Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans Colts Post Game thoughts

SR711

4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Overrated yes. but that was as bad a performance as this franchise has ever had man.  And we haven't had many good defenses in Indy.  

Did you think we would be that bad?  It was kind of shocking to me.  We rarely even got them into 3rd down.

The Rock Whatever TF he was doing in the end zone coupled with them scoring an extra TD at the end of the half could have gone a different way I guess, but man, that was incompetence on the D.  

The Titans are a good team with a good O, but they haven't been scoring a lot until Yesterday for 5 weeks.

Overrated yes. but that was as bad a performance as this franchise has ever had man.  And we haven't had many good defenses in Indy.  

Did you think we would be that bad?  It was kind of shocking to me.  We rarely even got them into 3rd down.

The Rock Whatever TF he was doing in the end zone coupled with them scoring an extra TD at the end of the half could have gone a different way I guess, but man, that was incompetence on the D.  

The Titans are a good team with a good O, but they haven't been scoring a lot until Yesterday for 5 weeks.

I didn't see the game but it sounded like the D was overmatched.  I think TN is a good team.

What I read is that they were playing with a banged up oline, who beat our banged up D line. 

I think part of the issue is that TN knows what it wants to do, so the backups can be effective in a team setting.  I feel like the Colts are a bunch of islands trying to win individual matchups......be a zone D one play then a man D the next.  I don't see how we will ever have enough talent to play like that.  Even Seattle only did it for a short window, probably because they got lucky with some players who played better than their draft slot would indicate.  Dungy drafted for what the D was, everybody knew it.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I didn't see the game but it sounded like the D was overmatched.  I think TN is a good team.

What I read is that they were playing with a banged up oline, who beat our banged up D line. 

I think part of the issue is that TN knows what it wants to do, so the backups can be effective in a team setting.  I feel like the Colts are a bunch of islands trying to win individual matchups......be a zone D one play then a man D the next.  I don't see how we will ever have enough talent to play like that.  Even Seattle only did it for a short window, probably because they got lucky with some players who played better than their draft slot would indicate.  Dungy drafted for what the D was, everybody knew it.

Overmatched yeah.  Looked like Ohio State v. Rutgers or something.

2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Overmatched yeah.  Looked like Ohio State v. Rutgers or something.

Finishing my thought:

I feel like we have a bunch of different player combinations designed for specific situations.  On first down we want this player package that does this, and second down a package that does that, and on third down a player package that does something else.  That's not a team.  That's a collection of players.   As opposed to having 3 down players who play the same scheme and role but where you swap out a LB and a fatty DL with a DB and another pass rusher.  Simple and cohesive.

15 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Agree with everything u said. I doubt this team makes the playoffs. Irsay is going to come up from under the bed sheets and make some tough decisions. My take. Move on from Rivers. Move on from this defensive scheme. Move on from the D coordinator and Oline coach. I think Reich is doing a good job with the talent he he has been given. I have no idea why Ballard keeps getting a pass? Every week it is the coaching but I truly beleive it has more to do with talent. We have gone up against some good teams this year but have been slapped down. This team is not with the big boys in terms of talent. Believe what u want.

HOLY SMOKES, OVERREATCTION MONDAY!!!!

I think you have to factor in when you're missing your two best interior DL players against a run heavy team.  You also have to factor in you were missing a Pro Bowl C and All-Pro type LT on the OL side.  I don't think we are as near to needing to think doom and gloom as chicken little here.

When the whole defense has been healthy the scheme has worked fine.  Do we need an upgrade at CB sure.  Do I feel like we need a QB who can make some plays be escaping the pocket, sure.  The Colts are not as far off as this take though... In the words of the great Charlie Brown.....good grief

15 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Finishing my thought:

I feel like we have a bunch of different player combinations designed for specific situations.  On first down we want this player package that does this, and second down a package that does that, and on third down a player package that does something else.  That's not a team.  That's a collection of players.   As opposed to having 3 down players who play the same scheme and role but where you swap out a LB and a fatty DL with a DB and another pass rusher.  Simple and cohesive.

Well yeah maybe, but most teams make lots of personnel changes in today's game.

There is a lot of subbing on the line and nickel, dime, and tradtional 4 DB set, and everyone does it.  I can tell you for sure, that almost every one of Colts personnell change on O (switching TEs and WRs) was met with the same type of substitution from Tenn.  They were running linemen and DBacks and LBs on and off the field all game long.

I don't think what you are advocating for is done in Today's game.  I could be wrong, but seems we are a  long way in FB from just lining them up and playing the game.

6 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I think you have to factor in when you're missing your two best interior DL players against a run heavy team.  You also have to factor in you were missing a Pro Bowl C and All-Pro type LT on the OL side.  I don't think we are as near to needing to think doom and gloom as chicken little here.

When the whole defense has been healthy the scheme has worked fine.  Do we need an upgrade at CB sure.  Do I feel like we need a QB who can make some plays be escaping the pocket, sure.  The Colts are not as far off as this take though... In the words of the great Charlie Brown.....good grief

i don't know man.  Tenn is a pretty good O, but they have only averaged 24 ppg the last 5 games before Sunday.  They had some good D's like Pitt and Balt, but also a diminished CHI, us and Cin.  

We didn't have Autry last week.  Surely, Buckner (whom I knew would be a majory loss) doesn't change us from a league leader to the worst Defense in franchise histroy because he tied that mark in the 1st half.

I think doom and gloom and panic are rather appropriate in this case. 

Now offensively, we can't sustain Clark as a LT.  We will be lucky to win a single game for the rest of the season with him in there.  He is that bad.  

Really don't want to hear about injuries.  Every team is banged up; every team is missing key players.  New Orleans is still winning after losing Brees.  Championship caliber teams find a way to win.  A crucial game like this?  

I certainly don't have the answers but the inconsistency is a killer.  

34 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Well yeah maybe, but most teams make lots of personnel changes in today's game.

There is a lot of subbing on the line and nickel, dime, and tradtional 4 DB set, and everyone does it.  I can tell you for sure, that almost every one of Colts personnell change on O (switching TEs and WRs) was met with the same type of substitution from Tenn.  They were running linemen and DBacks and LBs on and off the field all game long.

I don't think what you are advocating for is done in Today's game.  I could be wrong, but seems we are a  long way in FB from just lining them up and playing the game.

But I think TNs O skilled players stay in the game for nearly every situation, causing our defense fits.  Henry middle, Henry left, Henry right. Tannehill rolls right, rolls left, throws short, throws deep.  Brown catches short, catches middle, catches deep.

Our defense struggles against a balance O, IMO, because most of their O players are 3 down players.

Our running game switches RBs depending upon if we want to run up the gut  (Mack, JT) or wide (Hines) or off tackle (Wilkins).  Our best short ball catcher, Hines, can't go deep.  Our best deep ball threat, TY, doesn't go short.  Neither of our TEs are middle/deep threats.  Defenses just have to defend one element of each skilled player.  Our defense has to defend all of TNS skill position players doing anything/everything.

What about KC?  Would you say that Kelce is a short ball threat or a middle seam threat, or both?  Hill, short or deep or both?  That new RB, is he a runner or a pass catcher?  Three down players.  One player for multiple situations.

We don't have enough defenders who are three down players because they only have enough talent to do one thing well.

Our team takes the situational packaging to the extreme, IMO, probably out of necessity.

37 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Yeah I agree.  This game was the Perfect Storm for the Colts.  Covid took out two of our best players at stopping the run against a powerful run team and Injuries took our two of our starting OL.  Our offense immediately took a big step back when AC went out.  Maybe the silver lining is that Rock gets replaced and we can get the secondary improved.  We can still make the playoffs and then lightening can always strike.  Down the road we really need a WR1 though.  As for QB I'm fine with Rivers for another year.  I think Eason will prove out to be our new future QB.  

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But I think TNs O skilled players stay in the game for nearly every situation, causing our defense fits.  Henry middle, Henry left, Henry right. Tannehill rolls right, rolls left, throws short, throws deep.  Brown catches short, catches middle, catches deep.

Our defense struggles against a balance O, IMO, because most of their O players are 3 down players.

Our running game switches RBs depending upon if we want to run up the gut  (Mack, JT) or wide (Hines) or off tackle (Wilkins).  Our best short ball catcher, Hines, can't go deep.  Our best deep ball threat, TY, doesn't go short.  Defense just have to defend one element of each skilled player.  Our defense has to defend all of TNS skill position players doing anything/everything.

What about KC?  Would you say that Kelce is a short ball threat or a middle seam threat, or both?  Hill, short or deep or both?  That new RB, is he a runner or a pass catcher?  Three down players.

We don't have enough defenders who are three down players because they only have enough talent to do one thing well.

Our team takes the situational packaging to the extreme, IMO.

I am not sure about that offensively, I mean Henry almost always comes out on 3rd and long, it's just that we didn't get them in that down Sunday.  They didn't even have that many 3rd and shorts.

KC only has 2 players who play all the time and that is who you mentioned, Kelce (the best TE in the game) and Hill (possibly the best lateral quickness/pure speed combo) in football.  The both play just less than 90% of snaps.  But the rookie RB plays less than half of the snaps, and I am sure that surprises you.  The rest of the WR corps play betweeon 1/3 and 2/3 of snaps.

Here is a link if you want to look at snap counts.  https://subscribers.footballguys.com/teams/teampage-kan-6.php

It might seem that other teams are different than us in this regard, but they really aren't.  

I bet you would be surprised that Henry only takes 65% of the snaps.  Brown and Davis average about 80% when healthy.

The league utilizes all kinds of specialized personnel all the time. 

All teams pretty much have different personnel groupings that they utilize a lot.  Belechik probably started this trend.  NE certainly made it's money switching players in and out depending on the situation.

2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I am not sure about that offensively, I mean Henry almost always comes out on 3rd and long, it's just that we didn't get them in that down Sunday.  They didn't even have that many 3rd and shorts.

KC only has 2 players who play all the time and that is who you mentioned, Kelce (the best TE in the game) and Hill (possibly the best lateral quickness/pure speed combo) in football.  The both play just less than 90% of snaps.  But the rookie RB plays less than half of the snaps, and I am sure that surprises you.  The rest of the WR corps play betweeon 1/3 and 2/3 of snaps.

Here is a link if you want to look at snap counts.  https://subscribers.footballguys.com/teams/teampage-kan-6.php

It might seem that other teams are different than us in this regard, but they really aren't.  

I bet you would be surprised that Henry only takes 65% of the snaps.  Brown and Davis average about 80% when healthy.

The league utilizes all kinds of specialized personnel all the time. 

All teams pretty much have different personnel groupings that they utilize a lot.  Belechik probably started this trend.  NE certainly made it's money switching players in and out depending on the situation.

I understand that packages are the norm, but we seem to be predictable, or are unable to do anything else other than what our players' specific traits are bent towards.   We run a certain type of running play depending upon what type of RB is in the game (Hines is a little more versatile).  As for receivers, does Pascal ever go deep?  Is it just TY (or Johnson in place of TY?).  MAC in the seam?  The same players do the same things, and don't do much else other than those few things.  I don't think that our players on either side of the ball are very multidimensional.  Our DEs were drafted more for rotational pass rush than to be good at both the run and the pass. 

Somehow it seems to me that with our packages we are telegraphing to the opponent what we are going to do both on offense and defense, because the players on the field at that time are not capable of doing much else.

54 minutes ago, DougDew said:

As for receivers, does Pascal ever go deep?

Yes he does.  The INT was on a deep pattern that Pascal for some reason simply quit running.  

I hear what you are saying, but I bet we aren't much different than the rest of the league when it comes to grouping and tendencies.  I ain't got time to study it specifically, but everyone is specialized these days.  Were you surprised that Henry only plays 65% of the snaps?  I was.

Again, I think it's the Belechkian influence.  He changed the way the game is played.

I think honestly, we try too many things rather than too few.  Tenn was very simple.  Mostly zone plays in the run game between the tackles.  They would throw deep occasionally, and run all kinds of long crossers.  Over and over and over.

8 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Yes he does.  The INT was on a deep pattern that Pascal for some reason simply quit running. 

Maybe not ever, but that's not why he's here.  Look at Pittman and TY.  Both are three down players.  Pittman is the more physical taller guy for the contested catches, but he has the speed to go deep and the YAC for crossing routes.  Ty goes deep but runs excellent routes is all ranges.  We put Pascal in because he can run a short and intermediate route well.  He is no threat to do much else and defenses know that.  AJ Brown is a threat to do everything.  A three down player.

10 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Were you surprised that Henry only plays 65% of the snaps?  I was.

Henry is a bit unique in that he is probably the premier physical RB in the NFL.  It doesn't matter if he has all around talent.

12 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I think honestly, we try too many things rather than too few.  Tenn was very simple.

I agree.  I think we try to do too many things, then substitute into packages to do those things, rather than doing multiple things with the same players on the field.  

Look at JT.  The guy gets run up the gut almost exclusively.  He's a track star.  He has also shown that  he can catch.  Why can't he line up in the slot and do a jet sweep?  Why not a wheel route from the backfield?  No, we have to bring in Hines for that.

Yeah, with defenses its a bit more situational.  But when you draft Lewis, Turay, and Ben in the second round of two drafts back to back, it tells me you're really not looking for any of them to develop into multidimensional three down players.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Maybe not ever, but that's not why he's here.  Look at Pittman and TY.  Both are three down players.  Pittman is the more physical taller guy for the contested catches, but he has the speed to go deep and the YAC for crossing routes.  Ty goes deep but runs excellent routes is all ranges.  We put Pascal in because he can run a short and intermediate route well.  He is no threat to do much else and defenses know that.  AJ Brown is a threat to do everything.  A three down player.

Henry is a bit unique in that he is probably the premier physical RB in the NFL.  It doesn't matter if he has all around talent.

I agree.  I think we try to do too many things, then substitute into packages to do those things, rather than doing multiple things with the same players on the field.  

Look at JT.  The guy gets run up the gut almost exclusively.  He's a track star.  He has also shown that  he can catch.  Why can't he line up in the slot and do a jet sweep?  Why not a wheel route from the backfield?  No, we have to bring in Hines for that.

Yeah, with defenses its a bit more situational.  But when you draft Lewis, Turay, and Ben in the second round of two drafts back to back, it tells me you're really not looking for any of them to develop into multidimensional three down players.

Most teams have a couple of WR who play most downs and several other guys who play in different sets.

I don't recall Pittman ever running a downfield route though now that you mention it.  I'm sure he has I just don't recall it.  He was lost Sunday.  He was no reading well, but I think he's going to be good.

AJ Brown is really good.  He's worthy of a top 5 pick, but no one expected that before the draft or he would have went much higher.  He is definitely a stud.  But Davis is a mediocre JAG and a huge overdraft (he was the 5th pick just a few years ago.  If you switched those two picks you have a wash.  

JT doesn't have the cutting ability to run a wheel route in all likelihood.  He will be a behind the line pass catcher, not a route runner IMO.  That is just who he is.  He has shown he won't drop a screen or a dump off, but that is different tha downfield routes.

He's a track star, but track guys run in a straight line.  That's my biggest issue with JT.  He would be bad at jet sweep in the slot for mutiple reasons 1.  If he's in the slot, he's probably not going to catch a pass down the field because he does't cut well enough to run downfield routes  2.  He doesn't run well laterally so the cut up on the sweep is not his forte.  3.  Every LB in the world woud know the jet sweep was coming as soon as JTs motion started.

He needs to be an I back.  IMO the only time he looked like a guy that might be a decent runner was against GB downfield from under center.

I hated the JT pick so high for an RB with so many other needs, and he has been far from encouraging as a runner to me, UNTIL those few flashes of being a one cut guy that might get going.  JT is a very limited player IMO, and is definitely a guy who is limited in what he can do.  

26 minutes ago, Nickster said:

AJ Brown is really good.  He's worthy of a top 5 pick, but no one expected that before the draft or he would have went much higher.  He is definitely a stud.  But Davis is a mediocre JAG and a huge overdraft (he was the 5th pick just a few years ago.  If you switched those two picks you have a wash.  

We had very high hopes for Corey Davis here in Nashville and there have always been "flash" games. But he's never played like he's deserved #1 receiver status until this year where the consistency has finally been there.  Ironically that's been after A.J. Brown hit the scene and catapulted himself into #1 status pretty quickly.

The irony is that because of his lack of #1 production numbers through his first few rookie years, the Titans declined his 5th year option. Now with the way he's playing, it's more likely that he'll get more money on the free agent market than what we could sign him for. We had the same problem with RT Jack Conklin who began great, regressed some and got injured, then had a great year four and signed elsewhere.

15 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

We had very high hopes for Corey Davis here in Nashville and there have always been "flash" games. But he's never played like he's deserved #1 receiver status until this year where the consistency has finally been there.  Ironically that's been after A.J. Brown hit the scene and catapulted himself into #1 status pretty quickly.

The irony is that because of his lack of #1 production numbers through his first few rookie years, the Titans declined his 5th year option. Now with the way he's playing, it's more likely that he'll get more money on the free agent market than what we could sign him for. We had the same problem with RT Jack Conklin who began great, regressed some and got injured, then had a great year four and signed elsewhere.

He would probably need a change of scenery like Robby Anderson and actually, he might work out for a team like the Packers where all they need is a reliable #2 which he can be opposite DaVante Adams. If the Packers could go after Funchess and word is they wanted Fuller, they may not be able to afford Fuller in the off season and will settle for Corey Davis, IMO.

I am convinced the oline has been playing hurt from day one. You dont just play at an elite level for two years straight, and then drop off a cliff. I know its easy to think this is about Mack but I dont believe that. To go from getting short yardage runs to struggling to do so isnt because of Mack being out. 

3 offensive lineman were hurt week before opening game. I truly think they never got the chance to get healthy, and Nelson's back injury really needs to be handled correctly. 

For those who have no clue, back injuries aren't something to be scoffed about. It would absolutely explain Nelson lack of dominant power that Colts fans have become accustomed to game in and game out. And then an ankle injury on top of it? 

I turned the game off as soon as AC went down. It was a wrap as soon as that happened because Buckner wasn't in to help this defense hold its ground and give the offense more chances. 

Kelly's neck injury is becoming a concern as well, but AC is nearly as important as Nelson is on this line. 

Colts had a good chance, and it looked like it was going to be a shootout until AC got hurt. 

The Colts needed the offense to play stellar to win this game. I already said it before the game. But once AC went down, this was a mountain climb of a game. 

Having said all that, it sure is funny how fans FREAK when there's a bad game. Going from playoff contender/best defense to a mediocre or under average team is complete and utterly, an emotional statement. Just nonsensical really. 

Injuries aren't an excuse? 

No Buckner. (QB of the defense)

No Okereke.

No AC.

No Kelly. 

No Cambell. 

No Mack. 

No Taylor. 

No Wilkins. 

The only player on this list that isn't highly above average would be Wilkins and maybe Cambell (our number 2). Which im not even willing to say he isnt highly above average he just hasn't proven it yet. 

No. Its not an excuse. But injuries lose games. Just look at the Ravens and how many players that have been out with covid. 

No. Im not mad. 

Also. Please get rid of Clark. 

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

Most teams have a couple of WR who play most downs and several other guys who play in different sets.

I don't recall Pittman ever running a downfield route though now that you mention it.  I'm sure he has I just don't recall it.  He was lost Sunday.  He was no reading well, but I think he's going to be good.

JT doesn't have the cutting ability to run a wheel route in all likelihood.  He will be a behind the line pass catcher, not a route runner IMO.  That is just who he is.  He has shown he won't drop a screen or a dump off, but that is different tha downfield routes.

He's a track star, but track guys run in a straight line.  That's my biggest issue with JT.  He would be bad at jet sweep in the slot for mutiple reasons 1.  If he's in the slot, he's probably not going to catch a pass down the field because he does't cut well enough to run downfield routes  2.  He doesn't run well laterally so the cut up on the sweep is not his forte.  3.  Every LB in the world woud know the jet sweep was coming as soon as JTs motion started.

He needs to be an I back.  IMO the only time he looked like a guy that might be a decent runner was against GB downfield from under center.

I hated the JT pick so high for an RB with so many other needs, and he has been far from encouraging as a runner to me, UNTIL those few flashes of being a one cut guy that might get going.  JT is a very limited player IMO, and is definitely a guy who is limited in what he can do.  

Hmm, I thought a wheel route was when the RB angles to the flat then just runs up the sideline.  Not much of a cut needed.  I think the key to getting open is being faster than the LB or S who is covering him.

JT can do a jet sweep motion, but he doesn't need to get the ball every time.  That would be predictable.

JT can run a go route with his 4.3 speed once in a while.  (Catching it over head may need some work.), then throw it underneath to Pittman.

If you're looking at a college RB because of how well he runs in a straight line, that explains our draft philosophy being tied to our vision of substitution packages.   Put in JT when we want to run straight,  Put in Wilkins when we want to run a little wider.  And put in Hines when we want to run even wider, but send him up the gut in short yardage as a surprise.  LOL.  If Wilkins and Hines don't stick around, I guess we need to find RBs with traits that show that wider runner and even-wider runner in the draft at some point so we have the proper kind of players on the field at the proper time..

32 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Hmm, I thought a wheel route was when the RB angles to the flat then just runs up the sideline.  Not much of a cut needed.  I think the key to getting open is being faster than the LB or S who is covering him.

JT can do a jet sweep motion, but he doesn't need to get the ball every time.  That would be predictable.

JT can run a go route with his 4.3 speed once in a while.  (Catching it over head may need some work.), then throw it underneath to Pittman.

If you're looking at a college RB because of how well he runs in a straight line, that explains our draft philosophy being tied to our vision of substitution packages.   Put in JT when we want to run straight,  Put in Wilkins when we want to run a little wider.  And put in Hines when we want to run even wider, but send him up the gut in short yardage as a surprise.  LOL.  If Wilkins and Hines don't stick around, I guess we need to find RBs with traits that show that wider runner and even-wider runner in the draft at some point so we have the proper kind of players on the field at the proper time..

I’m agreeing with you about JT.  I think he is what you are describing.  I don’t know that the other players are though.  Hines, Mack, and Wilkins are all pretty diverse, and you said yourself that Our receivers tend to be.

JT really hurts our offense with Rivers.  Under center PA is what he might be effective at but we need a new QB for that.

I was thinking of an out and up not a wheel route.  He will probably hit a few of those in his career.

A go pattern is never straight.  There is always something in the way.   I would be more shocked if JT become a downfield receiver threat than just about anything I’ve ever seen personnel wise in football.

I actually think the team has very many players with multiple skill sets.  The rookie RB doesn’t, and to an extent neither does the old QB.

31 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I’m agreeing with you about JT.  I think he is what you are describing.  I don’t know that the other players are though.  Hines, Mack, and Wilkins are all pretty diverse, and you said yourself that Our receivers tend to be.

JT really hurts our offense with Rivers.  Under center PA is what he might be effective at but we need a new QB for that.

I was thinking of an out and up not a wheel route.  He will probably hit a few of those in his career.

A go pattern is never straight.  There is always something in the way.   I would be more shocked if JT become a downfield receiver threat than just about anything I’ve ever seen personnel wise in football.

I actually think the team has very many players with multiple skill sets.  The rookie RB doesn’t, and to an extent neither does the old QB.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking JT would do go routes, but he has the talent to do more than straight line running.  As does Mack, who isn't a pile mover but was called to run between the Ts a lot.  He's great in space, but rarely did we throw the ball to him.  Its obvious to me that JT was drafted as his replacement, so they looked to the college RB who could replicate Mack's straight line no-versatility role.. 

I think our skilled players are not diverse at all.  Hines has no power.  Wilkins has no shake.  Doyle can't run.  MAC isn't real agile.  Pascal has precision but little else.  TY and Pittman are three down players, but the other WRs aren't even good enough to stay on the roster a full season.  Our skilled guys seem to be used for just the few plays they are suited for (maybe because they are only good at one thing?), which is why we constantly see substitutions and rotations just to be able to run a variety of plays.  JMO.

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yeah, I wasn't thinking JT would do go routes, but he has the talent to do more than straight line running.  As does Mack, who isn't a pile mover but was called to run between the Ts a lot.  He's great in space, but rarely did we throw the ball to him.  Its obvious to me that JT was drafted as his replacement, so they looked to the college RB who could replicate Mack's straight line no-versatility role.. 

I think our skilled players are not diverse at all.  Hines has no power.  Wilkins has no shake.  Doyle can't run.  MAC isn't real agile.  Pascal has precision but little else.  TY and Pittman are three down players, but the other WRs aren't even good enough to stay on the roster a full season.  Our skilled guys seem to be used for just the few plays they are suited for (maybe because they are only good at one thing?), which is why we constantly see substitutions and rotations just to be able to run a variety of plays.  JMO.

Hey I’ll just agree disagree.  Also JMO.

22 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Agree with everything u said. I doubt this team makes the playoffs. Irsay is going to come up from under the bed sheets and make some tough decisions. My take. Move on from Rivers. Move on from this defensive scheme. Move on from the D coordinator and Oline coach. I think Reich is doing a good job with the talent he he has been given. I have no idea why Ballard keeps getting a pass? Every week it is the coaching but I truly beleive it has more to do with talent. We have gone up against some good teams this year but have been slapped down. This team is not with the big boys in terms of talent. Believe what u want.

You don’t think we make the playoffs?

You don’t understand why Ballard gets a pass?

Like you said....   believe what you want.

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

Having said all that, it sure is funny how fans FREAK when there's a bad game. Going from playoff contender/best defense to a mediocre or under average team is complete and utterly, an emotional statement. Just nonsensical really. 

Injuries aren't an excuse? 

No Buckner. (QB of the defense)

No Okereke.

No AC.

No Kelly. 

No Cambell. 

No Mack. 

No Taylor. 

No Wilkins. 

Exactly

Archived