Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So we lost to the Titans!


Recommended Posts

Waited a whole day to have to watch the colts get knocked around.

 

Honestly though it’s only 1 loss, we have room for improvement as always but the score got away from us against a team who’s RB is on fire! 
 

Every year, every team loses key pieces, although it dose feel us more than others.  Ughhhh the frustration ha!

 

let’s see how we rebound, it ain’t January yet! Let’s go colts!

 

More than anything football gives me a few hours to focus on a sport and team I love to watch won or lose!

 

Big love to you all! 

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JackOLantin said:

 

Honestly though it’s only 1 loss, we have room for improvement as always but the score got away from us against a team who’s RB is on fire! 
 

Every year, every team loses key pieces, although it dose feel us more than others.  Ughhhh the frustration ha!

 

let’s see how we rebound, it ain’t January yet! Let’s go colts!

 

More than anything football gives me a few hours to focus on a sport and team I love to watch won or lose!

 

Big love to you all! 

 

 

 

No, it's  the 4th Loss !!! ... and probably lost all hope of a Division Title and a home playoff game.

With 5 games left if we lose 2 more a 10-6 record may not even get us a wild card.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

No, it's  the 4th Loss !!! ... and probably lost all hope of a Division Title and a home playoff game.

With 5 games left if we lose 2 more a 10-6 record may not even get us a wild card.

And if it’s not the sun will still come up the day after even if we are disappointed.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was expecting more doomsayers after that loss. Honestly I was expecting D. Henry to do well (not that well) just because of Buckner being out, not including autry and Okereke also being out. We really don't have a good backup for him. 

 

Now we just gotta hope that our players heal quickly and get off the Injury report. Not to mention how much our special teams is gonna hurt with Sanchez being out, hopefully he kicks cancers butt and will be back soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We split with the Titans.  Bummer is the Titans could win their remaining games:

Browns

Jags

Lions

Packers

Texans

 

I expect them to win the division but the Colts can keep the 7th spot if they go 3-2 in the last 5 games.  We need the Steelers to beat the Ravens tomorrow because the Ravens have an easy schedule ahead:

Steelers

Cowboys

Browns

Jags

Giants

Bengals

 

We could even take the 6th seed away from Miami as they have a fairly tough schedule ahead:

Bengals

Chiefs

Pats

Raiders

Bills

 

I think the Ravens are the key.   If they lose to the Steelers we will have a game lead on them, but they will own the tie-breaker against the Colts.  Head to head is still the first tie-breaker, right?  Since we play the Raiders, we could control them and if they beat Miami, it could help us as well.   Most important is the Colts winning their games going forward.   

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Myles said:

We split with the Titans.  Bummer is the Titans could win their remaining games:

Browns

Jags

Lions

Packers

Texans

 

I expect them to win the division but the Colts can keep the 7th spot if they go 3-2 in the last 5 games.  We need the Steelers to beat the Ravens tomorrow because the Ravens have an easy schedule ahead:

Steelers

Cowboys

Browns

Jags

Giants

Bengals

 

We could even take the 6th seed away from Miami as they have a fairly tough schedule ahead:

Bengals

Chiefs

Pats

Raiders

Bills

 

I think the Ravens are the key.   If they lose to the Steelers we will have a game lead on them, but they will own the tie-breaker against the Colts.  Head to head is still the first tie-breaker, right?  Since we play the Raiders, we could control them and if they beat Miami, it could help us as well.   Most important is the Colts winning their games going forward.   

 

It's unlikely, but if the Jags or Texans upset the Titans, we could still win the AFC South as long as we take care of our business.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

All is not lost.  This year is a big mystery due to COVID and I suspect it will continue that way.  May very well even affect the playoffs.  Stay tuned.  Hope is not lost until it's official.

Hope is not lost, but effort certainly was.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Myles said:

We split with the Titans.  Bummer is the Titans could win their remaining games:

Browns

Jags

Lions

Packers

Texans

 

I expect them to win the division but the Colts can keep the 7th spot if they go 3-2 in the last 5 games.  We need the Steelers to beat the Ravens tomorrow because the Ravens have an easy schedule ahead:

Steelers

Cowboys

Browns

Jags

Giants

Bengals

 

We could even take the 6th seed away from Miami as they have a fairly tough schedule ahead:

Bengals

Chiefs

Pats

Raiders

Bills

 

I think the Ravens are the key.   If they lose to the Steelers we will have a game lead on them, but they will own the tie-breaker against the Colts.  Head to head is still the first tie-breaker, right?  Since we play the Raiders, we could control them and if they beat Miami, it could help us as well.   Most important is the Colts winning their games going forward.   

 

The only games I could see titans lose are the browns  and greenbay, but they could just as easily  win out

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Stephen said:

The only games I could see titans lose are the browns  and greenbay, but they could just as easily  win out

Or, they could be taken down by any of the teams left on their schedule, to include the Jags.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

And if it’s not the sun will still come up the day after even if we are disappointed.

Aside from the sun imploding, or the earth ceaseing to exist, the same can be said for literally event that takes place on this planet.......too bad you weren't there to comfort the dinosaurs when that meteor blocked out your precious sun....

 

I'm kidding btw of course you're right.  This loss stings tho.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

Aside from the sun imploding, or the earth ceaseing to exist, the same can be said for literally event that takes place on this planet.......too bad you weren't there to comfort the dinosaurs when that meteor blocked out your precious sun....

 

I'm kidding btw of course you're right.  This loss stings tho.

Well in that case the sun didn’t come up the next day lol.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Myles said:

We split with the Titans.  Bummer is the Titans could win their remaining games:

Browns

Jags

Lions

Packers

Texans

 

I expect them to win the division but the Colts can keep the 7th spot if they go 3-2 in the last 5 games.  We need the Steelers to beat the Ravens tomorrow because the Ravens have an easy schedule ahead:

Steelers

Cowboys

Browns

Jags

Giants

Bengals

 

We could even take the 6th seed away from Miami as they have a fairly tough schedule ahead:

Bengals

Chiefs

Pats

Raiders

Bills

 

I think the Ravens are the key.   If they lose to the Steelers we will have a game lead on them, but they will own the tie-breaker against the Colts.  Head to head is still the first tie-breaker, right?  Since we play the Raiders, we could control them and if they beat Miami, it could help us as well.   Most important is the Colts winning their games going forward.   

 

Well said dude!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sumo63 said:

Aside from the sun imploding, or the earth ceaseing to exist, the same can be said for literally event that takes place on this planet.......too bad you weren't there to comfort the dinosaurs when that meteor blocked out your precious sun....

 

I'm kidding btw of course you're right.  This loss stings tho.

Blahaha I love it!

7 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

Or, they could be taken down by any of the teams left on their schedule, to include the Jags.

Big love dude!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Big loss but with a defence built for speed, power rushers are always going to be our weakest point. That’s just the nature of the beast. 
 

We were missing our best D-lineman, our 2nd best LB, our feature RB, our starting C and LT for most of the game. You can’t be missing that many key pieces, against an offense built to beat you. 
 

It’s one loss. We’re 0-1 this week. Just get working on being 1-0 next week.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sumo63 said:

Aside from the sun imploding, or the earth ceaseing to exist, the same can be said for literally event that takes place on this planet.......too bad you weren't there to comfort the dinosaurs when that meteor blocked out your precious sun....

 

I'm kidding btw of course you're right.  This loss stings tho.

 

I tell you something for free; no T-Rex had a flag flown on it for holding. #stasticalfact

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it's just one loss, and the fact that was against the Titans and with the division on the line it's not even the worst part of it.

 

The worst is that we played probably our worst game of the season:

 

  1. Pass Rush non existent (0 sacks, 0 HITs) and they were pretty banged up on tackles as well.
  2. DBs played horrible, all of them. By now I already expect Rock to be bad, but Willis, Blackmon and Kenny were also bad.
  3. LaRaven Clark is absolutely terrible, does not matter who is playing rush against him, the guy is going to win.
  4. For everybody saying that Okereke is not having a great year, well, that is what life look's like without him.

 

Yes, missing DBuck, Autry, Kelly and AC hurts a lot, but even the ones playing in this game were bad.

 

This was W1 bad, cannot happen again.

Edited by DiogoSales
wrong typing
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Right. Reich talked about it in the offseason...that explosive plays were a missing ingredient. Whether he practiced what he preached is a different story (and of course there’s context that goes into that...like who their QB was). I am just saying that he has indicated that he wants to be more than a methodical clock control offense. And I think Reich will look to do that...when they have the QB in place.   DVOA definitely has the Colts defense rated ahead of the offense. The Colts  overall defense was #7 and the overall offense was #12. More specific to passing, the Colts passing offense was #16 and the Colts passing defense was #8.   The defensive ratings are likely skewed by the first half of the season...but the offense had the easiest schedule of any team...and still managed to be middle of the pack in passing offense (according to DVOA).    Yes there’s room for improvement on defense...but it’s tough to expect better than a top 7 unit. An edge rusher will help with the pressure rates...but they have showed they can make big plays and create takeaways. I would say the defense is pretty damn close to being a viable SB winning defense (especially when teams like KC, GB and BUF are currently playing to go to the SB).   So the priority should be the passing offense. It’s the necessity to this team getting to the next level...which is a SB. Otherwise, they would have to buck a trend that only historically elite defenses have been able to do.   And to improve the offense...they need a franchise QB and additional weapons. 
    • Well Frank said moving him to tackle would be discussed this off-season so the Colts are at least considering it.  Rather they do it or not remains to be seen.
    • Good blooper reel of Cole vs Louisiana with 10s left in 2Q where the BJ takes him out.  Good backpedaling and change of direction with enough speed to build up enough force to get knocked down.  May need some NFL strength conditioning to help shed blocks.
    • Do I need to point this out? We all know how valuable LT's are in the draft. If Quentin Freaking Nelson was LT quality, he would have not been paid a # ton of money to be a guard. He would have been scooped up ASAP as a TACKLE.     What....like every team missed this and suddenly he can be just as awesome as a tackle? 
    • Liking what I seen and read on LB Cole.  Looks like a good player capable of handling SAM and MLB rotations.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...