Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

25 On Nick's hat?

AKB

Just now, funktacious2 said:

I personally would be happy re-signing him. He'll be cheaper now and I think at this point is better than what Taylor had been. Not saying Taylor can't improve, but we need to be able to run. I like the idea of bringing back Mack and letting him compete with Taylor.

Not compete, but complement Taylor (or the other way around).  But we're all assuming that Mack will be himself after coming back.  That may not be the case with that injury.  

I'd love to see both he and Hooker come back.  As everyone knows, you can't have too much decent depth on a team.

43 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m not following. How does a 25 on his hat mean he’s back?

Yeah I do think that. I don't know of many examples where the OC is wearing the number of an injured player on their hat, and they don't return. Maybe you have some examples. Even if we completely ignore the fact that our running games has gone down tremendously, even if we want to blame the OLINE (top 3 unit in NFL), even if we want to say "It's phillip and his slow legs", even if we want to say Frank isn't trying to run it... even if...

Mack is a lot more productive than any other back on this team, and that has become abundantly clear. Now keep in mind, this ain't no anti #28 thread so let's not turn it into who's better. Because if we really wanna go there (sure Taylor might be having a comparable rookie season, or even slightly better than Macks's) Mack has still been more productive overall.

Take out that packer game, and our run O has been abysmal. So yeah, Mack will be back. 

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Not compete, but complement Taylor (or the other way around).  But we're all assuming that Mack will be himself after coming back.  That may not be the case with that injury.  

I'd love to see both he and Hooker come back.  As everyone knows, you can't have too much decent depth on a team.

Most likely Mack will not be a good player any more.

I don't think there are any examples of RBs being good after Achilles surgery.  The only postive is that there haven't been a lot of these injuries for RBs.

4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I don't think there are any examples of RBs being good after Achilles surgery.  The only postive is that there haven't been a lot of these injuries for RBs.

I'm not saying that Mack will come back and produce as if nothing happened, but people used to say the same thing about ACL's and then Adrian Peterson happened.

2 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

I'm not saying that Mack will come back and produce as if nothing happened, but people used to say the same thing about ACL's and then Adrian Peterson happened.

Well I guess one can hope.

The medical lit for any NFL player is dubiuos but for an RB it is devestating.

This abstract kinda sums it up.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/2473011417S000314

45 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Yeah I do think that. I don't know of many examples where the OC is wearing the number of an injured player on their hat, and they don't return. Maybe you have some examples. Even if we completely ignore the fact that our running games has gone down tremendously, even if we want to blame the OLINE (top 3 unit in NFL), even if we want to say "It's phillip and his slow legs", even if we want to say Frank isn't trying to run it... even if...

Mack is a lot more productive than any other back on this team, and that has become abundantly clear. Now keep in mind, this ain't no anti #28 thread so let's not turn it into who's better. Because if we really wanna go there (sure Taylor might be having a comparable rookie season, or even slightly better than Macks's) Mack has still been more productive overall.

Take out that packer game, and our run O has been abysmal. So yeah, Mack will be back. 

ok, i see what you're getting at

2 hours ago, Nickster said:

Well I guess one can hope.

The medical lit for any NFL player is dubiuos but for an RB it is devestating.

This abstract kinda sums it up.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/2473011417S000314

"Across all positions, running backs saw the biggest decrease in production with a 78% decrease over 3 years post-injury in both power ratings and approximate value."

That's a huge decrease especially for Mack who wasn't the fastest RB in the first place. The one upside I can see is that he excelled from his vision, not athletic ability so hopefully he will still be effective.

I think he will be back. The injury now makes it almost certain it will be a one year prove it deal. They said Mack has stayed in town working with Taylor and the RB room. That is quite a commitment with covid and having to still go though testing everyday. This team loves Mack. One year for 3 to 4 million will give us a good idea if he bounces back and lets him help his stock for another team if we can’t keep him long term.

3 hours ago, Nickster said:

Didnt Vick Ballard tear his Achilles? I know he was pretty much done afterwards

I want to resign Mack on a one or two year “prove it” deal. If we can even get half the production from him, it would be worth it IMO. Our running game is already dynamic with JT as a power back, Wilkins as a third down back, and Hines as a gadget player, add in Mack as a scat back and that’s a hell of a lot to gameplan around

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

You are kidding yourself if you think Mack returns and is as productive as he was before. 

I am fine on a 1 year prove it deal but u don't think Taylor loses the RB1 now. 

JT was quietly exploding against the Packers, too bad he had to sit out last week. I think he’s going to explode big-time before the end of the season; at least I hope so, because my fantasy team needs him too lol

Just now, chickenMan said:

JT was quietly exploding against the Packers, too bad he had to sit out last week. I think he’s going to explode big-time before the end of the season; at least I hope so, because my fantasy team needs him too lol

If he plays against Houston I am hoping for career numbers they have a bottom 3 rush D

18 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

You are kidding yourself if you think Mack returns and is as productive as he was before. 

I am fine on a 1 year prove it deal but u don't think Taylor loses the RB1 now. 

Where did I say as productive as before? The only reason he is listed before Taylor is because we don't know. Also, didn't Dalvin Cook tear his ACL? He seems to be fine.

don't put words in ma mouth

Archived