Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated 1st round mock draft - Colts finally go OT early

Here is an updated version. This would be my dream scenario that is still realistic imo. 

In free agency, Ballard makes two big signings, one at DE, and one at TE.

- Indy signs free agent DE/OLB Bud Dupree to a multi year deal, worth approx. 13 mil per year. 

- Indy signs free agent TE Jonnu Smith to a multi year deal, worth approx. 10 mil per season. 

2021 NFL Draft

Ballard trades 2nd round pick to Tampa Bay, moving down 8 spots, and picking up a 3rd in the process.

Round 1 Pick 18: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
Round 2 Pick 26 (T.B.): Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame
Round 3 Pick 17: AmonRa St Brown, WR, USC
Round 3 Pick 25 (T.B.): Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
Round 4 Pick 18: Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson
Round 5 Pick 18: Tyler Vrabel, OT, Boston College
Round 6 Pick 18: Marquiss Spencer, DE/OLB, Mississippi State
Round 7 Pick 18: Jordyn Peters, CB, Auburn

21 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Lesser talent? I would call Clark that. He is atrocious. I just think maybe they can dip into the 2nd or 3rd to get a LT. I think this team needs a man corner bad. DE can wait if we sign Houston and we still have Autry I believe under contract

You can wait and maybe find a guy who turns out to be a stud. There are some guys in the 2nd who I like. I agree that DE can wait because there’s not much depth there if you’re looking at the bottom of the 1st where we’ll be picking. And I think the same thing about corner. Outside of Surtain, Farley, and Horn (who should all be gone before we pick) there aren’t any 1st round worthy corners. I’d say target guys like Eric Stokes or Paulson Adebo (think he’s a perfect scheme and culture fit) in the 2nd or 3rd round.

18 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Here is an updated version. This would be my dream scenario that is still realistic imo. 

In free agency, Ballard makes two big signings, one at DE, and one at TE.

- Indy signs free agent DE/OLB Bud Dupree to a multi year deal, worth approx. 13 mil per year. 

- Indy signs free agent TE Jonnu Smith to a multi year deal, worth approx. 10 mil per season. 

2021 NFL Draft

Ballard trades 2nd round pick to Tampa Bay, moving down 8 spots, and picking up a 3rd in the process.

Round 1 Pick 18: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
Round 2 Pick 26 (T.B.): Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame
Round 3 Pick 17: AmonRa St Brown, WR, USC
Round 3 Pick 25 (T.B.): Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
Round 4 Pick 18: Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson
Round 5 Pick 18: Tyler Vrabel, OT, Boston College
Round 6 Pick 18: Marquiss Spencer, DE/OLB, Mississippi State
Round 7 Pick 18: Jordyn Peters, CB, Auburn

Trey Lance really would be an incredible pick here. Not having a season to play outside of one game and risers or Zach Wilson and Kyle Trask to go with the other top guys may push this guy into our laps

18 minutes ago, twfish said:

Trey Lance really would be an incredible pick here. Not having a season to play outside of one game and risers or Zach Wilson and Kyle Trask to go with the other top guys may push this guy into our laps

I could possibly see Mac Jones being drafted before Lance. 

With the way Christian Darrisaw played this season can expect him to garner top 10 consideration.  Would love to see the Colts select Darrisaw but expect us to give away our 2nd and a 4th in draft picks at a minimum just to trade up and that was with a mindset on trading with the 49ers.  PFF already graded Darrisaw so highly that he might pass Sewell as best OT this year.

Best idea is to acquire Williams in FA from the 49ers and draft a LT since we know we need better backup going forward from the end of this season already.  Then in Round 2 consider taking LT Walker Little from Stanford who opted out in 2020.  Jackson Carman is another favorite of mine and seen where PFF gave him honorable mention this season.  Would do him good to learn from Williams.

Logically for me can see us drafting one of two DEs to replace either Houston with Miami’s Jaelan Phillips or Autry with Rashad Weaver.  Both our starting DEs are 30 somethings and we neglected drafting replacements last year and drafting around 22nd takes us out of top QB consideration.  

Basham has been highly touted but after watching game tape just seems off to me.  Most DEs go full blast when the ball is snapped. Watch Basham he stops and watches the play develop than attacks.  It works for him at the college level but have reservations about how well he will do in the pros.

Archived