEs before, Joe Reitz was one and was a basketball player too like MAC. Maybe that should be MAC in the off season, becoming a utility OL than a utility TE and put on some weight and more muscle.

I actually think that is a good idea.  At 6.7 he's a nice target, but he's a bit of a lumbering giant in open space. (although somebody will tell me he runs a 4.7 40)

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I know this is a great forum to second guess every decision, but golly, isn't there a plan for this already or did the FO just realize that its possible for our starting LT to get rolled up on?

Isn't that what you are doing? Second guessing? haha

16 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'm sure there has been a contingency plan, but I'm sure plan #A was for AC to play as much of the season as healthy as possible and then try to find the permanent fix in the off season. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I'm sure there has been a contingency plan, but I'm sure plan #A was for AC to play as much of the season as healthy as possible and then try to find the permanent fix in the off season. 

Immortal words...

There is no try.  There is either do, or not do.

11 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

If AC can't go

LT Smith 

LG Q

OC Kelly

RG Glow

RT Pinter 

My solution 

...and Braden Smith's off season contract just got that much more expensive.

Also, if Braden Smith exceeds expectations at LT, drafting an RT can be accomplished as late as Round 3. Might be able hit 2 birds with one stone. :) 

38 minutes ago, PaulSTL said:

Better fix it soon.  Been watching Rivers for years and when his LT goes down, Rivers’ play declines substantially.  We saw that on Sunday.  

Huh?

This happens to Phillip Rivers?

No!   This happens to every quarterback in the history of football when their left tackle.  Thus isn’t a Phillip Rivers thing, it’s a quarterback thing.   I get that Rivers is a statue.   I get he’s not mobile, he’s not going to spin out if the grasp.   But come on..  

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Also, if Braden Smith exceeds expectations at LT, drafting an RT can be accomplished as late as Round 3. Might be able hit 2 birds with one stone. :) 

Most people thought Ballard was scouting Lance but perhaps Radunz was the one he was looking at

5 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

They should have prepared for this last year. I think it was a very slim chance that AC would not have a season ending injury at some point. Perhaps for him it is career ending.

Apparently you’re not following the info coming out.   It’s a week to week thing.  Not a career thing.   So says the head coach, Frank Reich.  

9 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Hold on

We got a winner 

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Apparently you’re not following the info coming out.   It’s a week to week thing.  Not a career thing.   So says the head coach, Frank Reich.  

I doubt any of the statements are true. I doubt AC will be back this season and probably permanently. But, I hope you are right but that position needs to be shored up quickly.

21 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If Braden Smith can play even halfway decent at LT he will prove to be IMO just as much of a draft steal as Leonard was.  He is already close as it is.  

He is already one of the most under-rated Colts.  Gets overshadowed by Q on the OL but tackles are harder to find than guards.  

Sherman, please set the Way Back Machine for the offseason.

Ok, everybody remember when AC was contemplating retirement?  And we all swallowed our collective tongues because we knew that we could not go an entire season with LeRaven Clark at LT?  And that we had No Answer for a LT problem without AC?

Yeah.  Talk about coming home to roost.

Here we are, with at least a game or two without AC, and the season on the line.

The only solution we left ourselves with was drafting a player.  Nothing else.  The solution is a future solution.  Right now, it's AC or boy howdy.  Yeah.

32 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Sherman, please set the Way Back Machine for the offseason.

Ok, everybody remember when AC was contemplating retirement?  And we all swallowed our collective tongues because we knew that we could not go an entire season with LeRaven Clark at LT?  And that we had No Answer for a LT problem without AC?

Yeah.  Talk about coming home to roost.

Here we are, with at least a game or two without AC, and the season on the line.

The only solution we left ourselves with was drafting a player.  Nothing else.  The solution is a future solution.  Right now, it's AC or boy howdy.  Yeah.

Smith is plenty capable of playing LT

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

This happens to Phillip Rivers?

No!   This happens to every quarterback in the history of football when their left tackle.  Thus isn’t a Phillip Rivers thing, it’s a quarterback thing.   I get that Rivers is a statue.   I get he’s not mobile, he’s not going to spin out if the grasp.   But come on..  

It didn't  happen  to tannehill.  They let go of a Lt  got two sent to ir and the still not skipping  a beat

5 hours ago, DougDew said:

You are right! Great second guess. So we should have passed on Buckner and got a developmental LT who could have come in in game 11 to replace an injured Constanzo! What if our team is 4-11 because our DL sucks. Do we second guess because we needed a  three technique tackle and we chose a backup OT? Can't fill ever position in every draft. 

14 minutes ago, Stephen said:

It didn't  happen  to tannehill.  They let go of a Lt  got two sent to ir and the still not skipping  a beat

Not skipping a beat?

Tell that to the Titans.     It's not like they're 10-2.

It's not like we didn't just beat them a few weeks ago.

15 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

You are right! Great second guess. So we should have passed on Buckner and got a developmental LT who could have come in in game 11 to replace an injured Constanzo! What if our team is 4-11 because our DL sucks. Do we second guess because we needed a  three technique tackle and we chose a backup OT? Can't fill ever position in every draft. 

Looking back at things Ballard made a brilliant move trading for Buckner.

He alone has completed changed the DL and is the Colts MVP for 2020.

5 hours ago, DougDew said:

No Doug!    No one in the Colts front office has ever thought of this.   In fact, no other poster has ever thought of this.   You, in all your unique skills are the first person to EVER think of this.

I'm sure some intern working in the front office and closely monitoring this website for great insight, is going to flag this, print it,  and run it into Ballard's office.   I suspect he'll have a V-8 moment and slap his forehead!

Genius!    Brilliant!    Why didn't anyone else think of that?!?

Archived