Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated Colts news


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

Dude, they were using a third string left tackle if I’m not misunderstanding and we couldn’t offset this? It seems too often everyone just glosses over other teams overcoming their big loss and makes up for it in some way, we always want to use the crutch of well this guy is out or that guy is out. It’s more than Titans game, this team has been a roller coaster ride all year from reading articles and these forums.  Very inconsistent. Did Turay contribute yesterday? Who else went up against the LT spot? Did anyone get pressure on their QB? Apologists in here. 

 

And they were running it right up the middle most of the time so their LT wasn't really an issue

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

And they were running it right up the middle most of the time so their LT wasn't really an issue

Running it sure, but when passing and the drop backs, how much time did their QB have to survey the field? I’m just going by what I’ve seen posted and written about, I haven’t seen a game this year. I think it was Bowen who mentioned in his pod that passrush wasn’t present. In fact, I think he also mentioned that team ran right, left and center without much resistance. But it did sound like our #2 backup LT struggled mightily. They had no concerns from using #3 guy. We have Houston and Turay and Muhammad with Lewis and Newly extended Grover steward and that defense did jack squat. Yea, missing a huge piece in the middle with a stud but again, I point to them losing a LT and not missing a beat while the Colts peed the bed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Running it sure, but when passing and the drop backs, how much time did their QB have to survey the field? I’m just going by what I’ve seen posted and written about, I haven’t seen a game this year. I think it was Bowen who mentioned in his pod that passrush wasn’t present. In fact, I think he also mentioned that team ran right, left and center without much resistance. But it did sound like our #2 backup LT struggled mightily. They had no concerns from using #3 guy. We have Houston and Turay and Muhammad with Lewis and Newly extended Grover steward and that defense did jack squat. Yea, missing a huge piece in the middle with a stud but again, I point to them losing a LT and not missing a beat while the Colts peed the bed. 

 

It's not exactly easy to pass rush when you're trying to stop a freight train every third play basically. You get fatigued. Again this was an outlier because of covid and injuries. Stop stressing about it. We can still get the division.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

It's not exactly easy to pass rush when you're trying to stop a freight train every third play basically. You get fatigued. Again this was an outlier because of covid and injuries. Stop stressing about it. We can still get the division.

I think too many forget how good the Titans are. They didn't luck themselves into the AFC championship game last year. 

Not too many wants to give credit to the talent of who we play. It's easier to just lay blame on the Colts players.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think too many forget how good the Titans are. They didn't luck themselves into the AFC championship game last year. 

Not too many wants to give credit to the talent of who we play. It's easier to just lay blame on the Colts players.

They are nothing  without  henry

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stephen said:

They are nothing  without  henry

Well they do have Henry so it does make them more than relevant. 

Losing Fuller was a huge hit but no matter your opinion of who is talented on their roster, Henry didn't do it by himself. It seems you overlook quite a bit of talent on their roster IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

They were nothing without  him 2-14 lol

Good point but what you are missing is there is three phases of football. 

One is dependent on the other two to win games. No one phase wins without at least one of the other. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stephen said:

They were nothing without  him 2-14 lol

Your missing the point.  Great players are what make a team something.  Of course if you take them away a team is nothing.  That’s true of any team in the league not just the Titans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

It's not exactly easy to pass rush when you're trying to stop a freight train every third play basically. You get fatigued. Again this was an outlier because of covid and injuries. Stop stressing about it. We can still get the division.

I’m not stressed over it at all. I’m pointing out observations I’ve made. It’s also not an outlier. I pointed out all the teams this Colts group has played without their top tackle or a top wr or their starting QB and those teams exploit ours for some reason far too often. Not sure why this team struggles when we should be able to attack those weaknesses but we rarely seem to do so. Their is just something about this coaching staff that isn’t too shelf and I just envision the team stuck in mediocrity for the duration while we have what we have. Again, that’s my view, others clearly have different views but aside from FR being a great individual human, his coaching hasn’t quite been on some other level here. I’m sure they will figure out the issues and if it’s personnel or if it’s coaching, someday, they will figure out the proper way to address it. NFL does stand for not for long and you either produce a winner or you get moved on from. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...