Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated Colts news

w87r

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

Dude, they were using a third string left tackle if I’m not misunderstanding and we couldn’t offset this? It seems too often everyone just glosses over other teams overcoming their big loss and makes up for it in some way, we always want to use the crutch of well this guy is out or that guy is out. It’s more than Titans game, this team has been a roller coaster ride all year from reading articles and these forums.  Very inconsistent. Did Turay contribute yesterday? Who else went up against the LT spot? Did anyone get pressure on their QB? Apologists in here. 

And they were running it right up the middle most of the time so their LT wasn't really an issue

22 hours ago, CR91 said:

And they were running it right up the middle most of the time so their LT wasn't really an issue

Running it sure, but when passing and the drop backs, how much time did their QB have to survey the field? I’m just going by what I’ve seen posted and written about, I haven’t seen a game this year. I think it was Bowen who mentioned in his pod that passrush wasn’t present. In fact, I think he also mentioned that team ran right, left and center without much resistance. But it did sound like our #2 backup LT struggled mightily. They had no concerns from using #3 guy. We have Houston and Turay and Muhammad with Lewis and Newly extended Grover steward and that defense did jack squat. Yea, missing a huge piece in the middle with a stud but again, I point to them losing a LT and not missing a beat while the Colts peed the bed. 

2 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Running it sure, but when passing and the drop backs, how much time did their QB have to survey the field? I’m just going by what I’ve seen posted and written about, I haven’t seen a game this year. I think it was Bowen who mentioned in his pod that passrush wasn’t present. In fact, I think he also mentioned that team ran right, left and center without much resistance. But it did sound like our #2 backup LT struggled mightily. They had no concerns from using #3 guy. We have Houston and Turay and Muhammad with Lewis and Newly extended Grover steward and that defense did jack squat. Yea, missing a huge piece in the middle with a stud but again, I point to them losing a LT and not missing a beat while the Colts peed the bed. 

It's not exactly easy to pass rush when you're trying to stop a freight train every third play basically. You get fatigued. Again this was an outlier because of covid and injuries. Stop stressing about it. We can still get the division.

43 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It's not exactly easy to pass rush when you're trying to stop a freight train every third play basically. You get fatigued. Again this was an outlier because of covid and injuries. Stop stressing about it. We can still get the division.

I think too many forget how good the Titans are. They didn't luck themselves into the AFC championship game last year. 

Not too many wants to give credit to the talent of who we play. It's easier to just lay blame on the Colts players.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think too many forget how good the Titans are. They didn't luck themselves into the AFC championship game last year. 

Not too many wants to give credit to the talent of who we play. It's easier to just lay blame on the Colts players.

They are nothing  without  henry

8 minutes ago, Stephen said:

They are nothing  without  henry

Well they do have Henry so it does make them more than relevant. 

Losing Fuller was a huge hit but no matter your opinion of who is talented on their roster, Henry didn't do it by himself. It seems you overlook quite a bit of talent on their roster IMO. 

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

I’m not stressed over it at all. I’m pointing out observations I’ve made. It’s also not an outlier. I pointed out all the teams this Colts group has played without their top tackle or a top wr or their starting QB and those teams exploit ours for some reason far too often. Not sure why this team struggles when we should be able to attack those weaknesses but we rarely seem to do so. Their is just something about this coaching staff that isn’t too shelf and I just envision the team stuck in mediocrity for the duration while we have what we have. Again, that’s my view, others clearly have different views but aside from FR being a great individual human, his coaching hasn’t quite been on some other level here. I’m sure they will figure out the issues and if it’s personnel or if it’s coaching, someday, they will figure out the proper way to address it. NFL does stand for not for long and you either produce a winner or you get moved on from. 

Archived